• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Brave New Planes

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Brystasia Purelove: Half-Nymph/Female (Avenger/Favored Soul/Heartwarder)

Brystasia just nods her hear slightly while smiling at the absent minded scholar wondering What cloud be so interesting about something so void of life, love and beauty? Oh well, beauty and love would not be so interesting if life was the same everywhere.

Her thoughts interrupted she turns to Rynin with a large smile, “I’m sure his studies and the knowledge gained will be most helpful to us. Pelor sounds something like our Lathander, The Morninglord. I wonder if the deities of are two worlds are the same and are only known by different names?” She stares off into space captivated a little by her own thoughts…

Coming too she blushes and then finishes, “I’m sorry, though no master I love to study the various religions of Faerun and now it seems I have much more to study doesn’t it?” Smiling largely as she concludes, “I would love, be honored, to hear about your Sun God, but it will have to wait till later.”

Addressing both Kelnar and Sandorel, “You two are probably the most knowledgeable of the Planes, and our situation, what do we do next?”

Last edited:

Endur

First Post
Gray, featureless light. Nothing in any direction.

The Cimmerian appears almost withdrawn in this place of no objects.

"This is a horrible place.

"I feel a desire to accomplish this task for the wizard. But I do not trust him. He smelled of treachery and dishonor. I wonder how many he has summoned in the past to work for him, and if any of those are still amongst the living."

Last edited:

Serpenteye

First Post
Brother Shatterstone said:
Addressing both Kelnar and Sandorel, “You two are probably the most knowledgeable of the Planes, and our situation, what do we do next?”

Sandorel listens to the faithful, showing no hint of his distaste at their dedication to the divine. When Brystasia turns back to him he answers her, and the others, in a thoughtful tone. "The Astral is commonly known as the plane of thought, it is the pathway from the Prime Material Plane to the Outer Planes. It is trough this plane that the belief of the faithful is drawn to create and sustain the gods and it is here that all gods eventually come when they die, their corpses drifting trough the void until they are colonized by the native races. The plane is somewhat time-less, in a way that I do not completely understand, ageing will not corrupt our flesh here and spellcasting is made faster."
"Travel in this plane is, I think, only limited by ones knowledge of the intended destination and the strength of focused will one can direct to reaching it. We know little, and we might never reach it on our own. We should try, though, and if that fails I propose we search out the Githyanki and convince some of them to assist us. They are an evil race and violence might, regrettably, be necessary."
"For now we should concentrate on our destination and on staying together. If any of you should become separated simply stay where you are and I will find you."
"Ready?"

ooc: Kn(the planes) 26.

The Status spell will allow my char to locate yours.

Last edited:

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
A sound is heard in the distance, almost like the beat of massive wings. A brief glimpse of a figure is seen in the distant gloom, like a whale breaching the surface, but far more . . . serpentine. A loud horn call pierces the air, and four figures swoop in from all around. They are red dragons, measuring 30 feet or more across the wingspan, bearing strange riders. One, his features disguised by crimson plate mail, speaks. "Who are you, and why do you invade our lands?"

Serpenteye

First Post
Endur said:

"This is a horrible place.

"I feel a desire to accomplish this task for the wizard. But I do not trust him. He smelled of treachery and dishonor. I wonder how many he has summoned in the past to work for him, and if any of those are still amongst the living."

"Nor do I trust him, he has given us no reason to and every reason to doubt. We were bound to this task, to retrieve the imprisoned angel to him rendered helpless, that is all. Anything else we find on our quest is ours, including the angel's equipment that our captor claimed he wanted. We're not even prevented from taking the fool's life, by anything other than fear of his power. There will be a way to make him pay for his crime against us."

Last edited:

Dalamar

Adventurer
"I do not know you, stranger, but I can assure you that we have no intention to invade anything. We are only travellers, most of us visiting the Astral Plane for the first time."
Vilya keeps a calm pose, keeping her hands away from the hilt of his scimitar so as to not appear threatening. Fighting red dragons isn't at the top of her list of things to do.

OoC: Diplomacy +10 if that is needed

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Dalamar said:
"I do not know you, stranger, but I can assure you that we have no intention to invade anything. We are only travellers, most of us visiting the Astral Plane for the first time."

"Nevertheless, you have entered the realm of the githyanki. Why are you here, and why should we not slay you?"

GoldenEagle

First Post
"yes, it is as my friend says. We do not wish to invade, we are merely passing through, looking for a portal to another plane. Perhaps we can find it quickly and vacate your territory. Perhaps you wouldn't mind showing us the way out of your territory so that we do not offend you." (Diplomacy +33)

Kelnar uses Kn:planes (+27) to see if he can figure out how to access this demiplane from the astral.

GE

Serpenteye

First Post
Sandorel bows slightly to the apparent leader of the new arrivals. He keeps his voice confident but respectful.
"It is as the lady said. We are peaceful travellers, unfamiliar with the customs of this land. If we have transgressed against any of your laws I assure you that it was done unintentionally. We do not wish to cause you or your nation any harm.

ooc:
Diplomacy..................32 (23+5+2+2)
Sense Motive (CC)..........16 ( 8+12)

Velenne

Explorer
Antillis watches the newcomers with growing anticipation. Especially the dragons. While familiar with the Astral in his own history, it was unaware such knowledge extended to Sandorel's depths. Nor does it particularly care for such nuances anyway.

While the others attempt to bargain their way out of conflict, the Hunter's instincts of this race tell it that such conflict may be inevitable. But for now, it watches and attempts to notice any change the githyanki's behavior that may indicate a forthcoming attack.

Spot?: +15

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads