• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Brave New Planes

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Brystasia Purelove: Half-Nymph/Female (Avenger/Favored Soul/Heartwarder)

Brystasia looks slightly baffled by the answer but decides not to press. Instead she turns to her new companions and walks over to the group. She glances at the massive man of muscle hoping to see that he is calmer and more civilized, even if it’s that only slightly more civilized than before.

“My name is Brystasia Purelove, a servant of the Goddess Sune, and it looks like we will be traveling together for the time being.” She extends her free hand to anyone who wants to shake it and is willing to submit to more unusual forms of greeting. [Hugs, Kiss on the check, etc.]

She will hand the key and shackles to anyone who wants see, handle, or store them.

Last edited:

Serpenteye

First Post
Sandorel curses under his breath as he shakes briefly from the effects of the spell. His antipathy for his captive seems to have mysteriously disappeared. Though he finds slavery abhorrent, especially when he's subject of it, he can at least take some solace in the fact that they will be working counter to the will of a deity. He looks once again at his companions, approaches Brystasia and offers his hand in greeting.
"Pleased to meet you Ms Purelove, my name is Sandorel Ilazar, until most recently I have been a servant of no one being but of all mortals."

--

Last edited:

Velenne

Explorer
Antillis: enormous, heavily-armored Xill Hunter.

Various openings in the Hunter's armor close and it seems to slowly fade from view. Abruptly, it snaps back as their captor finishes his spell. The creature is not amused. It lets out another of its frustrated clackings and finally takes stock of the situation.

If it was a Hunt this wizard wanted, he had summoned no better killer. The armor opens itself again and the creature's facemask seems to move. Its alien mouth works a unique language which its cobalt-blue armor translates and broadcasts in a deafening monotone,

"I AM KNOWN AS ANTILLIS THE HUNTER. NO PREY HAS EVER SLIPPED FROM GRASP."

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP

Brystasia smiling nods her head in respect of Sandorel’s clerichood while accepting his hand, “Please just call me Brystasia, or if that’s still to formal Stasia works too.” On the verge of asking him a question when deafening noise interrupts.

Brystasia turns to address her other new companion with an unsure look on her face as she no idea what it was. Steering upwards at what most be its face of the large red creature she address him, “Well meet Antilles,” feeling slightly awkward, “hopefully I’ll never be your prey.” Brystasia smiles at her own joke but cannot help but wonder if the huge creature even knows what a smile is.

Dalamar

Adventurer
"I am Vilya Desertleaf. I have devoted a long part of my life to mastering the art of the dancing blade. Unfortunately I cannot contribute to our 'hunt', since I lack any skills in magic or tracking."

Serpenteye

First Post
Sandorel smiles at Brystasia, but turns when she does to watch the impressive Xill. He nods respectfully towards all his coincidental companions and speaks in a smooth, cultured voice.

"I am honoured, I'm sure, to have met you all, though considering the circumstances I would rather not have. I would prefer to be as far away from our enslaver as possible, lest he add greater burden to our task. Perhaps we should try to find our way out? We're in Sigil, if I'm not mistaken, and there should be a portal in the city to take us to our destination. Our captor may even have one here."

He looks around the room.

Last edited:

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Serpenteye said:
Sandorel smiles at Brystasia, but turns when she does to watch the impressive Xill. He nods respectfully towards all his coincidental companions and speaks in a smooth, cultured voice.

"I am honoured, I'm sure, to have met you all, though considering the circumstances I would rather not have. I would prefer to be as far away from our enslaver as possible, lest he add greater burden to our task. Perhaps we should try to find our way out? We're in Sigil, if I'm not mistaken, and there should be a portal in the city to take us to our destination. Our captor may even have one here."

He looks around the room.

Not yet having left the room, the Seer replies "There are portals, should you desire to use them, though Plane Shift, Astral Projection, or Gate may prove more precise and subtle."

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP

Brystasia frowns at the discouraging remarks coming from the half-elven woman, “Vilya, I serious doubt you will have no value. I have a feeling that we where all selected for a reason and it wasn’t simple randomness that brought us here…" She looks her straight in the eyes with a kind expression on her face, “Have a little faith, okay?”

Feeling that issue is settled she turns back to Sandorel with a very impressed look upon her face, “I have no idea what Sigil is or where it is…”

She blushes slightly remember the various questions she had asked, “Then again I probably have already shown my naiveté on the situation but I doubt I’m still on Faerun…”

Realizing she probably doing nothing more than babbling she doesn’t ask Sandorel to confirm her feeling and simply states to him, “You are probably right we’ve been dismissed we should leave now.”

Last edited:

Serpenteye

First Post
Paxus Asclepius said:
Not yet having left the room, the Seer replies "There are portals, should you desire to use them, though Plane Shift, Astral Projection, or Gate may prove more precise and subtle."

"And the Key will bring us into the vicinity of the Prison? Or must we research it's location first?"

Brother Shatterstone said:
Feeling that issue is settled she turns back to Sandorel with a very impressed look upon her face, “I have no idea what Sigil is or where it is…”
"Pretty much the center of the Multiverse. I've been here once or twize before, and it's not the most pleasant of places." he says with a telling glance at their captor.

Brother Shatterstone said:
Realizing she probably doing nothing more than babbling she doesn’t ask Sandorel to confirm her feeling and simply states to him, “You are probably right we’ve been dismissed we should leave now.”

He nods and smiles, finding her insecurity strangely alluring. The woman is dangerous, there can be no doubt about that, if I'm not careful she may steal my soul.

Last edited:

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Serpenteye said:
"And the Key will bring us into the vicinity of the Prison? Or must we research it's location first?"

"They key can help bring you there, but travel in the Astral is not a matter of locations, but familiarity. Nothing you can learn here, or in any library on the Great Wheel, will help you find it as much as going there yourself. If any mortals can guide you, it would be the githyanki, and they reside in the Astral, though acquiring their assistance may be . . chancy. Do you require a portal, or can you manage by yourself?"

Remove ads