• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Brave New Planes

Serpenteye

First Post
Paxus Asclepius said:
"They key can help bring you there, but travel in the Astral is not a matter of locations, but familiarity. Nothing you can learn here, or in any library on the Great Wheel, will help you find it as much as going there yourself. If any mortals can guide you, it would be the githyanki, and they reside in the Astral, though acquiring their assistance may be . . chancy. Do you require a portal, or can you manage by yourself?"

"I'll manage, thank you." he smirks and turns to his companions.
"If you are all ready, join hands and do not resist. I will take you to the Astral."

He casts Plane Shift to take them to the Astral Plane.

Endur

First Post
As the Mage completes his spell, the rage leaves the Cimmerian.

The massive human warrior stands quiet, almost subdued as he listens to the Mage describe the task, and stares in wonder at the comments that Brystaisa and the Mage exchange.

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Serpenteye said:
He casts Plane Shift to take them to the Astral Plane

Sandorel's spell goes off, and the world is suddenly very different. All around is nothing but a gray, featureless light. There is no sensation of falling, but there is no ground to support you. A slight wind ruffles your hair, and your senses seem unusually sharp, though the only things you can see or hear are each other.

Dalamar

Adventurer
Vilya lets out an amused laughter at Brystasia's comment.
"Trust me, I have confidence. What I meant was that I can't help in finding our prey. But if somebody needs to be taken down, you can count on me."

When Sandorel tells them to hold hands, she presents hers to those closest to her.

Serpenteye

First Post
Sandorel looks around, to assure himself there is no immediate danger, activates one of his Beads of Karma to increase his caster level to 25, and casts several spells in rapid succession. His body expands and fills with strength and energy, and soon he towers above most of his companions.

ooc:
Spells:
Status, Magic Circle against Evil, Magic Vestment x2 (on armor and shield), Greater Magic Weapon (on heavy mace), Persistent Divine Favor, Persistent Death Ward, Persistent Divine Power, Persistent Righteous Might.

HP: 182(102+80 (con 18)
AC: 33 (21+4+4+4-1)
BaB: 20 (Divine Power)
Attacks:+37/+32/+27/+22 (+20(Divine Power)+6(str22)+5(GMW)+6(Divine Favor))
Damage:2d6+17 (2d6(large Heavy Mace)+6(str22)(8+6(Divine Power)+8(Righteous Might))+5(GMW)+6(Divine Favor))
Reach: 10'
Damage reduction 15/evil

Velenne

Explorer
It turns slowly around, now in a place it is more familiar with. A different sort of hunting ground, to be sure, but not a summoning circle.

The area is familiar, but these companions still are not. Each of you feels the weight of Antillis' gaze as the mask turns to press its regard. The creature spends several moments in turn, seeming to reach its own conclusions and storing them for later. While it may not benefit from a Ka'toh* on this hunt, it will make due with the tools at hand.

Ka'toh - An Infernal term for a hunting party, but in this sense likely referring to the captain of such a party- usually a spellcaster. This is almost strictly a Xillan usage of the term.

GoldenEagle

First Post
As Rynin settles into his new surroundings he nods. "Rynin Brightshield, servant of Pelor at your service. Let us be done with this geas quickly so that we might find out what motivates our 'employer'. It seems as though we all want to serve the greater good.

Rynin looks to his cohort (posted to RG shortly) and and then back to the group. "Do any of you know specifically how to get to this demi-plane?"

GE

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Brystasia Purelove: Half-Nymph/Female (Avenger/Favored Soul/Heartwarder)

Before
Brystasia nods her head while deep in thought, I wonder exactly what this Multiverse is. Brystasia on the verge of asking more questions has her thoughts interrupted by Vilya and the questions are momentarily forgotten.

“Vilya I’m sorry I misunderstood you I mean no offense.” She gives an apologetic smile and hopes that the two of them will be able to talk about more mundane matters in the future before she excuses herself.

Brystasia heads over to the large but quite man that has been watching them a distance.
“Are you okay? Can you understand me, sir?"

Brystasia shakes the hand of Rynin, “It’s a pleasure to meet you. To be honest I’ve never heard of Pelor but its okay it confirms what I’ve been wondering, we are not all from the same place.” She smiles and continues, “Maybe you can tell me about him or her some time?”

Then
Brystasia, new to traveling the planes, gives a small prayer to Sune as she takes the hands of the closes two people.

Now
Brystasia looks around the astral plane in amazement wondering how something devoid of everything could even exist. She absently takes a stray tendril of blonde hair from out of her face and tucks it behind her slightly pointed ears as she watches and waits for the others to become use to the new plane.

OOC: Sorry for the long post but hopefuly no one besides GE cohort fills left out.

Last edited:

Dalamar

Adventurer
"So this is the Astral Plane... I have heard of it from some of my mentors in the past, but I wasn't really listening to them..."
Vilya looks around, trying to see something beside her new companions.

GoldenEagle

First Post
"My apologies; my name is Kelnar Tel," says the grey elf as he continues to study the surroundings on the astral not even realizing it took his minutes to respond to the courteous Brystasia"

"Fascinating..." he says as he seems to ponder something that no one can see and indeed he is lost in his own thoughts.

Rynin rejoins the conversation,"Kelnar seems to be lost in studies almost perpetually, but he is good to have around when you need to know something. He is quite the sage. As far as Pelor is concerned I would love to tell you about the Sun God and the followers of the Light."

Remove ads