• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Brave New Planes

Dalamar

Adventurer
"That... is impressive..." Vilya says and picks the weapon up. She tries the weapon out, testing the weight and balance with a few strikes.

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Serpenteye said:
Sandorel advances towards the noice, if he heard it.

With Sandorel's incredibly heightened senses, he is able to piece together the echoes, knowing both where the sound came from and the fastest route there. He arrives in minutes.

Vilya finds the weapon to be almost too perfectly balanced; the blade anticipates her intent and moves with it, slicing more quickly than any blade she's wielded before.

Wrahn

First Post
”Fascinating.” Meekel says as he pulls forth a tome from his backpack, sits down and begins sketching the blade.

”You should be aware intelligent blades are not tools, but distinct entities with their own motivations. If you accept the blade, you are forming more of a partnership than anything else. It is a dangerous thing to do without understanding the goals of the sword, scimitar now I suppose, particularly one of power.” Meekel says as he concentrates on capturing the likeness of the flashing blade.

Serpenteye

First Post
Sandorel walks out of the shadows, "Indeed. And whatever the weapons goals may be and however compatible your alignments you need to be wary so that you don't become its tool."

He takes in the crude scratchings on the wall, "I take it we're going to the Abyss, then. I doubt lesser measures will suffice if his soul is indeed dead. Unless you want to attempt to Wish him back?" , he says turning to Meekel.

ooc: Kn (Religion) +27, Kn (Planes) +27.

Does he manage to piece together what exaclty happened to Conan, and his current situation?

Last edited:

Dalamar

Adventurer
"Fascinating... Too bad you can't talk, would make communication much easier. Hmm, I doubt your old scabbard can hold you now, means we'll need to find a new one for my old scimitar."

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Serpenteye said:
Does he manage to piece together what exaclty happened to Conan, and his current situation?

The clues are extremely vague, and the sword isn't long on description; you can tell that he's been taken by a female demon, and that his soul, personality, or some other significant part of him has been destroyed or corrupted beyond recognition. Without divination, though, you don't know exactly where he's been taken, or by exactly whom.

Dalamar

Adventurer
OoC: I quess we're a bit stuck on what to do since we don't have a clear goal.

IC: "So what is our plan henceforth? Shall we try to recover our friend's body to bring him back or, if he is beyond saving, give him a proper burial?"

Last edited:

Serpenteye

First Post
Dalamar said:
OoC: I quess we're a bit stuck on what to do since we don't have a clear goal.

IC: "So what is our plan henceforth? Shall we try to recover our friend's body to bring him back or, if he is beyond saving, give him a proper burial?"

"I shall see what answers I can find tomorrow. There might still be a way to save him."

ooc: Will Commune still work for a godless cleric? Maybe the spell could allow him to seek the answers on his own without divine assistance?
If Commune is not a good spell for the purpose of finding Conan, do any of you know of a clerical spell that would be better? (I'm somewhat of a novice in playing high level clerics)

Remove ads