• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

BrOp's Age of Worms Adventure Path: The Whispering Cairn (IC)

Mulch Longbear, Dwarven cleric 1

Someone said:
"You´ll learn before we´ve finished exploring this place. I don´t mind, but these people heard about stairs?"
Mulch grunts his agreement as he dusts off his clothes after the climb. "Aye, it is strange at that. Too bad we don't know any more about these strange people. I wonder, were they even human, or something else? I certainly have never heard of them. Zan, what did you say they were called?" he continues, pulling out a red and blue striped hankerchief which he used to mop the sweat off his brow. After a few dabs he wipes his hands on it, then stuffs the piece of cloth back under his belt. Reaching behind him he draws the enormously-wide greatsword from its sheathe, "Well, is everyone ready to go on? I'm curious to see if this is just another dead end.""

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
"It's pre-Galifaran, but post-Dhakaani, which makes it a bit less than 1000 years old." Zan says as he moves with his friends, looking for interesting markings on the walls.

Gathering your belongings, you leave the lip of the corridor behind and make your way further down the unexplored passageway. After only a few steps, it is revealed that you may not have very far to walk. Perhaps seventy feet from the beginning of the hallway, it ends in a wall shaped to look like an enormous stone human face, its mouth open in an angry scream.

As the changeling examins the wall, Rial, Snffer and Kerwin notice something else. Several long scratch marks mar the otherwise perfectly-tiled floor, as if something had been dragged toward the end of the corridor where you just came from. These scratches are not of uniform length and look as if they begin all up and down the corridors. Zan even notices a few of them on the walls.

Bront said:
"It's pre-Galifaran, but post-Dhakaani, which makes it a bit less than 1000 years old." Zan says as he moves with his friends, looking for interesting markings on the walls.
Mulch snorts, "Ten centuries, is that all? We have drinking vessels older than that in the Holds!"

Bront

The man with the probe
"Yes, there seems to be awfly little here for a place so heavily trapped." Zan comments. "Almost makes me miss the comfort of a structured class.... Almost."

Erekose13

Explorer
"Definitely something put these scratch marks here. A trap perhaps, be careful everyone." Kerwyn says as he inches forward towards the face.

Knight Otu

First Post
"I think I have an idea what the trap in this corridor is." Meldain says pondering the skeleton below and the markings on the wall and floor (assuming they are pointed out to him). "I guess activating the trap moves some wall, which shoves the victim to the end of the corridor, to plummet down. There may be more to it, though :heh: .I'll check to see if I can find the trigger. You others might want to climb down again."

Remove ads