Building Eberron (Using non-Eberron books)

Erekose13

Explorer
Just thought I'd through that out there and see what people thought. I agree that we want most of our judges and dms at least to have the majority of books. How much reproduction of non-core info do we want on our character sheets? I'd say if its non-core put a paraphrased version of the text into your sheet.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Patlin said:
Random Plug: Spell compendium is AWESOME. You should pick it up.

The convenience factor alone of having a zillion spells between two covers rather than trying to remember where a particular spell comes from is great. Also, if you're like me, you probably have less than half the books it compiles spells from, so there will be a lot of new material for you. :)
I'm probably not like you then--I have most of the WotC books that have spells except the ones I don't want to have because I don't trust the book's designers not to put out something incredibly moronic (cough...Complete Divine).

Bront

The man with the probe
drothgery said:
Any chance of a shorter review period for Eberron-specific material, or are we going to use a flat six months for everything?
No.

It's a market penetration/give it time to be discussed and potentialy erattaed issue. Plus, you're now forcing judges to buy books instead of giving them some time, and the option of passing.

Erekose13 said:
We ever looking beyond WotC? Dragon Compendium is a nice book.
In my opinion? No.

I'm already working on expanding my library (at some considerable personal expense), and I don't want to worry about non-WoTC books. On top of that, balance tends to be even more of an issue with them, not nessessarily in the crunch itself, but how it combines with other crunch.

Bront

The man with the probe
Erekose13 said:
Just thought I'd through that out there and see what people thought. I agree that we want most of our judges and dms at least to have the majority of books. How much reproduction of non-core info do we want on our character sheets? I'd say if its non-core put a paraphrased version of the text into your sheet.
Yes, that may help.

Here's an example of potential ways to do that. Example Character

Granted, that's a character from a different game I'm in, but he does note most abilities in some way, so that a GM unfamiliar with the ability or book has some clue.

Bront

The man with the probe
I think we have a consensus for some of the base classes, the oriental ones seem to be sticking points (though I've seen a lot more negitive on them than positive), apparently I'm the only one with qualms about the warmage, and the Marshal's only negitive mention so far is that it's underpowered.

Remove ads