Burning Heretics (IC)

Jack of Tales

First Post
Alathiel wracks her mind for the numerous subjects she has become competent about in her lifetime. Her great knowledge of arcane magics mentions nothing about rituals involving human sacrifice that specify the need for a beheading of a clerical figure. The noble families in the area likewise would have nothing to do with human sacrifice. However, she seems to recall a small excerpt on a recent religious report by Sir Zachary Neya about new religious movements over the past hundred years. Zachary had mentioned that there were cults that showed dislike for the current worship of gods.

Lady Sasha shakes her head and you can see deep sadness welling up behind her eyes. “We of the healing goddess have never offended anyone. Even Trissieve, the mistress of pain, shows respect for Rivka’s own. We here have received no threats or ill will in…well I can’t recall it ever happening really. As for the general populace of Wexen’s Crossing, I do not believe that they have done anything to warrant this. Although I have not personally been to the town and do not know much about the village.” The hospitaler pauses for a moment before letting out a short laugh and shaking her head at forgetting something. “I don’t suppose you all know where Wexen’s Crossing is? If you follow the east road out of Keldon along Drumer’s Path you will come to a sign for the Wexen noble house about a half day’s journey. Make sure it is the right sign for there are many on that path. If you take the indicated turn you will reach the center of Wexen’s crossing after a full day’s ride from that point. The Wexens’ manor is about a four hour ride away from the village.”

Xavier you can recall a story you heard from an old bandit at a local tavern about peculiar things happening in the town in the past few ten-days but you can’t recall what exactly.

moritheil

First Post
"Whether madness or a sinister plot, it is clear this must be dealt with," says Alatheil after a moment's deliberation. "But we have no leads save for the location, so we must go there. Perhaps someone will know something. Might we ask for some sort of letter of warrant, or other proof so that any suspicious villagers will know we act on your behalf?"

Jack of Tales

First Post
The aged woman smiles at the elf. 'What a polite lass you are. I am so glad you have decided to accept this job. Vincent said that you would but you can never be too sure. Many would be wary about someone who would dare offend the church. I am hoping it is nothing too serious. And as for a warrant I can have one of the Acolytes of Rivka tend to that matter. The Justicars typically give out warrants for the performance of duties seen as above and beyond the call of a typical citizen. I merely forgot to have one written up in advance. I will make sure it arrives here sometime tonight."

renau1g

First Post
"I am not wary of cowards or murderers, especially those who prey upon the poor and innocent. Do not let this problem trouble you any longer Lady Sasha, the Wyverns won't let you down" Xavier will say as he pounds his fist in his hands. Looking to his colleagues Xavier will add "Before we move out I'll touch base with some of my contacts here in the city to see if they've heard anything, but it'll take me a couple of hours. " (Gather Information (1d20+3=15) Time (1d4+1=5) )

Bihlbo

Explorer
Lanuth Smoothedcrest Galem-Puvitho

The faint creaking sound coming from upstairs gets progressively louder as the people below have their conversation. It sounds as if each step in the stairwell is being tested to its breaking point, one at a time.

As the thick, wide boots become visible on the stairs, the reason for the sound becomes obvious. A very tall figure, taking each step slowly and heavily, decends one careful step after another - backwards. Soon the source of the weight is seen. The figure carries a large armoire on his back as he climbs down the stairs, grunting slightly or just breathing heavily with the strain of each step.

One hand holding the base of the armoire, and the other keeping the top pulled against his shoulder, Lanuth Gelem-Puvitho, who introduced himself a few days prior as Smoothedcrest, sets the furniture on the ground immediately after descending the stairs. He stands upright again, at least as tall as the armoire himself, and wipes the sweat off his brow. Shirtless, his dark gray skin is covered with a symmetrical pattern of boney protrusions, especially thick across the abdomen. His pants are well-worn goatskin, tightly-fitted and reinforced with home-made metal knee guards. As he pulls his arm away, the thick hair now smoothed down against his forarm by the sweat he wiped away, he reveals a drawn face, curiously devoid of the boney lithoderms that are found everywhere else.

Noticing the others for the first time, Lanuth says in a thick western accent and a voice that sounds like a windchime made of sand, "Oh, very sorry I disctract. Just I do some work up a floor." Suddenly noticing who the company is, Smoothedcrest catches his breath and bows politely to her, "Madam. Apoligeece. I don better clothing for this, come down again." With that, he begins to head back up the stairs, three steps at a time.

covaithe

Explorer
When Smoothedcrest returns...

"Lady Sasha, meet Smoothedcrest, our expert in the fine arts of diplomacy and subtle persuasion," Geraint grins warmly, taking the sting out of the his dry remark. He reaches up and gently slaps him on a rocky shoulder, and proceeds to fill Smoothedcrest in on the task Lady Sasha has described. "Xavier, I think we will have time for you to gather what information you can while we prepare supplies, but do return as soon as you can. The longer we take to depart, the more danger the surviving villagers may be in."

renau1g

First Post
Looking to Geraint, Xavier will say "I shant be long, perhaps one of you can procure some horses in my stead? It will make our trip much faster. Lady Sasha please excuse my rude exit, however as Geraint said the sooner we get to Wexen's Crossing the sooner we can help those poor souls". With that Xavier will go upstairs, grab his gear and go to see some of his "friends".

Jack of Tales

First Post
Lady Sasha Henwiel

If she is disturbed by the goings ons of the tavern, she does not show it. The lady stands and makes a single bow encompassing everyone.

"I believe that our business is finished then. I will leave you all to your work. If you have any further questions please send Sandy to the guild hall and I will have someone give her the answers she needs. I have other business to contend with before the day is out so I will take my leave. Good bye and good luck." Before anyone can say anything further, Lady Sasha quickly strides from the tavern and is gone.

moritheil

First Post
Alatheil bows automatically as soon as the lady does, and watches her go.

Once Lady Sasha leaves, the elf smiles over at Geraint. "Not a bad recovery, there. So, what should we do between now and when the papers arrive tonight?"

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Jack of Tales:

[sblock=fort save or die of curiosity]

I have posted my character in the ooc thread and he is awaiting approval in post Number 76

[/sblock]

Remove ads