• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Burning Heretics (IC)

Bihlbo

Explorer
"Walking, it is not so bad," Smoothedcrest says, resting a reassuring hand on Geraint's shoulder. "My armor I carry, to not greatly slow us. Grant me some short minutes, to be ready."

renau1g

First Post
Upon his return a few hours later Xavier notices the extremely exotic Felidae preparing for the journey. He wonders where she's been the last few days, as he hasn't seen her since they were introduced by Wyce. "Your timing couldn't be more fortuitous Felidae. We were just preparing to leave and you've returned from your mysterious adventure. I look forward to spending some more time with you on our journey." If the group still requires anything to get ready he'll help pack up, otherwise Xavier ready and anxious to get moving.

Jack of Tales

First Post
Day 1: Date: 3rd day of Mountains, 1782 Year of Troubles

You all head to your individual rooms and sleep soundly. Waking the next morning you finish your preparations and head out the door. Sandy is sitting behind the counter talking to a short girl with long brown hair and strange clothing. She waves to you as you walk out and calls "Good luck! Come back alive!"

Sometime in the night an Order of Execution arrived from the Justicars. It grants each of you the right to use deadly force in conjunction with the protection of the townspeople of Wexen's Crossing in addition to the elimination of whatever threat, whether citizen or not, has been the cause of the murders and disappearances. Sandy makes sure to give it to someone before the party leaves. [Figure out amongst yourselves who has it.]

The trip to Wexen's Crossing will take about a day and a half. There is little reason to be worried about where to spend the night because of the large number of small farms and villages near Redtol. However, you will most likely have to ask a family if you can spend the night in their barn or house because inns usually only get enough business in large towns to stay around for long.

The party travels down the road for a large part of the day while keeping watch for the sign Lady Sasha had told them about. The weather is chilly and your feet crunch on a small layer of snow but the sun is high in the air. Several hours after you have walked out from Redtol, but before you reach the turnoff to Wexen's Crossing you see a wagon in the distance. It seems to have crashed into the side of a boulder lying on the side of the road. You can see several figures laying about in the road but you cannot tell if they are dead or simply unconscious. These factors are all secondary, however, to what truly catches your attention. A tall humanoid standing about eight feet tall dressed in a long, ragged black robe with the hood pulled up over its face towers over a slim man with a longsword in one hand. The tall humanoid has two three-clawed hands and is slashing at the man's weakening defenses.

The man sees you out of the corner of his eye and yells to your party. "Help me! This creature is going to kill me too!" The beast's face turns to face you and you can see a mouth full of sharp teeth, a face of taut and dried skin and glowing red eyes. It hisses in your direction but continues to attack the human guard. [Roll Initiatives, post 1-2 rounds of actions depending on what you're doing]

EDIT: Sorry Covaithe, the post was up before I finished it. I got tired and went to take a nap but hit the post button anyway >.>

[sblock]
Initiative:
Gerraint ?
Xavier ?
Smoothy ?
Alathiel ?
Felidae ?
Creature: 18
Guard: 10

Tokens:
X = Xavier
A = Alathiel
S = Smoothedcrest
G = Geraint
F = Felidae
Each square = 5'
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Roadside Encounter.jpg
    Roadside Encounter.jpg
    961.9 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: Not sure what the situation is; are we in a surprise round? Are we not yet in combat?

Geraint grips his spear tightly and steps forward. "Hold!," he roars in what he hopes is a commanding tone. "Stand down, in the name of Redtol's Wyverns!"

ooc2: +8 diplomacy or +2 intimidate

renau1g

First Post
XAvier the Bold - Human Rogue/Fighter 2/1 - 24/24hp - 18AC

Seeing the unfortunate human and the imposing creature Xavier will shout out "Turn coward and meet your death!" hoping to distract the creature and lure it over. Xavier will draw his weapons and move into melee with the creature as soon as he can, sounding challenges as he moves.

OOC Initiative (1d20+3=5)
Intimidate (1d20+3=23)

covaithe

Explorer
Geraint Beldarane, Favored Soul 3, 24/24 hp, AC 18 (normally 20)

Geraint is slow to react to the creature's refusal to desist, but eventually he breaks into a lumbering run and charges towards the creature.

ooc: init 1d20+1=4. I like the map, really I do, but... I don't see any squares. :) If that red thing near the wagon is about the size of a square, then, eyeballing it, it looks like the party start out about 10 squares away from the fight, mostly diagonal. So, Geraint's actions will be to run (full round, 80' movement) until he's close enough to charge. And then he'll miss: 1d20+9=13 AC will be 18 for the round after he finally manages to get there, and 20 thereafter.

Jack of Tales

First Post
OOC:[sblock] Not sure why the grid didn't appear on the map. Didn't notice it until after I'd posted. Next turn's map will have a grid! The red token is 10x10 (large size). I'll post next round tomorrow or after Tailspinner and Bihlbo post their actions.[/sblock]

G

Guest 11456

Judge Felidae : Ahl’Artathi Paladin 3 : 25/25 HP : AC 17

Felidae moves forward quickly while drawing her blades. As she gets closer she concentrates on the creature to see if it is indeed evil as she believes.

OOC:
Initiative: 11
Double move toward the creature while drawing Law and Justice.
Detect Evil in the direction of the creature.

From what I can tell a normal 5-foot square is 50x50 pixels on your map.
Thus I came up with the following grid.
The lower case 'f' signifies where Felidae ends movement.
Her path is: W,NW,NW,W,NW,NW,W,NW,NW (equivalent of 12 squares).
Code:
XX.....................
XX.....................
...........f...........
....................S.G
....................FA.
.....................X.

Bihlbo

Explorer
Smoothy

initiative (1d20=15)

OOC: Jack, Smoothy's AC is going to depend on how dangerous the countryside seems to be. In an area dominated by farmland like the land through which the party travelled the day before, he would have been carrying his armor. In a more wild land, he wears it, so if this land qualifies then he's armored.

[sblock=Maneuvers]Iron Guard's Glare is the active stance.
My attempt at randomly determining maneuver access determines that the maneuvers are available in this order:
Round 1 Stone Vise and Crusader's Strike
Round 2 Charging Minotaur
Round 3 Stone Bones
Round 4 Leading the Attack
[/sblock]

Lanuth "Smoothedcrest" shouts to his allies, "Coordinate! Advance in flanks, with my side!" Shield braced against his shoulder, he runs while drawing his longsword, preparing to defend against the claws and teeth of the beast before him.

OOC: If Smoothy's wearing plate, he can move 60 ft. as a run, and that's what he'll be doing for two rounds (assuming the enemy doesn't close the distance). If not in plate, he can move till he's right in front of the enemy with 120 ft. movement, but he won't move that far. He's going to stop with 10 ft. between him and the creature so that it still has to move to him to attack (it'll be 15 ft. if the creature looks like it has reach). If in the second round the monster advances toward us, Smoothy will probably charge.

Remove ads