Burning Heretics (IC)

covaithe

Explorer
Alatheil said:
"So, what should we do between now and when the papers arrive tonight?"

"Well, Xavier makes a good point, that the trip will go more quickly if we are all mounted. Alas, with the few coins I have left, I doubt I could find a horse that could carry me faster than I can walk. Do you suppose Wyce might be persuaded to front us some coin for mounts? Or does anyone have any other suggestions for transportation?" Geraint muses.

moritheil

First Post
covaithe said:
"Well, Xavier makes a good point, that the trip will go more quickly if we are all mounted. Alas, with the few coins I have left, I doubt I could find a horse that could carry me faster than I can walk. Do you suppose Wyce might be persuaded to front us some coin for mounts? Or does anyone have any other suggestions for transportation?" Geraint muses.

The elf's face falls. "Ah, we should have thought of that a minute ago. I wonder if our employer would loan us some horses."

G

Guest 11456

Judge Felidae : Ahl'Artathi Paladin 3

As she returned from her pilgrimage to the small town with the modest temple to the Hand, Felidae noticed something in the distance. A woman leaving the Redtol Wyverns’ guild hall. Then it hit her. The meeting that Wyce had spoken of with a client. Had she missed it? She must have. She quickened her pace toward the guild hall.

As she entered the hall she noticed the others she had met along with Wyce, several days ago. She walked purposely over to Alatheil. “Was that woman that just left the client that Wyce spoke of?” Without waiting for a reply the Artathi continued. “Please forgive me for my tardiness. What is the mission? What is the status of our team? What can I do to help?”

Last edited by a moderator:

Bihlbo

Explorer
"Mountains where I from, I have not as much worth as a horse. Is the horse so common here that we buy one?" Smoothedcrest says as he leans against a wall.

covaithe

Explorer
"Hello, Felidae. Yes, that was Lady Sasha."

Geraint briefly describes mission, concluding "Xavier has gone to do some last minute rumor-gathering while we handle supplies. We will leave as soon as he returns. We were just discussing the possibility of finding horses to make better speed, although thinking about it, I'm not sure where we'd find a horse that could carry Smoothedcrest for any length of time. And if any one of us is to be on foot, there isn't a great deal of purpose to acquiring horses for the rest."

Jack of Tales

First Post
[Xavier's foray into Redtol for Gather Information: 15]
You head to a few fellow 'adventurers' that you know who may have heard something about the events in Wexen's Crossing. The first man, a slim fellow nicknamed Three-Fingered Ted, knows nothing about the small village. Carl Ozibok, a man you met while scuttling around town on an errand for Vincent, tells you that he had heard of the village but the only thing he could think of use was that there were arguments between the farmers and the head of the farmer's guild over new policies.

Your other contacts prove just as useless and you go to see the last man on your list. You only know Jort Devenum from other people and have never met him yourself, having no real need to. After meeting with the gypsy in a small, crowded tavern you learn that the victims of the village's killings match up with those of a few incidents that happened in Timoriel over the past few years. It had something to do with religious conflicts, but that is really all Jort can tell you.

[Alathiel's request for mounts]
Vincent sprays beer from his mouth when you ask him ever so politely if he could loan money to rent Caller drakes from the local guild for the job. He begins to laugh long and hard before finally wiping several tears from under his eyes.

"Money? What money? Come back to me when you bring in some cash! Until then you all can cover your own expenses...Hah. Coming to me about money, you are one funny elf."

Vincent looks at you and shakes his head laughing as he walks upstairs to his quarters.

renau1g

First Post
Leaving a gold piece and thanking Jort for his assitance, Xavier will travel back to their headquarters mulling over what he learned. Thinking that these kind of events are why he stays out of religious debates. He'll make a mental note to discuss this further with Geraint, hoping that he'll be able to shed some further light on this.

moritheil

First Post
A sour grimace twisting her features, Alatheil stalks away from Vincent as Felidae enters.

"Oh, hello," she says, making an effort to look less forbidding. "I'm afraid you just missed it."

covaithe

Explorer
Vincent said:
"Money? What money? Come back to me when you bring in some cash! Until then you all can cover your own expenses...Hah. Coming to me about money, you are one funny elf."

"Looks like we'll be walking," Geraint observes drily. "Very well. We'll need food. Perhaps a few torches, in case we have to be about at night. We should be able to get those on our way out of town. I assume everyone has their own bedding already? If so, we should be ready to go as soon as Xavier returns."

[sblock=ooc]I'm mostly just roleplaying getting supplies together / passing time until Xavier returns, rather than actually intending to keep track of things like bedrolls and trail rations. Unless, that is, our DM would like us to?
[/sblock]

Remove ads