Burning Heretics OOC

Jack of Tales

First Post
For the sake of speed I will try to post a new combat round every other day. Is this good with you all? Occasionally someone will not post in time but I can NPC your actions. I do this for the sake of speed because we've been dragging out a round three-four days sometimes.

Scott, do you have any plans of posting in the IC thread? You responded here but never to the IC thread...

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
gosh...did i miss something?....

edit: i did miss something...i thought i had made a post last night. sorry.there is a post now

Last edited:

Jack of Tales

First Post
Burning Heretics:
No one, including the monster, has moved in the past two rounds. Do you want me to post up the Tactical map anyway or shall I leave it as is?

renau1g

First Post
Personally I'm ok with not putting it up as we're not moving right now, unless others in the group are planning on moving.

moritheil

First Post
Alatheil probably does not want to get any closer, having seen what those claws can do. :heh:

On a side note, she had guessed that the fight would not require magic, so she didn't use any, and now that we're six rounds in, it would probably be a waste to use any. Oops. Had she used a buff spell, and had I remembered earlier to add strength to damage due to the mighty bow, her contribution would probably have been somewhat greater. Oh well. DR is usually the bane of archers anyhow.

Jack of Tales

First Post
On a side note, Bihlbo, your round 8 actions will not provoke an AoO because charges do not provoke them from the enemy subject to the charge! Wow..never realized how complex the 3.5e rules were

moritheil

First Post
Jack of Tales said:
charges do not provoke them from the enemy subject to the charge! Wow..never realized how complex the 3.5e rules were

Really? Even if they have reach? Wow.

What about setting against a charge?

srd said:
Weapons Readied against a Charge

Spears, tridents, and certain other piercing weapons deal double damage when readied (set) and used against a charging character.

moritheil

First Post
I was really curious about this rule so I asked some other ENWorlders about whether or not charge provokes from the target, if the target has reach. I hope you don't mind! I'm copying a quote here in case you feel like reading it. :)

jaelis said:
Charging does provoke. Nothing says it doesn't, the general rule for movement says it does, and if you need direct confirmation, see the Hold the Line feat.

[Your DM is] getting the wrong idea from the table of actions on PHB page 141, where is says a charge does not provoke. But tell [her] to read the associated footnote 1.

I certainly won't mind if you don't alter your ruling, as it benefits us. :p I merely want to be clear on what the rules suggest.

Remove ads