Burning Heretics OOC

Jack of Tales

First Post
Oh cool..well Hah now you're screwed ^.~

Okay, I'm heading to England today until Saturday (22nd) do not know if I will have access to a computer although I am sure I can find an internet cafe on the 19th (in London) at the least.

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Dumb A$$ alert:

Me being the dumb A$$, i looked at the itinery wrong (cross eyed i think) and have recently discovered that i will be un available from 21 march to 30 march...not 28 to 30 like i posted earlier...so sorry

S.D.

ps; good thing i looked!

Jack of Tales

First Post
Hello, I am back. Unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to keep these two games up. I am not available to play long enough and will be leaving in another two days for a month. I doubt I'll have internet since I'll be traveling computer-less through Paris, Madrid and Brussels. It's not quite fair to keep you waiting for a month period with only maybe once a week postings. I had hoped to finish this game before 4E came out but the opportunity to travel for such cheap prices (less then 1k$ USD). Once 4E comes around and about a month and a half from now I'll be running another game (and a wallet empty from travel T_T). I am sincerely sorry for this and hope that none of you hold it against me!

8Sigh* Now to go and do a similiar message at all the games I have to cancel playing in.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
well now, suprises:
i see J of t i taking advantage of the good prices and traveling and canceling the game. total bummer!

enjoy Jack!

Last edited:

Bihlbo

Explorer
Jake of Tales, I really wish you were continuing this game, because it's been quite fun, but I understand your desire to travel and see some of the most beautiful cities in the world at the beginning of Spring. Don't forget to see some countryside too, Spring is always the best time to travel.

About charge attacks
On the last pages some questions were raised about Smoothy's charge. A charge is not a special attack that by itself provokes an AoO - in this regard it's the same as moving to a creature and attacking. However if you move out of a threatened square, which a creature without reach is required to do in order to attack something with more than 5' reach, then you provoke an AoO.

Readying against a charge is simply a ready action, and has nothing to do with the attack provoking or not provoking an AoO. To ready is a standard action, and usually this is worded thus, "I'm going to ready to attack that creature when it gets close enough." With weapons like a spear that get a bonus to be set against a charge, "when it gets close enough" is usually all that's required to trigger the attack, and so you'd get the bonus against someone charging even if you didn't say, "I attack if they charge." Readying changes your initiative.

Remove ads