C 12 (+1)
I 13 (+1)
W 12 (+1)
C 16 (+3)

Feats:
1st level std.: Exotic Wpn. Prof. - Bastard Sword
1st level human bonus: Dodge
1st level fighter bonus: Weapon Focus - Bastard Sword
3rd level std.: Persausive (+2 to intimidate and bluff)

Skills:
Intimidate (4 ranks) 4+3+2(feat)= +9
Ride (4 ranks) 4+1= +5
Climb (4 ranks) 4+3= +7
Bluff (4 ranks) 4+3+2(feat)= +9
Concentration (2 ranks) 2+1= +3
Spellcraft (1 rank) 1+1= +2
Knowledge (Arcana) (3 ranks) 3+1= +4
Knowledge (Local) (2 ranks) 2+1= +3
Perform (Lute) (2 ranks) 2+3= +5
Perform (Flute) (1 rank) 1+3= +4
Perform (Drum) (1 rank) 1+3= +4

Bard Abilities: Bardic Music, Bardic Knowledge, Countersong, Fascinate, Inspire Courage +1

Bard Spells Known: [can cast 3 zero level, 1 first level each day as a 2nd level Bard]
Zero Level: Daze, Detect Magic, Flare, Read Magic, Summon Instrument
First Level: Cure Light Wounds, Sleep

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
I've always liked mixing a fighter w/bard Leif. Look forward to it. So it looks like we've got a rogue/fighter, a bard/fighter, a wizard. Possibly a Paladin and Crusader.

Leif

Adventurer
Happy to Be Here!

Truth be told, I haven't played a bard before with 3.5 rules. The last bard I played was back in the old 1ed., AD&D days, where bards were triple-class characters --Fighter/Thief/Bard. I'm looking forward to playing Garwood! Arcane Cure spells are so cool!

Jack of Tales

First Post
Okay I'm going on a short vacation this weekend so I won't be back until Sunday night (Which is Sunday afternoon for any Americans). I suppose I should note that I'm between 5-8 hours ahead of America depending on your state so my posting may be at strange times for you. (Like now..it's 3 am east coast, 8 here.) I updated the Wiki to include a section on Religion. The differences between dieties and gods are important, since no one really says they worship a Diety anymore. Its practically a sin to say as much. (Not that anyone would know what diety is but the gods..) I'll add more information later.

Leif, you've been included into the Wiki. Anyone else that wants to make an account so they can update or add their characters--Feel free. I will accept you all come sunday. After thinking it over I think I will also put the Pc's up in a RG thread. Don't forget all those juicy background bits and character appearances.

covaithe

Explorer
I'm interested, if there's still room. I've been thinking I want to play a divine caster, probably a favored soul but I'm willing to be talked into cleric if it fits the game better. Off to read the wiki now; more detailed concept later.

covaithe

Explorer
Here's a partially finished favored soul. Haven't bought any equipment, since I have to run out the door for the moment; I'll update that tomorrow.

Disclaimer: I'm not the most experienced D&D player ever, and I'm sure I've missed a trick or two, particularly as regards non-SRD content. Suggestions are always welcome.

[sblock=crunch]
Code:
[B]Name:[/B] Geraint Beldarane
[B]Class:[/B] Favored Soul 3
[B]XP:[/B] 3000
[B]Race:[/B] Human
[B]Size:[/B] Medium
[B]Gender:[/B] Male
[B]Alignment:[/B] NG
[B]Deity:[/B] Piello, god of Dreams (N)

[B]Str:[/B] 16 +3 (10p.)     [B]Level:[/B] 3        
[B]Dex:[/B] 12 +1 ( 4p.)     [B]BAB:[/B] +2
[B]Con:[/B] 14 +2 ( 6p.)     [B]Grapple:[/B] +5
[B]Int:[/B] 10  0 ( 2p.)     [B]Speed:[/B] 30'
[B]Wis:[/B] 16 +3 (10p.)     [B]Init:[/B] +1
[B]Cha:[/B] 14 +2 ( 6p.)     

[B]HP:[/B] 24 (3d8 +6 con )
[B]ACP:[/B]  0
[B]Spell Save:[/B] +3

[B]Base  Armor Shld   Dex  Size   Nat  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Armor:[/B]              10    +0    +0    +1    +0    +0    +0    11
[B]Touch:[/B] 11              [B]Flatfooted:[/B] 10

[B]Base   Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Fort:[/B]                      3    +2          +5
[B]Ref:[/B]                       3    +1          +4
[B]Will:[/B]                      3    +3          +6

[B]Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical[/B]
Longspear (reach weapon)   +6        1d8+4         x3
Heavy mace                      +5        1d8+3         x2

[B]Languages:[/B] Common

[B]Feats:[/B] 
  Weapon focus (longspear)  (Favored Soul 3)
  Combat casting            (clvl 1)
  Heavy armor proficiency   (human bonus feat)

[B]Skill Points:[/B] 12 + 3 + 3 = 18
[B]Max Ranks:[/B] 6/3
[B]Skills                   Ranks  Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
Concentration              6    +2          +8
Knowledge (religion)       5    +0          +5
Diplomacy                  3    +2          +5
Sense Motive               3    +3          +6
Spellcraft                 1    +0          +10

[B]Equipment:               Cost  Weight[/B]
tbd

[B]Total Weight:[/B] 0 lb      [B]Money:[/B] 5000g

[B]Lgt   Med   Hvy  Lift  Push[/B]
[B]Max Weight:[/B]                76    153   230   460  1120

[B]Spells known[/B]: 5/4  
  0:  Detect magic, Light, Mending, Read Magic, Guidance
  1:  Cure Light Wounds, Shield of Faith, Divine Favor, Prot from Evil

[B]Spells per day:[/B]  7/6  [B]Save DC: 3 + spell level[/B] 

[B]Age:[/B] 28
[B]Height:[/B] 6'2"
[B]Weight:[/B] 190lb
[B]Eyes:[/B] dark brown, black in most light
[B]Hair:[/B] brown, short, curly
[B]Skin:[/B] swarthy
[/sblock]

[sblock=Description and background]
Appearance:
Geraint is a powerfully built man, with strong features and a confident presence. He wears heavy armor with an artfully enameled closed eye within a star upon the breast.

Background: Now that the gods walk the earth and rule directly, their servants tend to play a direct role in public life, carrying worldly authority as well as spiritual. But the gods do not always explain their purposes to mortals, and some gods are more aloof and mysterious than others. Piello, the Lord of Dreams, is among the most inscrutable, and thus when people identify Geraint as a servant of the Dreamlord, he is at once reviled and flattered, feared and respected, since no one, perhaps not even the gods themselves, know what ends he seeks. Geraint is practiced at deflecting their inquiries, subtle and otherwise, with a knowing smile and a cryptic word. The truth is that he himself does not know what purpose Piello has in mind for him, only that there is a purpose, and that when the time comes he intends to be ready.

Geraint is the son of a blacksmith in a mid-sized city near the coast to the north of Keldon. Feeling a connection with the divine from an early age, he trained in basic weaponry and armor with several companies of temple guards for various gods, before the senior clerics realized which god it was who took an interest in him. At that point he was asked, politely but firmly, to seek his fortunes elsewhere. Since then he has travelled as the wind took him, taking odd jobs and picking up the occasional bit of treasure, until one day he found himself in Redtol reading a leaflet looking for adventurers to join a new guild.
[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
Not as Happy as I First Thought....

:(

Of all the TERRIBLE timing! I had to pick today to get sick. So I probably won't be posting much, if at all, for the next several days. Yeah, I know, that's not what I siged on for, and it truly bites for the rest of you guys. I wouldn't blame you one little bit if you wanted to recruit someone to replace me now. But they way I feel today, I'm just not going to be able to write a decent post to save my life! And the really cruel thing is that, as my most recent game, even if I do manage to post once or twice, it probably won't be in this thread. Gosh! Cold, ain't I? :\ I throw myself upon the mercy of the DM. And I promise that it won't hurt my feelings if you give me the axe. (Hey, it's what I'd do in your shoes.)

Remove ads