Burning Heretics OOC

Jack of Tales

First Post
Off the top of my head before I check some stuff in books, I see that you listed your weapon as a Quarterstaff but make mention to having a sword in your history and a "Knee falchion" so..I'm really confused as to what all that is unless of course you intended the staff to be a falchion and the falchion to be a +1 Keen falchion. In which case you would have priced the weapon incorrectly. I believe it's 2k for a +1 weapon and an additional 2k for the keen and then the 300+weapon cost for a masterwork weapon.

And for spelling mistakes, if you have a big problem with it, type your post in a program like MS word or Open Office to take care of that problem. I really dislike misspelling but understand that not only do mistakes happen quite easily but that some people have more difficulty with it then others. Thus why technology rocks, eh?

I'll edit this post later when I have some time to go through your sheet in more depth.
Edit 1: [sblock]You cannot take weapon focus in spells. You can take it for 'Weaponlike spells' as per Complete Arcane thus you could have: Weapon Focus (Eldritch Blast) (I think this is what you intended anyway)[/sblock]

Edit 2: [sblock] Languages: Please see the wiki link in the first page for information on languages in my game. Also, please include Eldritch Blast under Weapons as an attack so I can easily see your bonus to hit, range, etc. Could you also provide a short description of what your invocations do? Thanks.[/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
From SRD

Keen
This ability doubles the threat range of a weapon. Only piercing or slashing weapons can be keen. (If you roll this property randomly for an inappropriate weapon, reroll.) This benefit doesn’t stack with any other effect that expands the threat range of a weapon (such as the keen edge spell or the Improved Critical feat).

Moderate transmutation; CL 10th; Craft Magic Arms and Armor, keen edge; Price +1 bonus.

Therefore a +1 Keen weapon costs 8k + MW + base, thought I'd save you the trouble Jack.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Jack of Tales said:
Off the top of my head before I check some stuff in books, I see that you listed your weapon as a Quarterstaff but make mention to having a sword in your history and a "Knee falchion" so..I'm really confused as to what all that is unless of course you intended the staff to be a falchion and the falchion to be a +1 Keen falchion. In which case you would have priced the weapon incorrectly. I believe it's 2k for a +1 weapon and an additional 2k for the keen and then the 300+weapon cost for a masterwork weapon.

And for spelling mistakes, if you have a big problem with it, type your post in a program like MS word or Open Office to take care of that problem. I really dislike misspelling but understand that not only do mistakes happen quite easily but that some people have more difficulty with it then others. Thus why technology rocks, eh?

I'll edit this post later when I have some time to go through your sheet in more depth.
Edit 1: [sblock]You cannot take weapon focus in spells. You can take it for 'Weaponlike spells' as per Complete Arcane thus you could have: Weapon Focus (Eldritch Blast) (I think this is what you intended anyway)[/sblock]

Edit 2: [sblock] Languages: Please see the wiki link in the first page for information on languages in my game. Also, please include Eldritch Blast under Weapons as an attack so I can easily see your bonus to hit, range, etc. Could you also provide a short description of what your invocations do? Thanks.[/sblock]

On the quarterstaff subject: I forgot to delete it and place the keen falichon in its place. And if its a MW falichon I get the plus 1 to attack I think, but not to damage, so its just a Knee falichon. About the +3 on damage, I thought that two handed weapons add 1.5xSTR bonus to damage, correct me if I'm wrong.

About spelling: I'm not a native English speaker, I have a "spelling corrector" if thats the term, but it seems not to be working fine. I thought all spelling was right. My mistake, I should pay more attention.

About th weapon focus: thats exactly what I intended to do, but get messed up in the translations, I gt the Spanish versions of the books you see, some words have no literal translation.

Misc: corrected.

Voda Vosa

First Post
On the quarterstaff subject: I forgot to delete it and place the keen falichon in its place. And if its a MW falichon I get the plus 1 to attack I think, but not to damage, so its just a Knee falichon. About the +3 on damage, I thought that two handed weapons add 1.5xSTR bonus to damage, correct me if I'm wrong.

About spelling: I'm not a native English speaker, I have a "spelling corrector" if thats the term, but it seems not to be working fine. I thought all spelling was right. My mistake, I should pay more attention.

About th weapon focus: thats exactly what I intended to do, but get messed up in the translations, I gt the Spanish versions of the books you see, some words have no literal translation.

Misc: corrected.

Jack of Tales

First Post
If you're not sure on the translation feel free to put it up in spanish. I can help you convert it ^^

Don't worry about spelling if your not a native speaker, fine by me. De donde eres en Espana?

--You do add 1.5x str on 2-handed weapons.
--All magical items -must- be of MW quality. In addition to this you must have at least a +1 magical bonus (2k) before applying any additional bonuses. Renau1g posted up the costing of a Keen falchion from the SRD. I did not give enough for you to afford one so you may just want to get a +1 falchion.

However I think you should either 1) try for a different weapon or avoid buying magical weapons at all. Your Eldritch blast scales very very nicely and can easily surpass any magical item. Since you can use it as a weapon I would say focus on that and use your cash for other boosts such as armor and various items.

G

Guest 11456

Here is my first cut at my Ahl’Artathi Paladin character. I still need to work on background and complete equipment:

[sblock]Name: Felidae
Race: Ahl’Artathi
Class: Paladin
Level: 3

Height: 5'-0"
Weight: 100#

Abilities:
STR 10 (+0) [4 points]
DEX 16 (+3) [10 points]
CON 10 (+0) [4 points, -2 race]
INT 8 (-1) [0 points]
WIS 14 (+2) [6 points]
CHA 20 (+5) [16 points, +2 race]

Racial Ability: Low-Light Vision, Natural Attack 2-Claws 1d6 each.

Class Abilities: Aura of Good, Detect Evil, Smite Evil 1/Day, Divine Grace, Lay On Hands 15, Aura Of Courage, Divine Health.

Hit Dice: 3d10
HP: 25
AC: 16/17/18* (10 base, +3 Dex, +3 Armor, [+1/+2 shield])
Armor Check Penalty: +0
Init: +3
Speed: 30 ft.
* Normal: 16, Two Weapons: 17, Two Weapons & Fighting Defensively: 18

Saves:
Fort +8 (+3 base, +0 Con, +5 Divine Grace)
Ref +9 (+1 base, +3 Dex, +5 Divine Grace)
Will +8 (+1 base, +2 Wis, +5 Divine Grace)

BAB: +3
MAB: +3
RAB: +6

Weapons:
+1 Scimitar (+4, 1-H, 1d6+1, 18-20/x2, S)
+1 Kukri (+4, Light, 1d4+1, 18-20/2x, S)
Claw (+3, Light, 1d6, 2x, S)

Feats:
Two-Weapon Fighting (1st level)
Two-Weapon Defense (3rd level)

Languages: Common & Mrur

Skills:
Balance +9 (0 ranks, +3 Dex, +6 race)
Diplomacy +11 (6 ranks, +5 Cha)
Hide +5/+9* (0 ranks, +3 Dex, +2/+6* race)
Move Silently +5/+9* (0 ranks, +3 Dex, +2/+6* race)
* In areas of tall grass or heavy undergrowth

EQUIPMENT:
Traveler's Outfit (worn)
MW Studded Leather Armor (175gp, 20#, worn)
+1 Scimitar (2315gp, 4#, belt)
+1 Kukri (2308gp, 2#, belt)
Treasure (202gp)
Total (5000gp, 26#)

Current Load: 26# (light load: 33#)[/sblock]

Jack of Tales

First Post
Recruiting Cap

reau1g, as a fellow new gamer to these threads I must say..you make me laugh--alot.

Bihlbo--Might want to hurry on that, or at least post the background/appearance up. We have a cleric,fighter/rogue and a wizard. And so far a cat-humanoid paladin with no background, a human warlock(Who are always good for ranged support) and rogue/sorcerer (whose background uses some elements of my campaign setting, making me like him.)vying for places. I am capping the group at 5 so most likely I will pick who fills those last two slots based on 2 criteria: 1) preferences of the other players for class. (i.e. healer, tank, mage, etc) and 2) who makes the most interesting character.

Seeing so much interest in this game makes me very sad to turn anyone down. As such, I am considering starting up a second game. It would have the same basis: Group of individuals in adventurer's guild on first mission together. You'd even be from the same guild so you would all know one another.

However, I am not quite sure if I have time to run two games. I like to make maps for the games and that takes time, mind you not alot of time, but time none the less.

Also, on a third note: I could make this mission hard enough for you to need 8 players. This is up to Renau1g, morthiel and covaithe since they are currently the only three players I have completely approved.

Bihlbo

Explorer
Lanuth "Smoothy" Smoothedcrest Gelem-Puvitho

[sblock=Character Background]
Lanuth is of the Gelem-Puvitho family (since the goliaths have no written form of their language, sometimes this is spelled Gelempuvitho or Gelimpovitho) of the Oor peaks that his people have always called The Egithona. His honorific "Smoothedcrest" was given after surviving being captured by ogres. The ogres dragged him for several miles and the damage to his face and head sheared off much of the lithoderms there. Humans usually shorten this to Smoothy, but among his people only his older family members still call him Lanuth, so common is the use of Smoothedcrest.

Growing up in the mountains of Oor, it was not long before he had to choose between staying with his people or becoming a "nomad," as they called the outsiders who visited the goliaths hoping to coax some into joining their military ranks. Were it not for his love of creating things, he would have stayed. But among his people the forging of weapons and armor was seen as pointless folly, as the dwarves nearby were already so engaged in the practice.

He trained in the Granite Citadel where he met an adherant of Autur and discovered the importance of the gods and what it means to be a follower of something greater than yourself. His newfound zeal channeled his training into a focused path that lead him to become a crusader with a burning purpose to protect the just and righteous from corrupting forces.

Back on Oor, Smoothedcrest joined up with the Stone Bulls in an effort to gain a military alliance with a worthy organization. However, since moving to Keldon he has attempted to instead join the ranks of the Shields of Autur. He has arrived at significant opposition, in part due to his thick accent (some seem to not understand him at all, though if this is due to a conscious choice on their part or not, it is unclear), though certainly his former affiliation with the Stone Bulls has not helped his case. He has heard a rumor, albeit from an unreliable source, that some think he is actually Pommik the Red-Handed (or Pommik the Fell, or Fell-Hand Pommik, depending on which religious group you talk to), a war criminal, in exile. Though Smoothy's age makes him far too young to be possibly confused with Fell-Hand, he's the only goliath they know of, and Smoothy's the only goliath most here have ever seen.

[/sblock]

[sblock=Character Stats]
NG Male goliath crusader 3; follower of Autur
Init +0
AC 22 (+9 armor, +1 natural, +2 shield), touch 10, flat-footed 22
hp 36
Fort +7, Ref +1, Will +4; (base 3/1/1)
Speed 20 ft.
Base Atk +3; Grp +12
Melee +10 large magic longsword (2d6+6, 19/x2)
Ability Scores
STR 20
DEX 10
CON 18
INT 10
WIS 10
CHA 16
Feats Weapon Focus (longsword),
Heavy Lithoderms (RS 141): Natural armor increases by 1
Skills Balance +0 (-7 ACP), Climb +3 (-4 ACP), Craft (blacksmithing) +6, Diplomacy +9, Escape Artist +0 (-7 ACP), Hide +0 (-7 ACP), Intimidate +9, Jump +11 (-2 ACP), Move Silently +0 (-7 ACP), Sense Motive +2, Swim +5 (-9 ACP)
Languages Gorosh (mountain dwarves), Keldonian, Oorish, and the native language of his people, Gol-Kaa

Maneuvers (Devo = Devoted Spirit, Stone = Stone Dragon, White = White Raven)
1 stance is always active, all are available at all times.
5 strikes are prepared and become available thus: 2 in first round, 1 each round afterward. They are available at random.

Currently prepared maneuvers: Crusader's Strike, Charging Minotaur, Stone Bones, Stone Vise, Leading the Attack.

Stances
Iron Guard's Glare (L1, p59, Devo): Enemies take -4 penalty on attacks against your allies.
Stonefoot Stance (L1, p85, Stone): +2 bonus on Strength checks and +2 bonus to AC against larger foes.

Strikes
Crusader's Strike (L1, p58, Devo): Successfull attack allows you to heal 1d6 + 1/IL.
Vanguard Strike (L1, p62, Devo): Allies gain +4 bonus on attacks against target.
Charging Minotaur (L1, p81, Stone): Charging bull rush deals damage, ignores attacks of opportunity.
Stone Bones (L1, p84, Stone): Gain DR 5/adamantine for 1 round.
Stone Vise (L2, p85, Stone): Deal +1d6 damage, attack immobilizes creature.
Leading the Attack (L1, p91, White): Allies gain +4 bonus on attacks against target.

Class Features
Furious Counterstrike (Ex): Attack bonus equal to damage pool divided by 5, rounded down (min +1, max +6 atk bonus) - Damage pool must have at least 1 point in it.
Steely Resolve (Ex): First 5 damage each encounter goes to damage pool. At the end of your next turn the damage in pool is dealt as normal, and the pool is reset to zero. All other attack effects are resolved normally.
Indomitable Soul (Ex): Add Cha bonus to Will saves.
Zealous Surge (Ex): May reroll a single saving throw once per day - declare the reroll before determining failure or success.

Racial Features
Darkvision 60 ft.
Powerful Build: You function in many ways as if you were one size category larger if it is advantageous to you. The benefits stack with the effects of powers, abilities, and spells that change your size category.
Mountain Movement: You may make standing long jumps and high jumps as if you were running. You can engage in accelerated climbing without taking the -5 penalty on the Climb check.
Acclimated: You are automatically aclimated to life at high altitude.

Equipment

Heavy steel shield (armor bonus +2), weight 15, ACP -2, SF 15%
+1 full plate (armor bonus +9), weight 50, max Dex +1, ACP -5, SF 35%, speed 20
+1 large longsword (2d6, 19/x2), weight 8, slashing

Backpack (empty) 2 gp 2 lb.
Bedroll 1 sp 5 lb.
Flint and steel 1 gp —
Rations, trail (per day) 5 sp 1 lb. x2
Sack (empty) 1 sp 1/2 lb. x2
Waterskin 1 gp 4 lb. x2

[/sblock]

[sblock=Appearance]

Lanuth stands 7 foot 2 inches tall and weighs a full 486 lbs. His skin is a very dark gray with markings that appear paler and somewhat purplish. (In fact, since goliath markings are always darker than their natural skin, he is actually covered in markings so thick that his natural skin is only apparent in a few places that look to be markings themselves.) He has thick lithoderns over much of his body, save his head and parts of his face which are smooth. His forarms are unusually hairy compared to males from most races.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads