• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Burning THAC0] B2: The Keep on the Borderlands (ooc/setup)

Mathalus

First Post
I don't think you can Help using a skill you don't have. Maybe Constance will lend a hand then. Actually her Persuasion is better. Maybe she'd like to broach this delicate subject, and Ferrantos can help.

engrishonly

First Post
I will try to keep Vellekhyr occupied while in his prison cell... but he might get a penalty or something the next day due to a headache from the crazy guy, or something...

In that case I'll keep waiting for that drink and let the pretty ones do the talking.

Now that sounds like a challenge to the GM!

Actually, the path to Gloi needs to be started at some point. I'll think on it, but you also have to make it work.

Oh... I also have to get Vanity to spill a drink on Constance...

I will try to keep Vellekhyr occupied while in his prison cell... but he might get a penalty or something the next day due to a headache from the crazy guy, or something...

Now that sounds like a challenge to the GM!

Actually, the path to Gloi needs to be started at some point. I'll think on it, but you also have to make it work.

Oh... I also have to get Vanity to spill a drink on Constance...

I have an idea.

Mathalus

First Post
What kind of roll is appropriate to talk to the captain? Doesn't he want us to come along? Is it just to determine what we can get out of it?

If we have to haggle, I'd love to go to a full on Duel of Wits. My will would be more helpful there. But, if the obstacle isn't too high and you don't want to take the time to DOW, I don't mind rolling my cruddy Persuasion by itself. Would Auromos Help?

Also would Constance like to Help negotiate terms. Or even take the lead?

All I'm asking for with the bandit job, is a long term loan of plate leather, crossbows, and travelling gear for anyone who needs them, a share of the spoils, or a cash die per person if the spoils end up being nothing. That doesn't seem like much to me. What you think? If the Ob is low, you can roll for me to speed things up.

It seems like if we could get that stuff together we'd be a lot better equipped to head into the caves.

I'd also like to see if Auromos will help me free Vellekhyr, if not right now, at least in the morning.

Duel of Wits would be more appropriate if you wanted to convince the Captain or your brother that the Chevaliers should aid us in exploring the Caves, something they clearly don't want to do.

I think it all comes down to what your Task and Intent are. If they directly conflict with the captain's then you could do Duel of Wits.

Mathalus

First Post
That's probably true.

Is everyone interested in messing up some bandits before we head to the caves? We probably need to equip a bit before we go running into a humanoid infested area. Speak up.

Oh, I forget, do we start with any artha?

Last edited:

Mathalus

First Post
Do you want them to join us in the caves? That might work. It would be nice to have them around to soak up damage. We could suggest it afterwards, but I don't want to get too set on it.

It's true that the five of us would likely get crushed in those caves. Aurvang and Avros could probably hang, but we need to get our act together. Some bandits might just do the trick.

I'm waiting on either Constance to narrate her way into talking to the Captain with me, or Engrishonly to narrate that we are talking to him right now.

engrishonly

First Post
Alright, most of you can talk to the Captain while Vellekhyr sits in his cell & Aurvang is drunking...

I'll post that next in the IC thread.

Remove ads