• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[C&C] Why the edition wars?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't be so dramatic. Killed your father? More likely it ran over your dog with a pick-up truck and then your wife left you for it.

And now all you're left with is your beer and your C&W, but is that really C&C's fault?

Breakdaddy

First Post
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
C&C killed my father and stole my dog.

I told C&C to never do that again. I'm very surprised at its insistence to continue upon this destructive course. Rest assured, it *WILL* be reprimanded, severely.

Anabstercorian

First Post
Mythmere1 said:
Without addressing "lame," "unfair," "god-awful," etc., I'm curious as to whether you've read the C&C rules to form these strongly voiced opinions or whether they're based on something else. Your post is a fairly good example of what I'm talking about, and I don't think you've read the rules because although your point (e) is valid, it's not the CKG but M&T that's needed. That error indicates that you haven't read the book and that you're doing exactly what I'm talking about...

I've read the C&C rules, and ran the Tomb of Horrors with them, and I agree entirely with MoogleEmpMog. The game is full of holes, dramatically so. I will proceed to attack it like a rabid dog, chapter by chapter. In a few minutes. I have some homework I need to get done or I die.

Cam Banks

Adventurer
I own the book. I've read it. I haven't played it. I like the art.

That's my capsule review.

Cheers,
Cam
PS: I think Blue Rose is really more of what I would like to see in terms of rules-light d20 games. I can do what C&C does with the OD&D and AD&D books I already own, though perhaps that's the point.

Cam Banks

Adventurer
Anabstercorian said:
I've read the C&C rules, and ran the Tomb of Horrors with them, and I agree entirely with MoogleEmpMog. The game is full of holes, dramatically so. I will proceed to attack it like a rabid dog, chapter by chapter. In a few minutes. I have some homework I need to get done or I die.

If you hold back, even just a little, we will smell it on you, and respond. So don't hold back.

Cheers,
Cam

Breakdaddy

First Post
Anabstercorian said:

No!!!! Let your homework fester and DIE!!!111 You must come back and feed us copious amounts of mean spirited banter (extra bile, plz).

Krieg

First Post
Joshua Dyal said:
Almost every C&C thread posted so far has devolved into an edition war, as C&C players dive in to say how much they have hated playing 3.x and how wonderful C&C is. It's a little irritating, since it becomes almost impossible for the rational C&C players to discuss the game or even describe it to the curious.

Unfortunately this is spot on.

A few C&C supporters in a relatively short period of time have quickly begun to take on the roll of prosyletizing zealots rather than as mere fans of a game.

Some serious introspection is in order as so far I'd say it isn't the 3.x fans who are the overly sensitive ones.

Last edited:

Breakdaddy

First Post
Krieg said:
Some serious introspection is in order as so far I'd say it isn't the 3.x fans who are the overly sensitive ones.

Nicely played insult. Asserting that the fans are zealots and suggesting that they examine their beliefs is always a very persuasive argument (I particularly applaud your use of nice buzzwords like "prosyletizing". It always makes people feel good when they are talked down to by their peers!). I like C&C. I like 3.5e. A lot. Once again: BOTH systems are nice in their own way. Now, Im not saying that beginning this thread with such a potentially adversarial query was particularly wise, but I dont think mythmere meant it as a dig on the fans of 3.x, but as an honest means to assess his perceptions. But honestly, some people are doing EXACTLY what mythmere meant. So then, the question is aimed at YOU. Answer it and you might help the situation.

Krieg said:
Unfortunately this is spot on.

The C&C supporters in a relatively short period of time have quickly begun to take on the roll of prosyletizing zealots rather than as mere fans of a game.

I say we just give them time like we did with the AU fans. Eventually, they shall be forced to learn that they are not important at all. Just like us SWd20 fans.

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads