Candlekeep Mysteries (OOC Chat)

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Okay, there we have it. Thanks for playing everyone!

In particular, thanks for your patience at the end there. I didn't want to just finish the fight and say it's over, but I didn't want to force you all to keep going just for some wrap-up RP. Feel free (on a voluntary basis, of course) to post the last thoughts of your character on the whole thing, if you like!

I may want to do a sequel some day, and I'll invite you all to play when the time comes. In the meantime, I've got to get some of my other games rolling along toward their end. I should never have launched so many of them, but I am quite happy to have done this one.

In retrospect, it wasn't a great adventure (I hear it was terribly butchered in editing for space). It really wasn't supposed to be long at all, either. In fact, think it could be run in a single four-hour session! (I added a whole lot at the beginning when I was enjoying the journey that have nothing to do with the adventure itself, which I enjoyed more than the actual adventure, but may have caused things to go on too long).

Anyway, again, thanks for joining me through it. Feel free to give me any feedback you like! I can take it.
Thanks a lot Fitz, I really enjoyed this game.
Cheers!

SG

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Yes, this was fun. I really enjoyed playing Crock Jon, my weaponless fighter. he had a run of bad luck against the Meenlocks, but he did have one spectacular moment grappling the Bullette.

I was wondering what he could do to improve himself against those fear effects in the future: at level 6 he could take a feat and gain proficiency in WIS saves. That's the best I can think of (anyone have other ideas?).

Anyways -- good fun as always.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Yes, this was fun. I really enjoyed playing Crock Jon, my weaponless fighter. he had a run of bad luck against the Meenlocks, but he did have one spectacular moment grappling the Bullette.

I was wondering what he could do to improve himself against those fear effects in the future: at level 6 he could take a feat and gain proficiency in WIS saves. That's the best I can think of (anyone have other ideas?).

Anyways -- good fun as always.
Proficiency in wis saves, Lucky feat, WIS ASI, protection from evil item for partial immunity, heroism spell, calm emotions spell, gain advantage on the save somehow...
Items:
  • Ring of Protection (rare item) gives +1 to AC and saving throws
  • Lucktone (uncommon item) gives +1 to ability checks and saving throws
  • Ioun Stone of Insight (very rare item) gives you +2 to your Wisdom

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Thanks!
Proficiency in wis saves,
Yes.
Lucky feat,
Good call
Less effective than proficiency
protection from evil item for partial immunity, heroism spell, calm emotions spell, gain advantage on the save somehow...
Yup, but these aren't things he can do.
Items:
  • Ring of Protection (rare item) gives +1 to AC and saving throws
  • Lucktone (uncommon item) gives +1 to ability checks and saving throws
  • Ioun Stone of Insight (very rare item) gives you +2 to your Wisdom
The luckstone is very powerful, agreed.

(I also see that i the latest playtest the extra feat comes at level 5).

Thanks! you've confirmed my choice, unless he becomes Lucky.

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
There is a slightly Janky way to get around fear: Blindfighting. If you can't see the target of your fear, you don't suffer from the downsides of fear, well except for the part where you can't get closer to them.

Remove ads