Candlekeep Mysteries (OOC Chat)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Hey Folks, I just wanted to justify Gimlak's last comments. The way I see it, because of what the Storm Giant prince told the party (i.e. that he'll have to get involved if he can see we are attacking), I figured it would be the same for the stone giant. This is why I had Gimlack say what he said. I'll go along with the general consensus, but I didn't want a hill giant to show up, and then have to fight our temporary albeit forced stone giant ally because he would feel the need to ally with giants.
I may also be reaching unfounded conclusions. We'll see ;-)
Cheers,

SG
This is a great comment... but posted in the wrong game! Most the players won't know what you mean!

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Okay, there we have it. Thanks for playing everyone!

In particular, thanks for your patience at the end there. I didn't want to just finish the fight and say it's over, but I didn't want to force you all to keep going just for some wrap-up RP. Feel free (on a voluntary basis, of course) to post the last thoughts of your character on the whole thing, if you like!

I may want to do a sequel some day, and I'll invite you all to play when the time comes. In the meantime, I've got to get some of my other games rolling along toward their end. I should never have launched so many of them, but I am quite happy to have done this one.

In retrospect, it wasn't a great adventure (I hear it was terribly butchered in editing for space). It really wasn't supposed to be long at all, either. In fact, think it could be run in a single four-hour session! (I added a whole lot at the beginning when I was enjoying the journey that have nothing to do with the adventure itself, which I enjoyed more than the actual adventure, but may have caused things to go on too long).

Anyway, again, thanks for joining me through it. Feel free to give me any feedback you like! I can take it.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Thank you for having me along. I know Crock Jon was a late additon, but I enjoyed playing him a great deal. See you all around, friends.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Thank you for having me along. I know Crock Jon was a late additon, but I enjoyed playing him a great deal. See you all around, friends.
He wasn't all that late, really. I mean, all we really did was roleplay in Candlekeep and do, I think, ONE combat before he joined? I wasn't sure, so I didn't mention it: Do you think he returned "home" to his shop, or did he ride all the way to Baldur's Gate to see his new friends again?

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
He saw himself only as a hireling. He's with his Uncle, I figure, trying to take any jobs that will pay. As long as he got his gold piece a day, or whatever had been agreed, he'll think he had done his duty. :D

FitzTheRuke

Legend
He saw himself only as a hireling. He's with his Uncle, I figure, trying to take any jobs that will pay. As long as he got his gold piece a day, or whatever had been agreed, he'll think he had done his duty. :D

Yeah, I think that's entirely up to Hawthorne. He can tip any of you that he likes, but it's absolutely not required for him to split the treasure evenly. The most "fair" thing is actually to think of the whole thing in 20x200gp "shares". Broun might only get one share, for having done his job and done it well. Crock Jon might get two for going above-and-beyond in the mine, in spite of only being a hireling. Shedrick might get two as well. Ruznami missed the mine, but had expertise that was useful, so maybe two for him as well. Argenti, Ethian, and Kaliban three each, and four for Hawthorne (it was his deal in the first place).

In "real life" that would be considered extremely generous on Hawthorne's part.

Remove ads