Carrion Crown AP (Savage Stampede) - OOC

rangerjohn

Explorer
In which case, I better put that feat into something besides weapon finesse. I'm not going to be doing any damage if I hit, will have sub-par hps and be wearing leather armor. Melee would be the death of the character.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
@WalkingDad, it's clear to me that we have different (and imo interesting) character design philosophies, and I'm enjoying the back and forth.

[MENTION=2469]rangerjohn[/MENTION] mentioned that he wanted to fill the holes in our group that appear to be missing: a rogue and a cleric.

He wanted as best of both worlds he could - he opted for multi-classing. As an old-school multi-classing fiend, I'm trying to give him most of what he wants without needing to multi-class.

From what I've read, channeling energy isn't a HUGE deal at lower levels, it's a bonus at higher levels, but isn't really that much of a punch (especially if said PC has a low Charisma). Domains, well... those ARE pretty snazzy, which is why I opted to present a rogue-ish cleric which isn't built around the standard cleric armor/weapon profs and standard battle caster schtick.

I only suggested the Bard if [MENTION=2469]rangerjohn[/MENTION] 's heart is leaning more to Rogue than Cleric; he'd still get healing items and such, but the focus would be on his rogue-ness instead of his Clerical spell-might.

To be fair, of most clerics I've played, I have opted for light armor/high Dex builds, too.

rangerjohn

Explorer
WD the mult-talented problem wasn't directed at you. I realize its confusing, I'm arguing two points at the same time. That was directed at Hero, who wants me to play an elf. I was pointing out that would cost more than it would give in this case.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Don't underestimate the healing from the energy channel.
I just re-read the channeling, and WOAH, they made it SO MUCH BETTER than I thought. Even more reason to go Cleric. ;)

I'm posting fast because I'm sitting in a computer lab reading and anticipating posts. I have class in 20 minutes or so though. :D

Talking about character builds with actual players I haven't played with is awesome.

renau1g

First Post
Ok so I'm think Aberrant bloodline for the sorcerer.

Anyone know any feats for sorcerers? I struggle with feat choice for spellcasters in 3.5/PF

Walking Dad

First Post
In which case, I better put that feat into something besides weapon finesse. I'm not going to be doing any damage if I hit, will have sub-par hps and be wearing leather armor. Melee would be the death of the character.
Toughness is a great feat IMHO. Just avoid melee by taking careful 5 ft steps before shooting ;)

Herobizkit

Adventurer
I think you're underestimating your abilities based on a +1 or -1 point adjustement. Leather armor and High Dex isn't "death", nor is missing one HP/level that's a bonus instead of standard (personally, I'd take the +1 skill point, but I'm mad, I tells ya). If your schtick is ranged, you'll be expected to stay ranged. -1 to damage sucks, but isn't the be-and-end all of a character who is forced into melee. Think about those poor wizards... which you're not. :)

Remove ads