• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Carrion Crown AP (Savage Stampede) - OOC

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Elf would be the same skill points as a half-elf that had the second favored class. But -1 hp because of the -2 con. That was my point.

Half Elf 12 con +1 hp level, either +1 skill point= the +2 int from elf or another +1 hp per level.

Elf 10 con, only one favored class which means at best equal skill points to the half elf and -1 hp per level.
Oh no, I've just gone cross-eyed.

Unless I'm looking at the wrong scores, your array went like this:
8, 13, 12, 17, 12, 16

So, if I were making a Priest with a heavy Rogue Background, I might go something like this...
(STR, DEX, CON, INT, WIS, CHA)
8, 17, 13, 12, 16, 12... with racial adjustments, this becomes
8, 19, 11, 14, 16, 12

This would give you:
+4 to hit with ranged, as well as +4 AC (without mage armor lol) and 1 ability point away from +5
no bonus or penalty to HP, but 1 ability point away from +1/level
+2 skills at max (2+2 for Int)
Perception remains cross-class, but high Wis (+3) off-sets that a bit.

Yes, there are trade-offs, but there are ALWAYS trade-offs when you're trying to milk two classes out of one. Unless you're a Bard. ^_^

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Two-weapon Rogue vs Dancing Dervish? Link to RG
@jackslate45:

I'm the first to admit, when it comes to crunching actual numbers with damage and probabilities and such, I'm not the best.

Based on your +4 Dex, though, here's what I see.

TWF: Two attacks a round at +0, doing +2 and +1 damage for your STR. Damage dice based on weapons, but probably 1d6 (scimitar) and 1d6 (short sword) unless you take a different Ancestral Weapon.

DD: One attack a round at +4, doing +4 damage for your DEX. Damage 1d6+4.

Given that you need Weapon Finesse to qualify for Dancing Dervish, you probably won't get it until, what, level 3? I don't know how fast feats are earned in PF.

Aside:

Now, if you end up with Weapon Finesse, TWF becomes more interesting... if you stick with the weapons as listed, you can go two attacks at +2... Rapier (1d6+2, 18-20/x2) and Short Sword (1d6+1, 19-20/x2) if you want to max the crit chance.

Or...

Take Kukri as your Ancestral Weapon. With Weapon Finesse...
Now you're swinging twice a round at +2, Rapier (1d6+2, 18-20/x2) and Kukri (1d4+1, 18-20/x2).
Or paired Kukri. Because they look cool. :)

Last edited:

Herobizkit

Adventurer
[MENTION=54810]renau1g[/MENTION]: You're the Hobbo sorcerer, right?

*peruses stuff about Sorcerers*

I'm in the same boat. Maybe a weapon prof with a reach weapon? We still don't have a 'face' in our motley crew, and you're going to have an 18 Cha... maybe focus on some choice Social skills?

jackslate45

First Post
I can qualify for either dancing dervish or TWF by level 2. As a rogue talent I can get a combat feat, and both TWF/dancing dervish count as them. A separate talent allows me access to weapon finesse. So i could have:

1: TWF
2: Finesse

OR

1: Finesse
2: TWF

OR

1: finesse
2: dancing dervish

Herobizkit

Adventurer
I can qualify for either dancing dervish or TWF by level 2. As a rogue talent I can get a combat feat, and both TWF/dancing dervish count as them. A separate talent allows me access to weapon finesse. So i could have:

1: TWF, 2: Finesse

1: Finesse, 2: TWF

1: finesse, 2: dancing dervish
Given those possibilities, and that I'm a sucker for 'new' stuff, I'd go Dervish. Finesse will allow you to hit with any finesse-able weapon at a +4 (and +2 damage), and when your Dervish kicks in, switch to your scimitar and you win twice (with +4/+4).

Too bad it doesn't apply to the elven curve blade...

Herobizkit

Adventurer
[MENTION=95784]jackslate45[/MENTION]: With no Dervish, the path is clear. Are you going for raw damage or relying on fancy maneuvers?

jackslate45

First Post
I asked that very question to HM, and he okayed it: Link

Catch being, I have to make it awesome looking. So im thinking of inventing my own swordship school for it. As he gets better (rogue talents) he gets better moves etc. etc.

EDIT: granted, he Okayed it back in December, so he could have changed his mind. But last I know I was ok.

Remove ads