• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Carrion Crown AP (Savage Stampede) - OOC

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Toughness is a great feat IMHO. Just avoid melee by taking careful 5 ft steps before shooting ;)
HP's don't matter as much if you're a ranged combatant... and 5-foot steps mean the death of everything. :D I've never seen a more useful combat tactic than ranged weapons and 5-foot steps.

We're also forgetting that HM is going to be rewarding characters with stat increases, and magic items/spells can boost a low-strength character in a pinch. You don't need to be strong all the time, just when it counts! LOL

Also also, crossbows don't depend on strength, nor do Firearms, though the cost far outweighs their utility (Exotic weapon proficiency, thousands of GP, and rarity of gunpowder).

Herobizkit

Adventurer
One I wouldn't take a wizard into melee, but they can have a better ac with mage armor.
And Priests can have a better AC with leather (+2), buckler (+1) and at least a 12 Dex (+1)... and they don't have to cast a spell to do it. Then you can add things like Shield of Faith (+2 AC), Hide from Undead, Sanctuary... and Divine Favor cancels out your strength penalty with +1 to hit and damage. Clerics are awesome, given time to prepare... and as a ranged combatant, you'd have the time.

Am I correct in assuming you generally play warriors? :)

rangerjohn

Explorer
I think you're underestimating your abilities based on a +1 or -1 point adjustement. Leather armor and High Dex isn't "death", nor is missing one HP/level that's a bonus instead of standard (personally, I'd take the +1 skill point, but I'm mad, I tells ya). If your schtick is ranged, you'll be expected to stay ranged. -1 to damage sucks, but isn't the be-and-end all of a character who is forced into melee. Think about those poor wizards... which you're not. :)

Elf would be the same skill points as a half-elf that had the second favored class. But -1 hp because of the -2 con. That was my point.

Half Elf 12 con +1 hp level, either +1 skill point= the +2 int from elf or another +1 hp per level.

Elf 10 con, only one favored class which means at best equal skill points to the half elf and -1 hp per level.

rangerjohn

Explorer
No I generally play clerics. My point was with these ability scores and first level.

Spells are limited resource right now. A mage armor lasting an hour is a lot more efficient than a shield of faith lasting a minute. A cleric usually wears heavier armor, but in this case that would be detrimental, especially with an eight strength.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
For @Orius EDIT: added mention so you don't miss this in the chaos the thread has become.

Please copy and paste the sheet below into your RG spot as this is easier for me to check and I have a lot of checking to do. :confused: (everyone there is a blank sheet in the RG now)

I have filled in some of it as I re-read here in the OOC you are not familiar with PF. Note: You have not yet taken your Favored Class Bonus (+1 HP, +1 Skill Rank, or +1 spell added to Spellbook)

Listed fixes needed in red. Thanks in advance.

[sblock=Dareth Randar]
[sblock=Game Info]
Race: Human
Class: Wizard (necromancer)
Level: 1
Alignment: Neutral
Languages: Common, Draconic, Elven, Gnome, Linguist language needed
Deity: ?? can look here for one and edit it in[/sblock]
[sblock=Abilities]
STR: 12 +1
DEX: 13 +1
CON: 14 +2
INT: 16 +3
WIS: 13 +1
CHA: 12 +1
rolls

missing +2 racial bonus to any one stat[/sblock]
[sblock=Combat]
HP: 08 = [1d6 = 6] + 2 (CON) + 0 (favored class bonus)
AC: 11 = 10 + 1 (DEX),
AC Touch: 11 = 10 + 1 (DEX)
AC Flatfooted: 10 = 10 + 0 (MISC)
INIT: +1 = +1 (DEX)
BAB: +0 = +0 (Wizard)
CMB: +2 = +1 (STR) + 1 (BAB)
CMD: 12 = 10 + 1 (STR) + 1 (DEX) + 0 (BAB)
Fort: +2 = +0 (base) + 2 (CON)
Reflex: +1 = +0 (base) + 1 (DEX)
Will: +3 = +2 (base) + 1 (WIS)
Speed: 30'
ASF: 0%
Damage Reduction: NA
Spell Resistance: NA[/sblock]
[sblock=Weapon Stats]
Quarterstaff: +1 = +0 (BAB) + 1 (STR)/DMG = 1d6+1(B), CRIT:20x2
Quarterstaff(FA): -3/-7 = +0 (BAB) + 1 (STR) - 4/8 (double weapon)/DMG = 1d6+1/1d6+0(B), CRIT:20x2
Dagger(melee): +1 = +0 (BAB) + 1 (STR)/DMG = 1d4+1(P or S), CRIT:19-20x2
Dagger(range): +1 = +0 (BAB) + 1 (DEX)/DMG = 1d4+1(P or S), CRIT:19-20x2, Range: 10'
Lt. Crossbow: +1 = +0 (BAB) + 1 (DEX)/DMG = 1d8(P), CRIT:19-20x2, Range: 80'
[/sblock]
[sblock=Racial Traits]
* +2 to one ability score - list stat chosen here
* Medium - (no bonuses or penalties based on size)
* Normal speed - Base speed is 30 feet
* Bonus feat - +1 feat at 1st lvl
* Skilled - +1 skill rank at 1st level, and +1 skill rank whenever a level is gained
* Languages - Common
* Favored Class - Wizard[/sblock]
[sblock=Class Features]
Arcane Bond: need to chose item or familiar
Arcane School: Necromancy - (Forbidden Schools Enchantment and Illusion)
- Command Undead: 6/day (save DC 11) - channel energy 30' radius
- Grave Touch: 6/day (no save) - Touch attack to make creature touch shaken for 1 round - already shaken creature becomes frightened for 1 round if HD is lower than Wizard lvl.
Cantrips
Bonus Feat: Scribe Scroll
Spells: (INT) arcane - prepared
Spellbook: Start with all cantrips and 3 + INT modifier 1st lvl spells; gain 2 spells per wizard lvl (of any level of spell he can currently cast)[/sblock]
[sblock=Feats & Traits]
- Prof. with club, dagger, heavy crossbow, light crossbow, and quarterstaff
- Scribe Scroll (wizard)
- Command Undead (wizard)
- Spell Focus: Necromancy (human)
- 1st lvl feat needed

Traits:
Classically Schooled - +1 trait bonus to Spellcarft (becomes class skill if not already)
trait from Players Guide needed
[/sblock]
[sblock=Skills]
Skill Ranks: 6 = 2 (Wizard) + 3 (INT) + 1 (human) x 1 + 0 (FC)
Max Ranks: 1 ACP: -3

Skills:
Knowledge(arcana): +7 = 1 (rank) + 3 (class skill) + 3 (INT)
Knowledge(religion): +7 = 1 (rank) + 3 (class skill) + 3 (INT)
Linguistics: +7 = 1 (rank) + 3 (class skill) + 3 (INT)
Perception: +2 = 1 (rank) + 1 (WIS)
Spellcraft: +8 = 1 (rank) + 3 (class skill) + 3 (INT) + 1 (trait)
1 rank left to spend[/sblock]
[sblock=Spells]
Spells Per Day:
Cantrips - Choose 3 (unlimited casting)
1st LvL - 3 = 1 (wizard) + 1 (ability) + 1 (necromancy only)

Spellbook:
Cantrips - All
1st LvL - detect undead, identify, mage armor, magic missile, ray of enfeeblement, summon monster I

Note: Enchantment and Illusion spells take up two slots when prepared.[/sblock]
[sblock=Equipment]
Code:
[U]Item                         Cost  Weight[/U]
Travler's outfit             free    0lb
Quarterstaff                  0gp    4lb                                  
Light crossbow               35gp    4lb
-20 bolts                     2gp    2lb
Dagger                        2gp    1lb
Spellbook                    free    3lb
Spell component pouch         5gp    2lb
Bedroll                       1sp    5lb
rope(50', hemp)               1gp   10lb
10' pole                      5cp    8lb
Ink(1 vial)                   8gp    0lb
Inkpen                        1sp    0lb
Parchment, 5 sheets           1gp    0lb
Waterskin                     1gp    4lb
Rations, trail(5 days)      2.5gp    5lb
Treasure: 12gp, 2sp, 5cp Gems:

Total weight carried: 48lb - medium load
Maximum weight possible:
0-43 (light)
44-86 (medium)
87-130 (heavy)[/sblock]
[sblock=Details]
Size: M
Weight:
Hair Color:
dark
Eye Color: blue
Skin Color: fair
Apperance: Dareth is of average height and build. He has fair skin, dark hair, blue eyes, and wears a short trimmed goatee.
Deamenaor: He is amoral, caring only about gaining magical knowledge, hungering for the power it will give him.[/sblock]
[sblock=Background]Dareth Randar is the son of two wizards. He inherited his parents' gift for magic, but never shared the sense of justice they tried to instill in him while growing up. Upon discovering that their son was studying the arts of necromancy which they abhorred, they disinherited him, and he turned to a life of adventure. [/sblock]
[sblock=Adventure Log] None yet[/sblock]
[sblock=Level Ups] N/A only first level[/sblock] [/sblock]

Still needed is favored class bonus picked and spice item (as well as things listed in red).

That's one character done.

11 to go.

HM

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
hey renau1g (your right about bows) it looks like an Aberrant sorcerer is all about combat maneuvers if you look at the bonus feats they get to chose from.

But you don't start get any of those till 7th lvl. By then you will have most of what you want. Silent spell might be good then.

The Long Limbs ability looks odd. Only usable for melee touch attacks, and you get enlarge person at that lvl too. So you grow gaining 10' reach or 15' with melee touch attack? hmm... maybe a few spells based around that?

Feats
1st lvl - Toughness, Dodge, Expanded Arcana

But I might look at
1st lvl - Improved Unarmed Strike
3rd lvl - Improved Grapple (extra bonuses specially with enlarge and auto touch spells?)

You would need a touch spell with no Somatic component that would be hard. Maybe an SLA from Magical Talent (touch of fatigue?)

You could take Minor Spell Expertise at 9th lvl (that is a ways off) and get a first lvl spell SLA (shocking grasp) twice per day. Till then you would need concentration checks.

Just some thoughts to confuse you more. Sorry

HM

Remove ads