• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Carrion Crown AP (Savage Stampede) - OOC

rangerjohn

Explorer
In which case, I better put that feat into something besides weapon finesse. I'm not going to be doing any damage if I hit, will have sub-par hps and be wearing leather armor. Melee would be the death of the character.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
@WalkingDad, it's clear to me that we have different (and imo interesting) character design philosophies, and I'm enjoying the back and forth.

[MENTION=2469]rangerjohn[/MENTION] mentioned that he wanted to fill the holes in our group that appear to be missing: a rogue and a cleric.

He wanted as best of both worlds he could - he opted for multi-classing. As an old-school multi-classing fiend, I'm trying to give him most of what he wants without needing to multi-class.

From what I've read, channeling energy isn't a HUGE deal at lower levels, it's a bonus at higher levels, but isn't really that much of a punch (especially if said PC has a low Charisma). Domains, well... those ARE pretty snazzy, which is why I opted to present a rogue-ish cleric which isn't built around the standard cleric armor/weapon profs and standard battle caster schtick.

I only suggested the Bard if [MENTION=2469]rangerjohn[/MENTION] 's heart is leaning more to Rogue than Cleric; he'd still get healing items and such, but the focus would be on his rogue-ness instead of his Clerical spell-might.

To be fair, of most clerics I've played, I have opted for light armor/high Dex builds, too.

rangerjohn

Explorer
WD the mult-talented problem wasn't directed at you. I realize its confusing, I'm arguing two points at the same time. That was directed at Hero, who wants me to play an elf. I was pointing out that would cost more than it would give in this case.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Don't underestimate the healing from the energy channel.
I just re-read the channeling, and WOAH, they made it SO MUCH BETTER than I thought. Even more reason to go Cleric. ;)

I'm posting fast because I'm sitting in a computer lab reading and anticipating posts. I have class in 20 minutes or so though. :D

Talking about character builds with actual players I haven't played with is awesome.

renau1g

First Post
Ok so I'm think Aberrant bloodline for the sorcerer.

Anyone know any feats for sorcerers? I struggle with feat choice for spellcasters in 3.5/PF

Walking Dad

First Post
In which case, I better put that feat into something besides weapon finesse. I'm not going to be doing any damage if I hit, will have sub-par hps and be wearing leather armor. Melee would be the death of the character.
Toughness is a great feat IMHO. Just avoid melee by taking careful 5 ft steps before shooting ;)

Herobizkit

Adventurer
I think you're underestimating your abilities based on a +1 or -1 point adjustement. Leather armor and High Dex isn't "death", nor is missing one HP/level that's a bonus instead of standard (personally, I'd take the +1 skill point, but I'm mad, I tells ya). If your schtick is ranged, you'll be expected to stay ranged. -1 to damage sucks, but isn't the be-and-end all of a character who is forced into melee. Think about those poor wizards... which you're not. :)

Remove ads