• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Casual D&D) A Game of Trust

DrZombie

First Post
out of town

I'll be on a romantic weekend with my better half, so no posting for a few days.:p.

If you run into combat, +6 attack on comp longbow (+3 str) till they are within 30 feet, then +5/+5 (point blank, precise, rapid shot), switch to twohander when close combat +6, 2d6+4dmg (or power attack if low AC)
ac 16 31 hp

have fun

Guilt Puppy

First Post
"Bring who came tonight." His moccasins bulge as his toes curl in anticipation, but beyond that he shows no movement.

(BTW, just to give you warning ahead of time, should it come up, I'll remind you that you've been paddling halfling boats and carrying around Nurthk all day, and it's now well past midnight -- be prepared for fatigue to set in around sunrise if you don't get some sleep soon.)

dpdx

Explorer
[So, depending on when a bath was available to Fendric, he'll have bathed for 20 minutes, and then, thinking the night was over, gone into trance right there in the tub. So, since I don't know what to do after that, I present the things Fendric trances about, kind of what I'd worked up for his background. Hopefully, this gives everyone a little OOC insight, since he hasn't really talked about it IC.]

Fendric sits in his tub quietly, availing himself of some soap to clean himself as thoroughly as he can.

He drifts into trance, remembering his first 'outside' clerical task when he joined the Temple, as an attendant at the Fighting Pit of Hedrogura:

Healing and then helping to clean those who had fought, so that they could be in shape to receive well-wishers outside, or even sit at banquet if they'd fought particularly well.

Arguing with fighters: (But, Sir, you are not clean. And if Her Ladyship catches the slightest fever because you were not clean, not only will you be punished, but so will I. Now hold still, please - we shall make you both clean and presentable.)

Remembering before that: even in the early years, there was always the Temple. Fendric went back to his earliest memory - sitting in a basket on a table in the Vestibule, looking around, drooling, watching elves, men and priests talk to each other in hushed, strained tones.

Once he was ambulatory, and could be therefore of service to the Temple, he was given tasks. The clerics never struck him for misbehavior - but he could always tell how well he had performed them by the contents of his dinner. Meat was a good day, vegetables represented an average day, and gruel, or similar, meant it had been a bad day. When nothing came for dinner, 'grievous mistakes had been made.'

That happened regularly at first. But by the time Fendric turned 20, he always saw at least vegetables, and soon after that, he could have meat whenever he wanted. When Fendric's appetite began to strain the Temple's purse, that's when they sent him with Brothers Asgriff and Kalan to the Pit to work.

And so it began, his first day at the Pit: Orisons to heal cuts. And bathtubs, similar to the ones he and Hiritus now sat in. Bathing meant the day was over. Trance, sleep when there was time for it, or sometimes food would come afterward...

doghead

thotd
Guilt Puppy said:
"Bring who came tonight." His moccasins bulge as his toes curl in anticipation, but beyond that he shows no movement.

Oh you are obstinate!

"I am not your ... do this! person." His frustration slips its leash for a moment, and causes him to stumble for the words.

"Tell me why you can not do it yourself."

Hah! A twist. Like a cat. Slip out of that! Xiao himself is suprised at his own inspiration. And not a little relieved.

Guilt Puppy

First Post
"I can. You said you would bring them."

Although you never said you would bring them, it does appear that he understood it as such -- so far, it doesn't seem like the man knows that he can lie.

"I don't think you will any more. I will get them now."

He motions with his hand, not raising it, and four other men appear at his side. One on each side carries a bow, nocked but not pulled, and carried lightly, and the others carry handaxes, held upside down, with the heads pointing inward. All of them are toned but slight, wearing similar hide clothing with only light armor. The bowman on the far right, a man with a heavy beard, sports a recent wound across the right side of his forehead. After their exit, a third bowman makes his presence known, a tall and indifferent-looking fellow, who leans casually against a tree -- with bow casually nocked -- and keeps an eye on you, though seems to have little investment in the task.

They are heading more or less toward you, although the leader seems to be looking past you now, toward the station complex.

doghead

thotd
Guilt Puppy said:
"I can. You said you would bring them."

Although you never said you would bring them, it does appear that he understood it as such -- so far, it doesn't seem like the man knows that he can lie.

"I don't think you will any more. I will get them now."

He motions with his hand, not raising it, and four other men appear at his side. One on each side carries a bow, nocked but not pulled, and carried lightly, and the others carry handaxes, held upside down, with the heads pointing inward. All of them are toned but slight, wearing similar hide clothing with only light armor. The bowman on the far right, a man with a heavy beard, sports a recent wound across the right side of his forehead. After their exit, a third bowman makes his presence known, a tall and indifferent-looking fellow, who leans casually against a tree -- with bow casually nocked -- and keeps an eye on you, though seems to have little investment in the task.

They are heading more or less toward you, although the leader seems to be looking past you now, toward the station complex.

More than the sudden change in approach, the sudden appearence of weapons throws Xiao into a state of consternation. See! This is where cleverness gets you. I told you! I told you! But would you listen, no all smug with cleverness, just like a cat!, says that inner voice that everyone knows. Xiao calls his Wo. Shut up Wo!, Xiao counters desperately.

"Wait please. If you appear at the door like that, it may cause ... confusion. I don't think that ... " Xiao had been going to say you want blood spilt. He's lost all confidence, and for a brief instant, his mind flails around helplessly. "that would be not good."

"You have told the truth I think, but have not been fully honest with me. It is not to late to avoid a mistake."

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC:Tired, just got home from work and confused as to who is where.
Niccolo eats,bathes and sleeps if possible.

Guilt Puppy

First Post
doghead said:
"You have told the truth I think, but have not been fully honest with me. It is not to late to avoid a mistake."

"The ravast*, the spirit man, says we should bring the travelers. He does not want a mistake. We should hurt or kill them if they will not come, but it is better that they come. He does not know that they should be hurt. He says their scent on the wind is the sickness after death. He can tell them more. If you do not want a mistake, you should bring them."

He has stopped now, and the others have stopped behind him.

"Have I been fully honest now?"

dpdx

Explorer
[Well, our scent might have been sickness after death before, but we've got that taken care of, right? Move along, nothing to see, these aren't the droids you're looking for...]

Fendric continues to trance:

Aerda, Merrim, Victus, that haughty woman Jallarzi... Fate had thrown them all together with himself and Niccolo in that bar in Hedrogura. Later on, Draven - mysterious and dark. Fendric wondered if the unrest had caught up to them, yet, or if they'd scattered for parts peaceful and untouched. He wished them well. He wished them life.

Remove ads