Caves of Chaos (1st group - PF) - Recruitment(closed sorry)

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I was thinking of quoting (here) then copying/pasting(there). Which is what I'm about to do. You can find it in the second post pf the RG/IC.

Now just need that 900+ gp spent and we are good to go.

HM

mfloyd3

Explorer
2 x 1/2 charged CLW wands get my vote. That's 750 gp each, right?

We should have some change. Let me suggest the following incidentals. I'm listing them as bundles, so other players can vote straight up or down:
2 Flasks of Acid (10 gp, 1 lb ea)
2 Flasks Alchemists' Fire (20 gp, 1 lb ea) to deal with swarms. (I'm not advocating for Holy water because it's only marginally more effective than acid and costs much more)
Total for this set: 60 gp

Crowbar (2 gp, 5 lb)
Hammer (0.5 gp, 2 lb)
3 iron spikes (0.15 gp, 3 lb)
Upgrade one party member's pack to Masterwork (add 48 gp, 2 lbs) to handle added weight.
Total: 50.65 gp, 13 lbs -- Add rope to this list, if we're not already well-supplied for that.

If we have funds left over, I favor buying multiple MW backpacks, and some spare sacks, might also be a good idea for avoiding encumbrance penalties on the return trip.

Not trying to go too 10' pole here, but these are relatively cheap items that can become really useful if you need them.

We could also purchase some 1st level arcane or divine scrolls, but I don't see any gaps we urgently need to fill there. Thoughts?

rangerjohn

Explorer
rangerjohn I updated the sheet on the other page. Can you quote from there and post in the IC or do I need to move it when we are done?

Couple things I noticed...

Need Alignment
Racial traits - wish to keep the basics from the PHB or change using the APG?
Note your load went up to medium
Details section still undone

HM

Alignment? How about LN, fits going against the COC :)
Racial traits? Default seems best for a magus
Encumbrance I see that, won't last for long though.
Details ?
imgres

Well apparently image function does not work. :(

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
So lets see... 914.15gp left

- two wands of cure light wounds (25 charges each) = 750gp
- Weapon cord .1gp

Left with 164.05 gp

Then there are these suggestions...

- Package one 60gp
2 Flasks of Acid (10 gp, 1 lb ea)
2 Flasks Alchemists' Fire (20 gp, 1 lb ea)
Total for this set: 60 gp +4 lbs
- Package 2 50.65gp
Crowbar (2 gp, 5 lb)
Hammer (0.5 gp, 2 lb)
3 iron spikes (0.15 gp, 3 lb)
Upgrade one party member's pack to Masterwork (add 48 gp, 2 lbs)
Total: 50.65 gp, +13 lbs
For a total of 53.4 gp left

I say two potions of Stabilize (25gp each) and the group is ready to go.

Up to all of you I need an agree or disagree with the above suggestions.

HM

Last edited:

rangerjohn

Explorer
He is? Where? All I see is the old one back on page four of this thread. Still incomplete,
no alignment etc. I have checked here and the IC thread, is there somewhere else I should be looking?

Oh, am I missing something? I was checking out the encumbrance situation and the only advantage to wandermeal appears to be price. 3 cp per day vs. 5 sp for dry rations. Halflings must really be skinflints to think half a gold piece, is worth being sick after a week. This is without Tolkien saying they eat six meals a day.

Last edited:

Remove ads