CB's Grim Frequencies AP OOC -- COMPLETE

Forged Fury

First Post
It isn't a big deal. Telepath was the only Basic FX Advanced Class that was appropriate for Cyril. With that said, since it requires the Wild Talent feat, I wouldn't be eligible for it until 7th level. (Reading the flurry of posts that happened while I was typing with this, I guess I could swap my 3rd Level Feat out for Wild Talent).

On the Urban Arcana side, I'm eligible for Arcane Arranger, which isn't all that great, and will be eligible for Glamourist at 5th Level. Glamourist is pretty good, but doesn't really come online until 10th level, although really shines at 12th with the right Charismatic talents.

The original plan was to go Negotiator, which I may still do as it would be the most ideal way to get access to Glamourist.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
I seem to recall a "tech mage" in the srd...I will take another look. Failing that if cyrill goes for something else I could go with a brain hackin telepath. However, I probably wont be done until monday evening when I am back from my trip.

Monday evening may have been pushing things. I will be ready by then but if all of you won't be, that's no problem. You'll probably have at least another two or three days beyond Monday before any significant dice rolling starts up. If the majority of you are ready by Monday, what we'll do is resume roleplaying as we gird our loins toward an encounter.

Anyone have level-up questions?

gribble

Explorer
Ok, T-dawg is levelled up and good to go.

Note I made a few slight changes to the character as originally statted/planned. [MENTION=11146]CanadienneBacon[/MENTION], let me know if you object to any of these and I'll change:
  • I decided to take the Thrasher advanced class, rather than Street Warrior. The way the character has evolved, the big tough brick that can channel inner energy/adrenaline for short bursts of speed & strength when needed seemed a better fit than an urban street brawler. And he is quite the brick now with 17 defence and 59 hit points...
  • That necessitated a couple of changes in terms of skills and feats to meet pre-requisites. Thrasher needs Endurance or Athletic feat and ranks in Concentration and Survival skills. So I swapped out Improved Bull Rush (picked up at level 2) for Endurance and Intimidate/Knowledge (Streetwise) for Concentration/Survival. As the latter two skills seem to suit him better, once I qualified for Thrasher his next two levels of skill ranks went into those skills, and I'll continue to do so unless anything major changes. I considered adding ranks in Profession (Cook) to reflect his developing IC cooking skills... though at this stage they are more hobbyist than what the Profession skill seems to emulate in d20 Modern. Perhaps that can become a sideline / long term goal now that he has "gone straight" - T-dawgs Halal Cuisine... nah, need a catchier marketing slogan than that!

Finally, what do you want to do with action points? Technically, as we haven't been spending them, we should have a huge pool of them by now - and note that T-dawg now has a class feature which requires spending them, so we probably shouldn't just ignore them. Should we just start with whatever we would have got for level 5 (reflecting he assumption that you spend them roughly as fast as you earn them)?

Last edited:

Forged Fury

First Post
Going to take me until probably tomorrow, unless I can carve out time to work on Cyril today. I have pretty much decided to just go with two levels of Negotiator in anticipation of picking up Glamourist.

ETA: ...and now I am second-guessing that again and considering Telepath. Sigh. I think I am going to have to build both and see which way I want to go.

Last edited:

Forged Fury

First Post
[sblock=Cyril, the Negotiator]
STR 8 (-1)
DEX 14 (+2)
CON 10 (+0)
INT 14 (+2)
WIS 10 (+0)
CHA 18 (+4)

Initiative: +6
Perception: +0
Defense: 14 (+2 DEX, + 2 Class)
HP: 24

FOR +4 (Base +4, +0 CON)
REF +4 (Base +2, +2 DEX)
WIL +4 (Base +4, +0 WIS)

BAB: +2

Class: Charismatic 3/Negotiator 2
Experience: X,XXX
Starting Occupation: White Collar (Knowledge: Civics & Research)
Reputation Bonus: +3
Action Points: ??
Wealth Bonus: ???

Weapons
None

Skills
Bluff +14/+17 (8 Ranks, +4 CHA, +2 Deceptive) / +3 Fast Talk
Diplomacy +14/+17 (8 Ranks, +4 CHA, +2 Trustworthy) / +3 Fast Talk
Disguise +12 (6 Ranks, +4 CHA, +2 Deceptive)
Gather Information +12 (6 Ranks, +4 CHA, +2 Trustworthy)
Intimidate: +10 (6 Ranks, +4 CHA)
Knowledge: Civics +9 (6 Ranks, +2 INT, +1 Occupation)
Knowledge: Popular Culture +8 (6 Ranks, +2 INT)
Knowledge: Streetwise +8 (6 Ranks, +2 INT)
Profession: Lawyer +6 (6 Ranks, +0 WIS)
Sense Motive: +6 (6 ranks, +0 WIS)

Class Abilities
Conceal Motive: +(Negotiator Level) to oppose Sense Motive checks.
Dazzle: Using an attack action, apply a -1 penalty to an opponent's attack rolls, ability checks, skill checks, and saving throws for (Charismatic Level) rounds. Requires a DC 15 Charisma Check (+ Charismatic Level). If successful, the target resists with a Will Save (DC = 10 + Charismatic Level + Charisma Modifier).
Fast Talk: Apply Charismatic level as competence bonus on any Bluff, Diplomacy, or Gamble checks made to lie, cheat, or otherwise bend the truth.
React First: If the character is communicating with a potential enemy and hostilities break out (as long as the character does not start them), they gain a free readied action that can be either a Move Action or Attack Action before initiative is rolled.

Feats
Alertness: +2 to Listen & Spot Checks
Deceptive: +2 to Bluff & Disguise Checks
Improved Initiative: +4 to Initiative
Personal Firearms Proficiency: Use personal firearms without penalty
Simple Weapons Proficiency: Use Simple Weapons with no penalty
Trustworthy: +2 to Diplomacy & Gather Information Checks

Languages
English

[sblock]Future Planning: Cyril
L6 Glamourist 1
BAB +3, F/R/W: +4/+4/+4, DB: +3, Self-Confidence, Feat: ???
L7 Glamourist 2
BAB +4, F/R/W: +4/+5/+4, DB: +3, Hidden Motives[/sblock][/sblock]

[sblock=Cyril, the Psychic Wonder]
STR 8 (-1)
DEX 14 (+2)
CON 10 (+0)
INT 14 (+2)
WIS 10 (+0)
CHA 18 (+4)

Initiative: +6
Perception: +0
Defense: 14 (+2 DEX, + 2 Class)
HP: 22

FOR +2 (Base +2, +0 CON)
REF +4 (Base +2, +2 DEX)
WIL +4 (Base +4, +0 WIS)

BAB: +2

Class: Charismatic 3/Telepath 2
Experience: X,XXX
Starting Occupation: White Collar (Knowledge: Civics & Research)
Reputation Bonus: +3
Action Points: ??
Wealth Bonus: ??

Weapons
None

Skills
Bluff +14/+17 (8 Ranks, +4 CHA, +2 Deceptive)/+3 Fast Talk
Diplomacy +14/+17 (8 Ranks, +4 CHA, +2 Trustworthy)/+3 Fast Talk
Disguise +12 (6 Ranks, +4 CHA, +2 Deceptive)
Gather Information +14 (8 Ranks, +4 CHA, +2 Trustworthy)
Intimidate: +12 (8 Ranks, +4 CHA)
Knowledge: Civics +9 (6 Ranks, +2 INT, +1 Occupation)
Knowledge: Popular Culture +8 (6 Ranks, +2 INT)
Knowledge: Streetwise +8 (6 Ranks, +2 INT)
Profession: Lawyer +6 (6 Ranks, +0 WIS)
Sense Motive: +6 (6 Ranks, +0 WIS)

Class Features
Dazzle: Using an attack action, apply a -1 penalty to an opponent's attack rolls, ability checks, skill checks, and saving throws for (Charismatic Level) rounds. Requires a DC 15 Charisma Check ( + Charismatic Level). If successful, the target resists with a Will Save (DC = 10 + Charismatic Level + Charisma Modifier).
Fast Talk: Apply Charismatic level as competence bonus on any Bluff, Diplomacy, or Gamble checks made to lie, cheat, or otherwise bend the truth.
Psionic Skills: Psionic skills are available.
Psionic Powers: 10 Power Points/Day; Powers Known: (0) Daze, Far Hand, & Missive; (1) Attraction & Charm Person (5 Free 0-Level Manifestations/Day).
Trigger Power: Can attempt to manifest a power for no power point cost: Charm Person (DC 13 Charisma Check). If check fails, pay normal manifestation cost.

Feats
Deceptive: +2 to Bluff & Disguise Checks
Improved Initiative: +4 to Initiative
Personal Firearms Proficiency: Use Personal Firearms with no penalty
Simple Weapons Proficiency: Use Simple Weapons with no penalty
Trustworthy: +2 to Diplomacy & Gather Information Checks
Wild Talent: Manifest Burst (ML2) 3/day for no power point cost

Languages
English

[sblock=Future Planning: Cyril (Maybe)]
L6 Glamourist 1
L7 Glamourist 2[/sblock][/sblock]

Not sure which way I'm going yet. Both get me to Glamourist. Negotiator makes me slightly tougher. Telepath lets me keep most of my Charisma skills topped up and gives a variety of minor psychic powers. I think the latter is also a little more interesting from an RP perspective, especially if I tied Cyril's psychic awakening to the interaction with the BlueTooth headset.

gribble

Explorer
Not sure which way I'm going yet. Both get me to Glamourist. Negotiator makes me slightly tougher. Telepath lets me keep most of my Charisma skills topped up and gives a variety of minor psychic powers. I think the latter is also a little more interesting from an RP perspective, especially if I tied Cyril's psychic awakening to the interaction with the BlueTooth headset.
I say go with more interesting. As you note, it ties into the story line as well.

Remove ads