• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

CB's Grim Frequencies AP OOC -- COMPLETE

Forged Fury

First Post
We've got two levels of development that we're glossing over. Maybe Otter hacked into the FCC and found a really weird database (of spellfiles) in the interim.

Shayuri

First Post
Hehe

If you're okay with me meeting that prereq 'virtually' until the big moment...whatever form that moment takes...then I'll proceed. :)

Given the anomaly of fast-forwarding through levels 4 and 5, I think it's acceptable. I would do the same for anyone else who asked for something similar. Go ahead and proceed.

Quick Question: Does the book go into further detail about 0-level Psionic powers? I can't tell from the wording if you get (3+Psionic Class Level) free cumulative uses of 0-level powers or if you get (3+Psionic Class Level) free uses of each 0-level power you know. I'm thinking the former, but want to be sure.
The book refers me to pp 361, "Power Points."

[sblock=0-lvl Power Points]"A power's cost is determined by its level, as shown below. Every power's cost is also noted in its description for easy reference." The section gives a table by power level, which states that at Power Level 0, the power point cost is "0/1." The table has a footnote for Power Level 0 that reads: "A psionic character can manifest any 0-level power he knows a number of times per day equal to 3 + his psionic level; additional manifestations cost 1 power point each." Additionally, the section goes on to state: "Each day, a psionic character gets an allocation of power points based on his or her level. The character must rest for 8 hours and then spend 15 minutes meditating [HAHAHA, I can't wait to see Cyril "meditate!"] to recharge his mind with power points. Without such a period of rest and refreshment, the psionic character doesn't regain power points that were previously used. A psionic character can only refresh his or her power points once every 24 hours."[/sblock]

My reading indicates that Cyril would be a 2nd level Telepath and therefore could manifest any 0-level psionic power he knows 5 times per day, with additional manifestations of 0-level psionic powers possible at the rate of 1 power point each.

Let me know if that does not answer your question.

Shayuri

First Post
Here's the updated stat block for perusal before I put it on the RG. One question I have is the Machine Empathy ability. It seems exceedingly broad, depending on how it's interpreted.

It provides a +2 competence bonus when using any electronic or mechanical device. Would that include things like guns? Cars? Where is that line drawn? :)

Also, calced hit points with the average value...I'll look back and doublecheck if you want us to roll in a bit. :)

Str 08 (0 pts)
Dex 14 (6 pts)
Con 10 (2 pts)
Int 18 (10 pts + 2 human)
Wis 12 (4 pts)
Cha 11 (3 pts)

Initiative: +6 (2 dex 4 imp init)
Perception: +1
Defense: 13 (+2 Dex, + 1 class bonus, + 0 equipment bonus)
hp: 22

Fort 1 (Base 1, +0 Con)
Refl +5 (Base 1, +2 dex)
Will +3 (Base 2, +1 wis)

BAB: +2

Basic Class: Smart
Starting Occupation: Criminal
Reputation Bonus: +1
Action Points: 4 (3 + 1/2 lvl 3)

Advanced Class: TechnoMage

Weapons:
Nada at the moment

Skills 100 (13/lvl, Smart; 11/lvl techmage)
Computer Use (Int) +17 (8 rnks + 4 int + 2 feat + 3 talent)
Concentration (Con) +2 (2 rnks + 0 Con)
Craft (electronic) (Int) +10 (6 rnks + 4 int)
Craft (mechanical) (Int) +10 (6 rnks + 4 int)
Craft (writing) (Int) +10 (6 rnks + 4 int)
Disable Device (Int) +13 (8 rnks + 4 int + 3 talent)
Forgery (Int) +10 (5 rnks + 4 int + 1 occupation)
Investigate (Int) +8 (6 rnks + 4 int)
Knowledge (Arcane Lore) +10 (6 rnks + 4 Int)
Knowledge (behavioral sciences) (Int) +9 (6 rnks + 4 int)
Knowledge (physical sciences) (Int) +5 (1 rnk + 4 int)
Knowledge (popular culture) (Int) +8 (4 rnks + 4 int)
Knowledge (streetwise) (Int) +6 (4 rnks + 4 int)
Knowledge (technology) (Int) +10 (6 rnks + 4 int)
Repair (Int) +12 (8 rnks + 4 int + 2 feat)
Research (Int) +10 (6 rnks + 4 int)
Search (Int) +9 (5 rnk + 4 int)
Spellcraft (Int) +5 (1 rnk + 4 int)
Stealth (Dex) +8 (6 rnks + 2 dex)

Talents:
- Computer Use Savant (+lvl to Computer Use rolls)
- Disable Device Savant (+lvl to Disable Device)
- Plan: Spend 1 minute prior to encounter to develop Plan. Int check + smart level grants circ bonus to checks and attacks for 3 rounds, then degrades by 1 each round therafter. Int checks: 9 or less, no bonus; 10-14 +1; 15-24 +2; 25 or more +2
- Exploit Weakness: After 1 rnd of combat, make DC 15 Int+lvl check as move action to use Int bonus to atk vs one target

Feats:
Simple Weapons (class)
Personal Firearms Proficiency (occupation)
1 Gearhead (+2 Computer Use and Repair)
1 Improved Initiative
B Combat Expertise
3 Smart Plus (Gain 2 Smart Hero talents)

Class Features:
Talents
Bonus Feats

Spellfiles
- Cantrips: All
- 1st level: Cause Fear, Change Self, Dancing Lights, Degauss, Instant Identify, Mage Armor, Magic Missile, Trace Purge, Mask Metal

Machine Empathy (+2 when using any electronic or mechanical device)

Spellcasting (DC 14+lvl)
Prepared
0 Magic ID, Mage Hand, Haywire, Detect Magic Aura
1 Cause Fear, Mage Armor, ?

Equipment:
- Hacktop
- Smartphone
- Multimonitor burly desktop computer
- PS4
- Um...a gun or something.

Languages:
- English

gribble

Explorer
This is all fine by me. I like the idea, too, of T-dawg as chef de cuisine for a food truck labeled "T-dawg's Halal Cuisine." That's fit right in with Indy's thriving food truck culture! Plus, it'd be awesome cover in case the group needed to do some spying. Just something to consider.
Sounds good as something to move towards. IC I have trouble justifying it immediately given it's only been 1 day! And I still maintain I need a catchier name/slogan.
:)

Go ahead, all of you, and top off your action points for whatever you would have gotten for level 5.
Still seems ambiguous - do you mean T-dawg now has 8 APs (6 + 1/2 character level, round down for Thrasher), or his previous total plus an additional 8 (which could be a problem as I've already removed the total... presumably it would be the number earned for levels 1, 2, & 3, minus any spent?). I think the 8 should be sufficient, going by previous expenditure rates...

Remove ads