Character Level Up Approvals

Aura

Explorer
I did some approval work on Lem the Cook. Two things I noticed (and I think you'll like):
(1) You should have 5 Ki points now, not just 4. Fixed.
(2) You get a general feat at 7th level, and have not taken it.

I also did some fiddling to help the character sheet read a little easier and correct apparent minor errors that didn't effect final totals. I included the edits for your review:[sblock=Disclosure]Fixed links to Through the Looking Gate to have labels (abbreviations in your consumed items list, full name on adventure log, as you've established), put the WIS bonus to Sense Motive into the right column, standardized fractional gp accounting and sp accounting in equipment list as just fractional gp accounting, increased your character level tag on the Adventures page to 7, changed your monk level in flurry of blows to 7, noted that you seem to have taken your FC bonus in skills (as per usual), Specified your Strength belt as +2 and cleaned up columns here and there to read easier.[/sblock]
And I learned that Monk has apparently been updated to have a level 7 Ki Pool ability to count their unarmed attacks as silver and cold iron for DR purposes. I like my books so much, but they don't update. :(

Anyway, choose your feat and you're set for level approval.

Aura

Explorer
I approved Tyrien for level 10. Discovered there is a lot of front-end effort in checking a higher level character for the first time. (Although that isn't exactly a shocker.) The only issue I noted was the Running Total XP hadn't been updated, like the Running Gold had, to reflect the new entries. I checked the math and it matched the value listed under level (85079), and typed it in.

I also noted that disarm CMD listed a number of modifiers I was not expecting to see, such as WF. Obviously this has been through several judges already, so I assumed it correct. However, it prompts me to ask how to determine which mechanics, besides BAB, Str, size and feats/abilities specifying they effect the maneuver, figure in? I'm not seeing many combat maneuvers in my home game so I'm not as used to the system on that.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
I also noted that disarm CMD listed a number of modifiers I was not expecting to see, such as WF. Obviously this has been through several judges already, so I assumed it correct. However, it prompts me to ask how to determine which mechanics, besides BAB, Str, size and feats/abilities specifying they effect the maneuver, figure in? I'm not seeing many combat maneuvers in my home game so I'm not as used to the system on that.

Thanks, Aura.

Off the top of my head, I think the ruling is whenever a bonus applies to a weapon's attack roll, it applies to using it for a CMB as well. So magical flails in the hands of a fighter with Weapon Focus and Weapon Training are getting higher bonuses for Trip CMB than a character without those feats/features and a normal flail.

The same holds true with anything providing bonuses to AC also affecting CMD, IIRC. For example Rings of Protection and the Dodge Feat.

Aura

Explorer
I APPROVED Eanos for level 10. Learned about the Preacher archetype--a nice replacement for those that don't want teamwork feats (although Determination can be used to help your teamwork.) Made some minor edits (all either neutral or in Eanos' favor), listed here so you can check for accuracy:[sblock=Disclosure]Initiative increased to +9 (cunning initiative/Wis increased to +4)
An extra '5' at the end of the spear weapon description removed
Spiritual Weapon attack increased to +11/6 (Wis increased to +4)
Bane effects the Enhancement Bonus by 2 as well as adding 2d6 damage (total additional damage noted as 2d6+2)
Ghostbane Dirge added to list of FC bonuses taken in Racial Abilities
Stern Gaze increased to +5 (1/2 level), effecting Intimidate (19) and Sense Motive (24)
Lore of Escape increased to +4 (Wis), effecting Bluff (18) and Stealth (23)
Determination ability now notes Teamwork Feats at 3, 6, 9 were given up
Track increased to +5 (1/2 level) as a modifier to Survival
Concentration Check increased to +14 (level 10)
Noted Inquisitor level was 10 on skill list
After two checks, current inventory was 35,548gp, down by 1gp. Extra gp refunded into available cash[/sblock]I was a little confused adding up your consumed items, but it looks like it may be above the 155gp quoted by a couple/few, or less when it comes to things that are at 1gp or less (didn't know how long you had average cost of living.) You might want to check it out.

Have fun. :)

Aura

Explorer
I APPROVED Menik for level 7. Very minor corrections were involved, the most notable was the xp required for 8th level (34k according to chart, it's possible 28k is a DnD 3.x holdover). I also fixed his level tag in the Adventures section and straightened a column. Looking good.

I had no idea maintaining a decent spell book was so expensive. Yikes.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I APPROVED Menik for level 7. Very minor corrections were involved, the most notable was the xp required for 8th level (34k according to chart, it's possible 28k is a DnD 3.x holdover). I also fixed his level tag in the Adventures section and straightened a column. Looking good.

I had no idea maintaining a decent spell book was so expensive. Yikes.

Take a look at Heinrich sometime and his spell book. next level he can get 6th level spells, so
Scroll for level 6 spell sans expensive material componants: 1,650
materials to copy into book: 360/ spell transcribed
his books have about 9,990 gp invested.
[sblock]6*1125 + 7*700 + 9*375 + 15*150 + 16*25 + 18*12.5 =
+
34*10 + 15*40 + 9*90 + 7*160 + 6*250 =[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Looking at Bren, everything seems to be in order except spending, which appears 16,000 gp over. Is this because he's in the middle of an extended adventure and things are only partially accounted for?

Remove ads