• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Character Sheet Released

VannATLC

First Post
We can't actually see the characters equipment.
I presume, seeing Amulets are the defense bonus area, that the +2 is probably from an amulet providing an AC bonus.

The 15 AC armour is staggerinly high, imo. I would also assume that this is an artifact of a foriegn material, but we can extrapolate that AC in 4e is going to be substantially higher, in general.

keterys

First Post
Well, monsters tend to be in the Level + 1 to Level +7 area for attacks against AC, though a lot more are +3 to +5 than are the outers... so if a level 15 monster had +20 attack, it would need a 16 to hit normally, 14 with combat advantage. So that's still dealable for a main tank type.

Similarly, the character's +18 (Level +3) should be fine for hitting the Level + 12 - + 16 that most defenses seem to fall into, though there will be more misses against soldiers with pure AC attacks.

Dracollich

First Post
At first, I thought the AC was high compared to its attack. Needing a 16+ seemed unreasonable, that is until I realized he only needed a 4+ to itself with its breath weapon. (+16 vs 20 reflex defense)

So, against a brute or a soldier, this dragonborn will be able to stand and fight for awhile, but if a rogue got into the fray, it might be cut done pretty quickly. This is a good example of the design philosophy of roles in 4E. If you step out of the role you're created for (in this case holding off brutes/soldiers while your comrades take out the rest), you're most likely to get gimped.

Last edited:

Lurker59

First Post
After looking at this sheet some more I firmly believe this was put just to show a bare-bones character sheet, rather than someone's character. She doesn't even appear to have a neck slot item for defenses (partially explaining her awful defense stats) and the feat selection coincidentally only includes two feats we hadn't seen. Also there are no paragon path features listed, and we know she should have at least an action point related one by 15th level.

Last edited:

Kordeth

First Post
Lurker59 said:
After looking at this sheet some more I firmly believe this was put just to show a bare-bones character sheet, rather than someone's character. She doesn't even appear to have a neck slot item for defenses (partially explaining her awful defense stats) and the feat selection coincedentally only includes two feats we hadn't seen. Also there are no paragon path features listed, and we know she should have at least an action point related one by 15th level.

Just to nitpick, she does have a paragon path and its features listed, tucked away at the bottom of the feats list. She's an Astral Weapon with the Astral Judgment and Astral Rejuvenation abilities.

MindWanderer

First Post
Lurker59 said:
Also there are no paragon path features listed, and we know she should have at least an action point related one by 15th level.
Yes there are: Astral Judgment and Astral Rejuvenation. But you're right, the alternate AP use is missing.

Anyone know why the to-hit on the breath weapon is so high? I figure only +12 (+5 Str, +7 1/2 level).

I really dislike "Armor/Abil" for AC. Those should be separate entries. And the fact that "Abil + 1/2 lvl" is used for skills is inconsistent.

Also, I didn't see that anyone pointed it out yet: paladin defenses are +1 to all--so Corrin is correct, and the KotS paladin (and the PrRC) are wrong.

VannATLC said:
We can't actually see the characters equipment.
I presume, seeing Amulets are the defense bonus area, that the +2 is probably from an amulet providing an AC bonus.

The 15 AC armour is staggerinly high, imo. I would also assume that this is an artifact of a foriegn material, but we can extrapolate that AC in 4e is going to be substantially higher, in general.

Is there an amulet mentioned? I though the neck slot was meant to be for bonuses to F/R/W defences. None of these defences seem to have an enhancement bonus.

I think it might have +3 armour and shield to go with its +3 longsword, but no +3 amulet.

Lurker59

First Post
To clarify on the paragon path features comment, I intended to highlight that the action point section was left blank and doesn't describe how it interacts when using a AP. In other words, while the 11th level features are on the sheet, it doesn't actually provide any explanation of effects even though the sheet has specific spots for such descriptions and feats we have already seen do have such explanations.

Also the KotS paladin defenses are missing all three of the class-based bonuses. Hopefully this character sheet is up to date.

Last edited:

Burr

First Post
Lurker59 said:
Yeah, the Dragonborn Frenzy and Senses feats were in the racial benefits article. The +1 to perception is coming from the senses feat. One thing I've noticed is that the character doesn't seem to be focusing it's stat bonuses to its prime stats. Removing her racial stat bonuses she has 18, 12, 14, 11, 13, 16. While it's possible that a sub-optimal point spread was used, it doesn't seem like she has gained +1 to all stats and 6 floating bonuses. Maybe a starting spread of 15, 14, 12, 12, 11, 10 is possible? I can't seem to reconcile her current stats with what we've heard about stat growth.

They may have forgotten to add in the racial stat bonuses. That would make starting stats of 17, 15, 12, 10, 10, 8 a likely possibility (though still fairly wild, as assumptions go). If so, then along the other known characters, that could well make the 25-point buy something like this*:

Code:
8  9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
0 +1 +1 +1 +1 +2 +2 +2 +2 +5 +3

So...

17  15  12  10  10   8
+15  +8  +2  +0  +0  +0  = 25

16  14  13  12  11  10
+10  +6  +4  +2  +1  +2  = 25

16  14  14  12  10   9
+10  +6  +6  +2  +0  +1  = 25

16  14  12  12  12  10
+10  +6  +2  +2  +2  +2  = 24

16  16  12  12  10   8
+10 +10  +2  +2  +0  +0  = 24

16  14  14  11  10  10
+10  +6  +6  +1  +0  +2  = 25

18  14  10  10  10   9
+18  +6  +0  +0  +0  +1  = 25

16  15  14  11  10   8
+10  +8  +6  +1  +0  +0  = 25

*Using my guess for this Paladin, and popular assumptions about the other characters, this is the only point-buy array that ends up with exactly 1 point wrong for 2 pregen characters. And it does so without making either of them "worse off", since they end up with all even stats anyway.

Another possibility is that 28-point buy was accidentally used for the two incorrect pregen characters, in which case this point-buy scheme would be more likely (but less balanced, IMO):

Code:
8  9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
0 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +2 +2 +5 +4 +6

Last edited:

gribble

Explorer
MindWanderer said:
I really dislike "Armor/Abil" for AC. Those should be separate entries. And the fact that "Abil + 1/2 lvl" is used for skills is inconsistent.
Maybe, similiar to SW Saga which has level or armour bonus, they've simplified the max dex bonus from 3.x and made 4e armour bonus or dex bonus?

Remove ads