• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Character Submission Thread

Aura

Explorer
The speed is not hampered by encumbrance. The dex skills are still hampered by by her carrying a medium weight. She was just fine, until she put on armor.

My problem was not knowing there was a penalty to skills for load. This means Charity is off, and would stand to benefit from trimming down to light load, even if it doesn't improve her move.

I also intend to have in my mini-stats block simple "automatic" rules of when she would use it.

Sounds like a good idea.

Being able to do any healing at all is a good thing. I have run a lot of PFS games on weekends. I commonly see a table of 5-6 characters at 5-7th level, and none have healing.

I've been playing an increasing number of characters that bring healing to the game, even if in minor ways (Inquisitor). The problem with non-constructed groups, in this sense, is the fact that there is a greater need for healing than supply of players wishing to bring it. Lacking social pressure of a close-knitted group, you don't see many healers.

Anyway, glad to get you and PM's new characters out and running. If Lazarus is off the docket, then the games should be ready to start.

Satin Knights

First Post
She's a country girl. "What's your sur name?" "What's that?" "Your family name, your last name." "In my native tongue, too long for you to write on that there paper. Let's see, 'this 'il do'". "Okay, Thissiledew. Next." "What? what? Whatever."

No, I didn't spell check it before choosing. But, I like this spelling. The pun gets lost if I do it correctly.

Last edited:

RunGord

First Post
Uff and Izzy Ready for Inspection, SIR!

Hi all,
My brawler Uff is ready for review.
I've played PFS for about a year, but this is my first time playing in this format, so I am open to any feedback or suggestions.
Hope to see you around soon,
~Gord

Hm. Can't post links, but I'm sure you can find him. His name is Uff and my username is RunGord.

Aura

Explorer
Looking at Uff:http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Uff_(RunGord)

Considerable sections need still be completed before review can really get underway. Most notably:
Combat Statistics
Weapon Statistics
Equipment
Finances
Details
Background

Skills have ACP's listed, so I imagine you have some sort of armor in mind, and simply have not listed it yet.

Making wisdom your dump stat on a fighter type is particularly dangerous, but entirely your choice.

RunGord

First Post
Looking at Uff...Considerable sections need still be completed...

AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!! I entered everything and now it's all gone!

Phbbbt. Not a good start to the online experience.

NVM, I'll refill everything again and hope it publishes this time.

Thanks!

~Gord

Aura

Explorer
Review of Uff

OK, looks like your work saved this time! That must have been a hassle.

- The following review is a non-judge review. You need a judge review as well to begin playing.
- As I am a non-judge, I don't edit your character sheet. I just point out what seems to be mistakes. It is quite possible some of my corrections are mistaken, although I try to be accurate.

Stuff that needs fixing (part of approval):
1) The Sword Breaker Dagger is an Exotic Weapon. In the description, it requires proficiency to gain the special features of the dagger. Since you lack the Feat to use it, so I don't think you get the +4 disarm/sunder.
2) The ACP's on the skill chart seem to be inconsistent at -4 on some and -0 on others, and I cannot find a reason. I'd assume they all should be -4.
3) Fly is a DEX skill so you should have a +2 base. Perception is a WIS skill so you get a -1 base, but a +1 misc (trait) to balance you out.
4) Crit of a shortbow is 20. I assume the '10' is a simple typo.
5) Several apparent gear issues:
-- Mess Kit costs 0.2 gp.
-- 2 Iron Spikes should weigh 2#.
-- 3 Oils should weigh 3#.
-- Parchment costs 0.2 gp. (0.4 gp is paper, did you want that instead?)
-- 20 arrows weigh 3#.
6) Both gold and weight columns appear to be off. I get 145.97 gp and 83.65# with the current entered values, but this is likely to be changed due to note 5, see above.
7) Forgot to fill out how you get your 4 skill pts at the top of the skills section. (Agreeing 4 is correct value, you just need to fill in the blanks.)
8) In the Combat section, upper left, you'll want to state which hp option you're taking after 1st level: Max-2 or Rolling. Most people choose Max-2, particularly on the d10 and d12 hit dice.

Stuff to think about (not part of approval):
1) Did you mean to buy a sling? It's on your weapons chart but not in your equipment. Personally, I'd go with the sling over the bow anyway (for now), he's so strong.
2) Already mentioned, but I'm a bit of a wisdom fan. Once the mind effecting spells start flying, it partially translates into 'get to play my character.' So I'm going to encourage not making it a dump stat. Your choice.
3) Although it's a nice touch to justify a dump stat as part of the background, the way you wrote it feels like INT to me. An explanation for wisdom you might like: "A few years of ring fighting has made him rash, prone to immediate action over introspection." It's very YMMV, though.
4) One of the shorter male human fighting types I've seen in a while. And also the first brawler. It's nice to see the variety.

NOT YET, but will keep an eye out to see how issues are resolved and upgrade you to appoved.

Last edited:

Remove ads