Character Submission Thread

Systole

First Post
Rhas Ironeyes is ready to go. (Note: I've got to officially spend the DMC to get Lai Tai to 5th, but that will be a thing. This will put Rhas at 5th, dead on.) That background is a bit of a work in progress, as JS45 and I are working that out together.

Aura

Explorer
Reviewing Rhas Ironeyes

All my usual caveats: This is a non-judge review, I don't like directly editing character sheets unless I'm really sure of the correction, and I occasionally make mistakes (just let me know if I do.)

OK, this is looking pretty close to completion. I'm going to make exception to the background which you're still working on, and just focus the mechanics. Found a few things to look at:

Stuff That Needs Fixin':
* Both references I find on the Handy Harversack (Core and Ultimate Equipment) puts the weight at 5 lbs, not the 2 lbs you cite.
* I get a total Perform roll of -1, basically just CHA modifier.

Stuff That Could Be Changed:
* With low CHA and only one point in by 5th level, Intimidate doesn't seem very useful. Obviously, if you want it, no problems.

Notation Issues and Typos:
* The Knowledge: Planes skill at +7 seems to be completely out of place, like from another character.
* Took me a while to figure out the competence bonuses to attack and perception from the bracers. Something to clarify the source would be helpful, but not required.
* You may find it worth noting the situational Point Blank +1 attack/damage bonuses.
* I'm pretty sure this is a simple omission: Darkvision isn't listed, and I think you still have it.

Comments:
* Character generation comes in spurts for some reason. Just got DT's and seeing a couple behind you.
* This is a character type I've entertained on a number of occasions and never quite played. My last iteration was a halfling. The game lets you give it a go, albeit at an increased feat cost.
* I find it odd to put a heavy shield in a Handy Harversack. The rules are vague on the issue, but I'm just not sure how you'd get it in the mouth for the magic to take effect.
* LaiTai died? I didn't know that.
* The first thing I thought when I saw the picture is 'he's a tall Dwarf'. Seems you found a picture to match what you wanted to do when I read the background.
* Player notes is almost like code. I think I know that code. Heh.

Anyway, NOT YET, but some very quick changes (and a few suggestions) and you're good to go.

Satin Knights

First Post
I started looking over Umthim:
a) Dodge gets added to CMD, so that went up.
b) The amulet is +0 Corrosive, so it doesn't contribute a +1 magic on to hit. Fixed.
c) Unless he is from Venza, he will get a regional language.
d) The background needs a bit of work. :p
e) I did a bit of OCD formatting cleanup.

Once he has a back story, he has his first APPROVAL.

jackslate45

First Post
I started looking over Umthim:
a) Dodge gets added to CMD, so that went up.
b) The amulet is +0 Corrosive, so it doesn't contribute a +1 magic on to hit. Fixed.
c) Unless he is from Venza, he will get a regional language.
d) The background needs a bit of work. :p
e) I did a bit of OCD formatting cleanup.

Once he has a back story, he has his first APPROVAL.

Once Jack has about 3 hours after work he will...Apparently this week is "I QUIT" around here...

Thanks!

jkason

First Post
Rhas Ironeyes is ready to go. (Note: I've got to officially spend the DMC to get Lai Tai to 5th, but that will be a thing. This will put Rhas at 5th, dead on.) That background is a bit of a work in progress, as JS45 and I are working that out together.

Apologies for thread highjack, but I just wanted to squee a bit that a dwarven ship captain I put in for a little flavor to amuse folks on the long trip to an adventure has evolved into a mini-dynasty of slightly-tall-and-lanky, rebellious Renlow-kin dwarves. It's exactly the kind of awesomesauce that makes me love this living world stuff. :)

Aura

Explorer
Reviewing Umthirin Hammerfist

This is my non-judge review of Umthirin. I try to avoid editing your character sheet directly, with the exception of the most obvious typos. I do my best to be accurate, if you think I'm mistaken on an issue feel free to point it out. Happiness guaranteed or your money back.

Stuff That Needs Fixin':
* I can't seem to find a reference of shuriken doing 1d4 damage. I think they're only 1d2.
* Melee Unarmed Attack and Flurry of Blows have been corrected to have no bonus from the amulet. However, the lines both look like they should still total +7 for normal, +7/+7 for flurry, not just +6.

* I love Rockstepper Racial Trait for Dwarves. I was just wondering if you still wanted the Feather Step Slippers considering you already have Rockstepper?
* You can have that dagger made of cold iron for a paltry +2 GP. Might be worth doing.
* For regional tongue, assuming you don't come from Venza, you might consider Sethir.

* It's worth noting the Cloak of Resistance in the equipment section is +1.
* The DEX bonus listed in Shuriken FOB doesn't seem correct, I think it should be +2. However, the final total of the line is still accurate. Similarly, I'm thinking the regular Shuriken attack shouldn't have TWF listed as a modifier, but the total is correct there as well.

Comments:
* Another day, another dwarf. They're very popular, lately.
* This character has so many situational combat stats… oh my.
* Looks like a solid character, although monk mechanics make me double check just about everything. They're kinda intricate.
* I actually like seeing a skill list with non-relevant, only usable while trained, skills removed. So much easier to look at.
* And ya, needs background work. I know you're on it. :)

NOT YET, but very few changes need be made to get to approval.

Satin Knights

First Post
Numbers are starting to lie to me at night. I went back in on Umthim and fixed the ones I screwed up that Aura found, as well as a few others I hadn't broken.

Aura

Explorer
Second Look: Umthirin Hammerfist

Everything looks good here, with the understanding that JS45 is working on his background, which he seems to be interested in. I'm gonna just slip in the clarification that the Cloak of Resistance is +1 and call it a done deal.

STAMP! Umthirin Hammerfist is APPROVED! for LPF play. Have fun!

Systole

First Post
Stuff That Needs Fixin':
* Both references I find on the Handy Harversack (Core and Ultimate Equipment) puts the weight at 5 lbs, not the 2 lbs you cite.
* I get a total Perform roll of -1, basically just CHA modifier.
Fixt.

* With low CHA and only one point in by 5th level, Intimidate doesn't seem very useful. Obviously, if you want it, no problems.
It's a one-point wonder. Seemed a shame to waste the class skill bonus.

* The Knowledge: Planes skill at +7 seems to be completely out of place, like from another character.
* Took me a while to figure out the competence bonuses to attack and perception from the bracers. Something to clarify the source would be helpful, but not required.
* You may find it worth noting the situational Point Blank +1 attack/damage bonuses.
* I'm pretty sure this is a simple omission: Darkvision isn't listed, and I think you still have it.
All fixed except the competence bonus. It's tough getting that in there without bloating the lines.

Comments:
* Character generation comes in spurts for some reason. Just got DT's and seeing a couple behind you.
* This is a character type I've entertained on a number of occasions and never quite played. My last iteration was a halfling. The game lets you give it a go, albeit at an increased feat cost.
* I find it odd to put a heavy shield in a Handy Harversack. The rules are vague on the issue, but I'm just not sure how you'd get it in the mouth for the magic to take effect.
* LaiTai died? I didn't know that.
* The first thing I thought when I saw the picture is 'he's a tall Dwarf'. Seems you found a picture to match what you wanted to do when I read the background.
* Player notes is almost like code. I think I know that code. Heh.
It bugs me how feat starved this build is, even for a frickin' fighter. There's a feat tax of 2 just to make a crossbowman instead of an archer, and that kind of ticks me off, but I'm not giving a dwarf a longbow. Bows are for those elf sissies.

Lai Tai is as dead as Anakin Skywalker, by which I mean he's burned beyond recognition and re-evaluating his morality system. Muahahahahahaha! But yeah ... I was surprised at how much I just didn't like the magus.

Remove ads