• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Character Submission Thread

Aura

Explorer
Well, Francis, welcome to LPF. I'll start a review of your character.

First look: Francis

This is a *very* quick once-over to give you something to work on until I can do more. A few issues I spotted in my initial examination of your character are:
(1) Languages: either you're one language over, or you're choosing a regional Language (Old Landellian). If the latter, you'll want to specify where you are from.
(2) CMB should have your size modifier (-1) figured in, as well.
(3) Dagger attack (melee) appears to total +0 (but is listed as -1).
(4) Feats: I don't see where you're getting a second feat.
(5) Gold Weight: From all that I can tell, we let people skate on carrying coin unless ridiculous amounts are involved.
(6) Encumberance brackets: Don't forget to multiply your weight limits by x3/4 for your small size, for a 20 / 40 / 60 -ish distribution.
(7) Two things that should weigh less because of the x1/4 small size modifier on gear: Backpack (0.5) and Rations (1.25). However, rope doesn't change with size, so it's 5 lbs.

Good luck.

Aura

Explorer
Ya, redistributing scores would be ok. Better now than later. Please make sure you end up with what you want, because I'll have to line-by-line your character again. :)

FrancisJohn

Explorer
FINAL RESUBMISSION OF FRANCIS JOHN III

Question about languages:

I get a starting base of Common (Low Landellian) and Halfling. My intelligence bonus grants two more... so I can take Middle and High Landellion. On the wiki it states that I get a free regional language to speak. Can my character come from the far-reaches of the Landelal Baronies and get Old Landellian too?

Question about Waterskins:

How much of a day's worth of water does one hold?

Question about Formatting of the CS:

Anything I can do to make it look cleaner, like combine some of the greyish background boxes?

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Day's worth of water: as a general rule an average human requires 1/2 gallon of water per day, average day, average weather, average activities.

Aura

Explorer
Second Look: Francis John III

Alright, I went about and cleaned up some minor issues, mostly iteration math things:
(1) CMB and CMD each increased by one with your Str.
(2) The total cost column was updated to 149.1gp, which matches your accounting in Finances.
(3) I changed Fly to 3, from 5. Unless I'm missing something, I am pretty sure 3 is correct.
(4) I put the character Location as Dunn Wright Inn, hyperlinked. (This gets changed as your character goes adventure to adventure.) I preserved the 'passed out on the floor' text as a new line at the bottom of your character story and wrote it as a standalone sentence. Feel free to modify/move/rewrite as you see fit.

Language: The basic idea behind the bonus regional language is a bribe to help develop the world. So yes, you can have a bonus regional language, but can we have a name of village, and some combination of information (size, location, description, etc) that helps 'put it on the map'?

Bluff Skill: Bluff is the kind of skill that can run the gamut of almost worthless to completely overpowered, depending on the individual DM. As the newest judge, I haven't quite gotten the feel for the LPF standard yet, but I personally would remind it is not mind control.

Anyway, things look in order enough for:
STAMP! Francis has his first APPROVAL for LPF!

At this point I'd let you know you can enter the DWI and begin roleplaying there, but the point is a little moot. :) Anyway, just decide how you want to handle the language issue and what you'd like to do with the 'passed out on the floor' ditty and you should be good.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads