Character Submission Thread

grtrtle

First Post
Illiolidenna Galilia is now up for approval! Be gentle it's my first post to the site so I expect some errors with format.

--Rabbage.

Welcome. A few quick hits as I'm taking a quick first pass:

Mechanics:
1) Under HP Option, you'll want to select ROLL or MAX-2 (most select MAX-2, I assume)
2) Totals for saves should be +2 / +4 / +2
3) Ranged sling damage should be 1d3-2 (str penalty applies to slings)
4) May want to note a separate Acrobatics(Jump) line at +1 (-4 speed penalty)
5) Some skills can be used untrained (Heal, Intimidate, etc); may want to update those just to have them handy
6) Did you select the Arcane Bloodline and take the Viper familiar? You'll want to note your bloodline somewhere, and give a statblock for your viper

Have you considered taking a cantrip like ray of frost or acid splash as an alternative to physical ranged attack? Or perhaps a crossbow, which doesn't have a str penalty?

Wilmorn looks forward to meeting you, assuming he survives his inaugural outing :)

Last edited:

Aura

Explorer
Thanks for making the suggestions, grtrtle; it really helps build the community. Once the issues are cleared up, you can approve the character as a non-judge (although one of the two initial approvals must come from a judge.) Once the character is fixed to the point you approve, just go into edit mode, scroll to the bottom, and put your name, date, and 'non-judge' in for the level 1 approval. (And we'll give you a minor reward of 0.1 DMC for each approval you've assisted with in such fashion, where 1 DMC = 30 days of time based gold/experience for a character of your choice.)

And Rabbage, welcome to the community, even if it's already been said. :)

grtrtle

First Post
Lola, the viper has been added to Illiolidenna's page!

Haven't tried to stat a viper before. I'll give it a shot here:
1) You'll want to note it's a Tiny Magical Beast. The Tiny is especially important, since if it needs to attack, it would have to get into the same square as the enemy.
2) The penalty for CMB/CMD is -2 for the Tiny size. BUT, a tiny creature also uses Dex for CMB, so:
2a) CMB should be +1 (-2 size, +3 dex, +0 bab)
2b) CMD should be 8 (10, -2 size, +3 dex, -3 str, +0 bab)
3) The Viper does not have Improved Initiative, so technically its INIT is +3.

Since your viper can use your ranks, keep an eye on when you up skills that your viper may use. There is a single rank somewhere for the viper right now, let's see if I can find it:

Climb* (+3 dex, +8 race (climb speed))
Perception +9 (+1 wis, +4 race)
Stealth +15 (+3 dex, +8 size, +4 race)
Swim* (+3 dex, +8 race (swim speed))

*Tiny creatures use dex instead of str for these checks

Can someone help with how the statblock gets to +9 for a viper's perception? Oh, and don't forget with the scent special ability, the viper gets +8 when checking perception by scent.

More edits: I just learned something! The 1d2-2 damage means the bite itself always deals 1 point of nonlethal damage. Now why isn't it -3 (for the str penalty)? I don't know.

Last edited:

grtrtle

First Post
Just caught something else. The viper's saves should be +1 / +5 / +3. I went ahead and changed it. I hereby APPROVE Illiolidenna and Lola!

Remove ads