• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Character Submission Thread

Trogdor1992

First Post
Yeah, I had the same issues when I first switched over, but give it time and you'll have it down cold. You'll (probably) never go back to 3.5 Also, welcome to the world of LPF!
Thanks for the welcome, I've already started noticing some things I like better than 3.5 but currently I like both. I play a 3.5 game on here as well.

Aura

Explorer
Reviewing Rak'Tan (Trogdor1992)
This is a good faith review of Rak'tan. Any errors are unintentional, just let me know and we'll work it out.

Things That Need Changing:
* None - Rak'Tan's mechanical issues are easily fixed/documentation stuff

Things I Changed:
* Changed greatsword damage from 1d10 to 2d6 (perhaps ealt misread this?).
* Changed CMD from 16 to 15, and Str contribution from 3 to 2.

Suggestions:
* I'd suggest flipping Str and Con to: Str 15, Con 14. You can then add to Str at level 4 and get better attack/damage.
* We do allow the alternate racial traits listed in Advanced Race Guide. Unless you are planning on dipping into sorcerer (which seems highly unlikely, given your Cha), you can trade that Fiendish Sorcery in for a Prehensile Tail if you like.
* I don’t recommend Armor Expert to fighters, since they reduce ACP as a class ability. However, not having it will be a minor hinderance at lower levels.
* As previously noted, more background development would be nice. It’s not required, though—but it really does help you and your DMs.
* Also Recommend spending more money, particularly on things like adventuring gear. Also, a dagger is a good thing to have.

Rak'Tan is APPROVED for play in LPF. Feel free to enter the Dunn Wright Inn thread and pass the time there until adventure comes your way. We're always working to get new games, including low levels ones, started.

Trogdor1992

First Post
Reviewing Rak'Tan (Trogdor1992)
This is a good faith review of Rak'tan. Any errors are unintentional, just let me know and we'll work it out.

Things That Need Changing:
* None - Rak'Tan's mechanical issues are easily fixed/documentation stuff

Things I Changed:
* Changed greatsword damage from 1d10 to 2d6 (perhaps ealt misread this?).
* Changed CMD from 16 to 15, and Str contribution from 3 to 2.

Suggestions:
* I'd suggest flipping Str and Con to: Str 15, Con 14. You can then add to Str at level 4 and get better attack/damage.
* We do allow the alternate racial traits listed in Advanced Race Guide. Unless you are planning on dipping into sorcerer (which seems highly unlikely, given your Cha), you can trade that Fiendish Sorcery in for a Prehensile Tail if you like.
* I don’t recommend Armor Expert to fighters, since they reduce ACP as a class ability. However, not having it will be a minor hinderance at lower levels.
* As previously noted, more background development would be nice. It’s not required, though—but it really does help you and your DMs.
* Also Recommend spending more money, particularly on things like adventuring gear. Also, a dagger is a good thing to have.

Rak'Tan is APPROVED for play in LPF. Feel free to enter the Dunn Wright Inn thread and pass the time there until adventure comes your way. We're always working to get new games, including low levels ones, started.
I did switch to the tail, and will work on buying a few things

Remove ads