Character Submission Thread

Qik

First Post
If you want to play a Grenadier, make a proposal - I've thought about doing so myself, so you have my vote. ;)

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I think under feats you should look at getting Focused Shot.

It only applies to bows and crossbows but has the pre req. Precise Shot which you should have for your bombs anyway.

Not to delay anything any longer but maybe dropping STR to 13 and upping DEX to 15 (so it can be 16 at 4th level) would be another way to go.

HM

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
So far over at the wiki I see...

Need to lose one Language
Favored bonus no longer applies to HP (If you are using the racial feature +1/2 dmg to bombs, list that under racial features Favored Class) - still needs to be spent.

Added class features. To get your Grenadier archtype you would need a proposal. You would lose the Extra bombs feat for a martial weapon prof. but I don't see where that's a hassle.

Added feats and traits as is from your sheet. Did not add Trait bonus to skills as you are stil lacking the umm... suit.

Added skills based on your sheet. Note I added in thives tools into equipment below or you would get a -2 to Disable Device.

Spells I erased and listed as TBD. You get all cantrips (plus Spark) and 7 1st level formulae.

Under Equipment I listed your armor, bolts and the thieves tools. Note: This cost you the MW Backpack(Your load is still light) if you want to trade that back out you will lose the thieves tools and need to add a -2 to Disable Device.

So you need to...

Lose a language
Pick your FC bonus
Pick formulae
Make sure you are ok with current equipment

HM

dammitbiscuit

First Post
Very, very cool, and thank you.

I'll make a proposal, yeah. It's a pretty neat archetype.

It's a complicated month - I'm in the middle of a lot of things, which is not helping my patience. Things I'm optimizing or dealing with: switching from verizon to either virgin or boost, picking out a new phone, getting an eviction and deciding where to move, deciding which car to keep, and of course rewriting Bipper 30 times or so.

Re: Cosmopolitan / Low Will

I think I'd rather use traits and enjoy the nifty little +1 bonuses I get, and take the feat Iron Will at some point. I know Str and Cha are better dump stats for Alchemists, but that just doesn't suit Bipper. I think I'm a little less dangerous to the party than a barbarian - full of tricks and useful over time, but not likely to one-shot critkill anyone any time soon.

Even with Iron Will, a +1 trait bonus and a +1 racial bonus, it's still going to be a really crappy save. I'm actually not sure that dragging my odds from "guaranteed to fail" to "almost certain to fail" is worth the investment. Perfectly well-rounded characters are boring anyways. ;)

Re: More Immediate Concerns

Fixed
Bomb damage at all levels unless I indicate otherwise
Fixed
I got my backpack back!

Thanks again!

Qik

First Post
If you're thinking Iron Will, I'd personally grab the Tumor Familiar discovery - the hedgehog familiar would give you +2 Will, the Alertness feat, and all the other perks of a familiar. Just a thought.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Well everything looks ready except the Formulae list. And you can tell I don't play many Alchemist I didn't remember they don't get Cantrips.

You have two out of your six listed but to get an Approval from me (and probably a judge) you will need to pick the other four first.

HM

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Ten minutes from clocking in and Can't seem to edit from my phone. Would someone please add an approval from me.

Just need a judges now.

HM

Qik

First Post
db - were you going to go straight alchemist? B/c if you were going to add an archetype, or make a proposal for the Grenadier, you should do that before getting approved.

dammitbiscuit

First Post
Nah, I've held up the game long enough, I just wanna get started. If it doesn't pan out in play that's what the single forgiveness rule is for - but I have to actually play to find that out! :)

Remove ads