Character Submission Thread

Chronikoce

First Post
Given he has a 7 Cha, Vax seems a lot more personable in the Tavern than I'd generally expect, at least so far.

That is very very true. I will have to tone that down a bit.

--Edit--
My goal is to try to play the low charisma as socially inept due to him being loud, boisterous, and clueless to personal boundaries rather than the sullen quiet type. I don't think he is behaving nearly to the level of socially inept that a 7 would dictate. Definitely going to work on that.

Last edited:

Systole

First Post
http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Aedger_Beinn_(vmaaxt)

He's mostly done, except for his companion. I don't know where in the sheet I should put it. Thanks!

EDIT: Changed link to make it for correct page.

• The Adopted trait gives you a race trait, not a racial trait, so you can't pick up the human skilled bonus. That will drop your skill points by 1 as well.
  • Satin Knights will tell you to grab a dagger for a backup weapon/close combat/general use.
  • I assume the scimitar and shortbow are for your companion.
  • I can't see anywhere on your sheet as to whether you channel positive or negative energy. Might have missed it, however.
  • A medium load will reduce your speed to 20'. It will also give you a -3 penalty to skill checks due to encumbrance.
  • Aasimars begin play also speaking Celestial.
  • While not absolutely necessary, a picture helps.
[sblock=Suggested portrait for Aedger]
GothDork1.jpg
[/sblock]

vmaaxt

First Post
Aedger Beinn

Changes: Aedger-Current
[MENTION=93930]Systole[/MENTION]:

• The Adopted trait gives you a race trait, not a racial trait, so you can't pick up the human skilled bonus. That will drop your skill points by 1 as well.
Thanks. Made that change. Why would a cleric need Know:Arcana, anyway?

• Satin Knights will tell you to grab a dagger for a backup weapon/close combat/general use.
That was what the morningstar is for, and a dagger would put me into medium load now. I gave one to my friend, though

• I assume the scimitar and shortbow are for your companion.
Yep. I realize that the Bestiary listing for a skellie doesn't list bows as proficient weapons, but I'm hoping it will be okay, because they inherit the proficiencies of the base creature.

• I can't see anywhere on your sheet as to whether you channel positive or negative energy. Might have missed it, however.
Negative, but I made it clear.

• A medium load will reduce your speed to 20'. It will also give you a -3 penalty to skill checks due to encumbrance.
Having my companion carry some of my things put us both in light loads. Barely, for me.

• Aasimars begin play also speaking Celestial.
Sweet! Never too many languages.

• While not absolutely necessary, a picture helps.
I will probably use that. What is the best way to include it in my sheet?
[MENTION=40413]GlassEye[/MENTION]:

I didn't see any gods of undeath, and I didn't know how malleable the LPF pantheon is. I included a reference to my own deity in the character description. I figured that coming from the Northern Isle, it would be easier for me to worship a god that nobody has heard of. Previously, though I was a "force of will" cleric.

GlassEye

Adventurer
I didn't see any gods of undeath, and I didn't know how malleable the LPF pantheon is. I included a reference to my own deity in the character description. I figured that coming from the Northern Isle, it would be easier for me to worship a god that nobody has heard of. Previously, though I was a "force of will" cleric.

The LPF pantheon is malleable in that one is always free to submit a proposal for the addition of a new deity. Personally, I'm not a fan of benign undead such as you describe but it's not breaking any rules. IMO, force of will isn't a valid option for a cleric so thanks for the addition of deity names.

Qik

First Post
I have to say I kind of agree with GE's comment on benign undead. Moveover, while maybe the PC's circumstances on Illi Esse allowed for a use of undead that was socially acceptable (I actually thought that was cleverly formulated), there's no way that's going to be the case in Venza and the surrounding territories. If for no other reason than Venza just dealt with an outbreak of violent undead.

Just some food for thought. I tend to give players' fluff the benefit of the doubt, and try not to arbitrarily penalize them for it, but even I would have a hard time running an in-city adventure without a PC's skeleton sidekick being significantly disruptive. I'm open to alternative work-arounds for this issue, but I do believe it exists.

Not trying to disparage you! Glad to see some new blood around here. Just voicing my thoughts and concerns. I know some of the LPF DMs would definitely penalize a PC with an undead sidekick.

Remove ads