• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Character Submission Thread

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Kae'than [Garick83]

@Garick83 ,

Background: open or closed
- this is minor, but open means that DMs and players can use your background ion creating features in the world of E'n; close meams
not to be used.

initiative and concentration: misc bonuses
-need to list where misc bonuses are from [fixed]

Weapon, rapier: damage - Pierce: Special
-is there a special that I do not know about, or was this accidently left there? [not fixed]

favored class: option taken
-not listed [fixed]

more to come .. .. ..

Skills
Acrobatics: Total did not include Ability Modifier [fixed]
climb: You do not get the class skill bonus if you do not have any ranks in the skill [fixed]
craft: reminder - craft skill is pretty much useless as per the crafting rules for E'n/LPF
Fly: IIRC, you do not have a number here until you can fly .. .. .. .. ..Judges?
intimidate: You do not get the class skill bonus if you do not have any ranks in the skill [fixed]
Knowledge dungeoneering: You do not get the class skill bonus if you do not have any ranks in the skill [fixed]
percetion: what is the misc bonus from? need to list it at the bottom, please [not fixed] **
Profession: You do not get the class skill bonus if you do not have any ranks in the skill [fixed]
spellcraft: what is the misc bonus from? need to list it at the bottom, please [not fixed] **
swim: You do not get the class skill bonus if you do not have any ranks in the skill [fixed]
use magic device: You do not get the class skill bonus if you do not have any ranks in the skill [fixed]
** if the misc bonus is conditional, I think it needs to be taken out of the total and noted of the condition on the right side:
Spellcraft 8 1 3 4 [+2 when blah blah blah]

more to come .. .. ..

nice spell list!

equipment
Weapons: might I suggest a dagger. its easier to eat a chunk of hot taters with a dagger then a rapier, and in a close fight its a good thing to have.

also maybe get a few sunsticks?
a few formatting things [fixed]

Personal curiosity: background
does the father have a name?
Is there a translation of what Quel'nar?
Does the patchwork cloak represent the travels and research of his father?

over all good, but with the th things in red, sorry: not approved yet

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
[MENTION=6696592]Chronikoce[/MENTION], let your friend know his character has been looked at and awaits his return.

Garick83

First Post
I can't quote text as of yet, so this is in response to Scott DeWar

Fixed: Rapier special
+2 Perception comes from Keen Senses, noted now on sheet
+2 Spellcraft comes from Elven Magic, noted now on sheet
You are correct about fly skill. Removed +1 from sheet

Patchwork cloak was for so my character would have a cloak of some sort. I didn't realize that it was tied to bards and what not. Is there simple cloak somewhere?

Also I have a name for Kae'than's father, however I didn't know whether or not if I should post it here because I was planning on creating him at a later date.

Quel'nar has a translation in the Deity section of the sheet. Would it be more appropriate to post it in the background section and remove that from the Deity section?

Chronikoce

First Post
Garick says he addressed some of the points you brought up and posted some questions. I guess his ENworld account is under some sort of probation stage where his posts need to be approved by a moderator before they will show up. If his stuff isn't visible by Monday evening I will try to post the questions he has up for him.

Also Triela is still looking for a second approval if anyone has free time, not a big rush on this one because I was probably going to wait to introduce her in the Dunn Wright until Garick's posting issues get figured out.

Satin Knights

First Post
I went through and did a bit of review work and editing on Kae'than.

a) You have a dagger, so I added it to the weapons table.
b) I did a lot of little cleanups changes to keep the sheet consistent with our others. Things like inserting Magus for Class, etc.
c) I don't recognize your deity. Normally you get to chose from the following deities. Looking at the bottom, at the fluff, 'Oh, okay'. I want to consult with the judges to double check that it fits in with our current dragon lore. I have some ideas and hidden stuff that fits in well with this concept.
d) Skills: a lot of cleanup to make it match the style everyone else has.
e) You are missing something from your inventory. You get it for free from your class, but it will bump you up into the next weight category. So, you may want to do a bit of shuffling. You kind of need it unless you are going to be just a fighter with a pretentious name. :blush:
A Spellbook!
:blush:
f) The coins were off a bit. Fixed.

Close, but not yet. A good, solid character. He just needs a couple tweaks.

Garick83

First Post
I fixed the spellbook issue. Let me know how the deity works out. Otherwise resubmitted.

Still can't link but its the same as above.

Garick83

First Post
Ah yes. I have reviewed post 860 and updated the sheet accordingly. I have also made the changes giving by Satin Knights.

Ah yes it seems I must work to my 10+ posts once again. All in good time. Thank you all for your patience. Interested in hearing your thoughts on Kae'than.

Remove ads