Check Out The Forge Domain From Xanathar's Guide

As part of the Extra Life charity campaign, WotC has released a preview of the Forge Domain from Xanathar's Guide to Everything. Head on over to donate and unlock more previews. There are two more previews unlocked which should be released imminently, so stay tuned - the table of contents and a "Drawing of in-game Tortle champion asset, from Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms".

Aldarc

Legend
Anyone else think that it's kinda underpowered and uninspiring? At 1st level it's pretty great but once you get past about 5-6th, it's going to basically drop off until it becomes kinda redundant.
Get a follower and use it on them. When that gets redundant, pick up new followers, and repeat.

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
Realism is for museums. Fantasy art should look fantastic.
I'm going to disagree with you both. I think different art directions should be used to differentiate the differing setting. (Yes, I did that on purpose.) The standard 5e art hither to now should be used only for the Forgotten Realms, If the do any Greyhawk supplements, I'd like to see a more grounded, realistic, and historical approach. Consequently, I'd like Dark Sun to retain the Brom-esque art, Planescape to keep its art direction, and so on. This gives each setting its own character visually.

G

Guest 6801328

It's medieval fantasy not ridiculous fantasy so it should look medieval, not ridiculous.

I happen to prefer an medieval aesthetic also, but where exactly is it stated that D&D takes place in a "medieval" setting? Are you assuming that because some technologies correspond to those that appeared in the medieval period in our own history? That's certainly a reasonable assumption, but by no means the only reasonable conclusion.

gyor

Legend
Anyone else notice their is a blank spot that looks like a posted note on one of the Forge Cleric's pages?

I believe the little story bits, discussed by Jeremy in the War Mage video, but for the Forge Cleric goes there.

I bet all or most of the Subclasses get that.

Li Shenron

Legend
The idea, IMO, is that crafters and artisans should also have a knack with identifying magic items.

Yes, obviously. And it's not totally out of place, just slightly because the Forge Cleric is actually not really a magic items crafter, since all she can do is temporarily add a mere + bonus to attack/damage/AC. But then also the Wizard (or anyone else who can learn Identify) isn't a magic items crafter either, so as I said it's not totally wrong.

Hussar

Legend
I think I'd require at least a mold, though I might let the whole process work towards an ability check to pick the lock.

A Wisdom check with advantage probably.

Considering it takes an hour, what are the odds that anyone is EVER going to use it this way?

Remove ads

Remove ads