• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Check Out The Forge Domain From Xanathar's Guide

As part of the Extra Life charity campaign, WotC has released a preview of the Forge Domain from Xanathar's Guide to Everything. Head on over to donate and unlock more previews. There are two more previews unlocked which should be released imminently, so stay tuned - the table of contents and a "Drawing of in-game Tortle champion asset, from Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms".

Aldarc

Legend
Other than ceremonial armour, what armour in the renaissance was ridiculous?
However practical it may be, most full plate looks pretty silly to me. Of course, I don't see the big deal of embellished fantastical armor in a world of magical crafting, wizards, and dragons. But then again, I suppose the demands for historical realism exists for the most petty of places.

mykesfree

Adventurer
For those that are commenting about the armor my 2 coppers. It is a Forge Cleric.
Armor and weapons for this particular Cleric should stand out as being fantastical and noticeably different in some way.

dropbear8mybaby

Banned
Banned
It's exciting fantasy not boring fantasy so it should look exciting, not boring.

Stupid armour and weapons are boring to me. Real world armour and weapons are much more interesting and exciting. Then again, I'm satisfied with the size of what I have to work with. Others seem to be compensating through fantasy.

Aldarc

Legend
Stupid armour and weapons are boring to me. Real world armour and weapons are much more interesting and exciting. Then again, I'm satisfied with the size of what I have to work with. Others seem to be compensating through fantasy.
That's why I have my D&D characters accomplish simple things like sweeping streets instead of saving kingdoms and stopping apocalypses.

Chaosmancer

Legend
So, almost no mechanical discussion, instead a lot of complaints about art...

Sounds about right.

The rules do seem to be nearly identical to the UA version, which might mean a lot more of these subclasses are going to be almost identical to their UA version.

Still, looking forward to seeing this one.

dropbear8mybaby

Banned
Banned
I feel like you're judging my next character.
Yes, yes that's exactly what I'm doing.

That's why I have my D&D characters accomplish simple things like sweeping streets instead of saving kingdoms and stopping apocalypses.
Don't be silly. You know you're being disingenuous. Real world weapons and armour are cool. There's loads of very interesting history behind them. There's no need to embellish and it's frustrating to search through hundreds of pictures of art only to find everything only suitable to someone with an anime fixation. You have loads of that type of art for yourself, why begrudge me a desire to have more art for my preferences?

So, almost no mechanical discussion, instead a lot of complaints about art...
I've discussed the mechanics more than you have and all you seem to have done is complain about complaints.

Remove ads

Remove ads