Chicago Area Gamers Wanted

FunnyDice

First Post
We are looking to join or form a new local gaming group with other mature professionals (or at least the gainfully-employed who also have to get up in the morning).

We just moved to Chicago, and miss hanging out with our friends, ordering pizza, and gaming for a few hours. Here's our stats: non-smokers, degreed, married couple, employed in technical and creative fields, early thirties, can host, CHA 18, opening to GMing if needed.

Other good things to know: We're not munchkin gamers, and will not show up dressed in elf ears, or carry fake swords. We solemnly promise not to tell you about our characters unless you ask, and (it has to be said) we don't view hygiene as *optional*. We are also not above bribing a GM with beer.

We regularly played DnD, and other D20 variants with our (*snif*) old group. But, we also think Call of Cuthulu is a hoot, and just tried out Pulp Cuthulu at GenCon this year.

In addition to RPG's, we enjoy boardgames quite a bit. We have amassed a collection of them over the years, including a few cheap-ass games, roborally, apples to apples (who doesn't like that one?), Munkins, Chez Geek, and many more. They make great ice-breakers, and an excuse to get together even if the GM didn't have time to prepare the session.

So - if this all sounds terribly good to you, send us a reply. Maybe we can get some folks together and roll funny shaped dice!

waterdhavian

First Post
Welcome to the boards and welcome to Chicago! I'm located on the Northwest side and know that it may be daunting to find a new group but they are out there. I would check out some local gaming stores. Games-Plus in Mount Prospect is a great place to shop and find others. I would be interested but due to school starting up again my schedule is nearly full.

waterdhavian

First Post
cool, I know that there are a few shops that sell gaming products like gamers paradise. At most of these they have bulletins for trades and looking for groups. Comic shops may also be a good place to check out. Otherwise with enough bumps this post will catch a few peoples eyes.

I'm in Portage Park just outside of Jefferson Park. I have found it really hard to actually find people from inside the city limits. Most are from the "chicago area" but that could be anywhere ;)

JoeGKushner

First Post
I know a few people.

Shoot me an e-mail at joegkushner at yahoo dot com and I'll forward your information to some of the other people I know interested in gaming. :)

thorun09

First Post
We play in the south burbs (Blue Island), and have Metra very close. We meet every other Saturday morning and are looking to add a couple of players. Our environment is friendly, and we are mostly in our mid 30's (except my 12 year old son). We have 4 campaigns, each going about 3 months (Axe of Dwarvish Lords, Rod of Seven Parts, Bloodstone series, and misc adventures) all set in FR setting. If your interested please contact me @ thorun@comcast.net. We'd love to give you and your wife a shot @ gaming with us.

Bobbo

Kelleris

Explorer
I'd be interested in meeting you and your wife and getting a game going. I just arrived in Chicago from Texas - I'm a philosophy graduate student at Loyola University of Chicago - and I need a group. Can't bring anyone else along with me, though. You can get in touch with me at mkelsey at luc dot edu. Thanks!

Enforcer

Explorer
I'm interested in joining a Chicago-area game. I understand Bucktown is easily accessible via the CTA, which is really my only requirement. I'm 25, male, work for a downtown law firm as a paralegal, and live in the Hyde Park area. Oh, and I assure you my hygiene is satisfactory :). My former group has kind of failed due to various people moving, so I'd like to get into another one.

In addition to D&D and all d20 variants, I'm also game for Shadowrun, Exalted, and board games. I'm always happy to try something new. I own a copy of the A Game of Thrones Board Game (not to be confused with the RPG published by Guardians of Order, though I have that too) and have always wanted to play it with the full group of five.

Please email me at "jon (dot) leopold (at) gmail (dot) com" if you'd like to know more about me, thank you.

AstroCat

Adventurer
I'm also on the Chicago north side, maybe looking for a game ...email sent. :)

I'd like to, if possible, find a lower level setting to start so I can re-learn and get back in to things. Perhaps the Greyhawk setting could be fun.

Last edited:

Remove ads