Chicago Area Gamers Wanted

AlexanderDeath

First Post
Okay Folks - here it is

Saturday the 9th @ 1:30 (Dont worry about being prompt)

Location: Cafe Origin 5062 N Lincoln Ave Chicago [773] 271-1209

What ya might bring? Character Concepts, Past Experiances with Games, blah blah. I am actually going to double that day as a character creation day for my other 2-3 players who I have (tentativly) confirmed for game.

Note to Astro: My offer still stands about doing some 1-off low level games to get you in the know for D20, same goes mostly with anyone, I dont mind being a teacher.

Enforcer

Explorer
AlexanderDeath said:
Saturday the 9th @ 1:30 (Dont worry about being prompt)

Location: Cafe Origin 5062 N Lincoln Ave Chicago [773] 271-1209

What ya might bring? Character Concepts, Past Experiances with Games, blah blah. I am actually going to double that day as a character creation day for my other 2-3 players who I have (tentativly) confirmed for game.

Note to Astro: My offer still stands about doing some 1-off low level games to get you in the know for D20, same goes mostly with anyone, I dont mind being a teacher.
So this is a separate meeting from the one Friday night? Or has the Friday night one been replaced with the above.

FunnyDice

First Post
There are 2 Meetings!

Good question about the meetings - lets be sure to be clear so no one misses out.

-There is one meeting on Friday evening at 8 pm for a NEW campaign.

-There is another meeting on Saturday at 1:30 pm for AlexanderDeath's Forgetten Realm campaign.

See below for the times and places, and watch the thread for any changes.

Hope to see you all this weekend!

AstroCat

Adventurer
AlexanderDeath said:
Thanks for the lesson sessions offer, I might take you up on that. Totally appreciated.

I will probably be able to come to both meetings and check them out, not 100% sure I can make both but I will try.

Overall, I don't know if I can commit to 2 games, but I at least want to check them out and meet people and we'll see. One for sure though.

I've recently been getting in to the D&D skirmish miniature game as well, so I'm starting to amass a good collection of minis, so I'll have those to offer up for whatever game(s) end up happening. :)

Kelleris

Explorer
Aargh, I lost track of this thread (my e-mail reminders are being sent to a defunct account). Would it be alright if I showed up on Friday for this coffee shop thing? A bit late to be poking my head in, I know, but I'd love to join a group that's newly forming instead of having to hope in on an established one.

Last edited:

Enforcer

Explorer
Kelleris said:
Aargh, I lost track of this thread (my e-mail reminders are being sent to a defunct account). Would it be alright if I showed up on Friday for this coffee shop thing? A bit late to be poking my head in, I know.
FunnyDice does say she hopes to see some walk-ins on Friday, so I assume it's okay for you (or anyone else) to show up tomorrow.

FunnyDice

First Post
Kelleris - Sure you're welcome Friday, but I should warn you - the only character we have left is the paladin's steed. And it's a daschund. :)

...just kidding. Please join us! The more the merrier! I'm betting you'll have no trouble picking out the group of gamers at Filter, but I'll be wearing a brown hat if that helps. Once again - we are still deciding what system we are going to play, and right now we have one offer to GM (though he'd rather be a player, so other offers would be welcome too).

see you there!
-Funny Dice

Enforcer

Explorer
As I read more of my Eberron books, I'm getting warmer to the idea of GMing. We'll see what people want to play and what their play-styles are.

Remove ads