Chicago Area Gamers Wanted

FunnyDice

First Post
Thanks for the responses!

Thanks for all the interest! here is where we are at...

We are talking to a local Rogers Park guy about joining his game. But with all the reponses we have here, there we have quite a few options! This is great!

We would really like to stay in the city since travel time is easier. Of the solitary respondants looking for a game - would any of you be willing to GM?

Thanks,
FunnyDice

Enforcer

Explorer
I might be persuaded to GM...for the right game.

My ideal game would consist of:
-Fun and interesting combat, including descriptions more complex than "I attack." (I once played a game where we rarely fought, which got fairly boring for my Warforged Fighter with the cool but mysterious past).
-Characters with personalities and who have a reason to work together. Badass loner types who never open up need not apply.
-A story that's fun and interesting, but doesn't take itself too seriously--as gamers we're not improving upon the Iliad, we're just spending a few hours having fun with friends.

If I were to run, I'd prefer to run the following (in order of most preferred to still cool but not as preferred):
-D&D 3.5 in Eberron with a kitchen-sink approach (psionics included because I love the kalashtar, but not necessarily a focus)
-Exalted 2nd Edition (this is a White Wolf game of HIGH fantasy where you play demi-gods reclaiming the glory of an Age long past)
-A Game of Thrones d20 (based on the fabulous George R.R. Martin novels)
-Mutants and Masterminds in a gritty supers setting
-Shadowrun 4e

AstroCat

Adventurer
FunnyDice said:
Thanks for all the interest! here is where we are at...

We are talking to a local Rogers Park guy about joining his game. But with all the reponses we have here, there we have quite a few options! This is great!

We would really like to stay in the city since travel time is easier. Of the solitary respondants looking for a game - would any of you be willing to GM?

Thanks,
FunnyDice

Likewise, I'd like to stay in the Chicago, north side world. I'm too rusty to DM a full on group. As for playing, something easy to start, low level, Greyhawk, maybe Eberron would be cool, but I'm flexible.

I'm open most weekday nights, weekends are a little harder.

Keep me posted. :)

FunnyDice

First Post
Cool idea!

Game day sounds like a really neat idea! We'll have to see if we can get out there this October. Thanks for tip!

Hey Games Plus - Ever think of opening up a Bucktown location? :D There's a few sizable spaces for lease right on Damen, down the street from the blue line. (We'd be customers!)

Saturday we are meeting with a GM. We'll keep the thread informed!

Thanks everyone,
-FD

FunnyDice

First Post
In case anyone was wondering - the meeting with a possible GM fell through yesterday (sat). Trying for a meeting today. Will keep you all posted. Once we know what's going on with this game offer, we can better talk about the possibility of starting up a second campaign with the other palyers who expressed interest here.

Thanks again!

FunnyDice

First Post
Met with the GM from Rodgers Park...

OK! We met with the GM from Rogers Park, and he might be posting on this thread for additional players, so keep an eye out. He's got a long standing Forgotten Realms campaign going on, but as luck (and the school year) would have it, it's whittled down to one player recently.

Details are still to be worked out, but there is interest on both sides to get gaming. We proposed playing every other Saturday.

So - for all you solitary players looking for a game, are you interested in starting up an additional campaign? Do we still have an offer to GM? As working stiffs, weekends (or fri nights) are better for us, and every other week has worked out as a good interval in the past. If you are interested, post a reply so we can get a head count. We'll try to set up a meetin 'n greet with everyone at a coffee house or something.

Thanks everyone!

Remove ads