Chicago Gameday XIX 3/15/08: Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim C Koppang

First Post
Hero's Banner in the Afternoon

Hey all!

Sign me up to run a game of Hero's Banner in the afternoon.

Further details to follow, but I'll be running through a complete episode, and I can handle three to four players.

Thanks; I'm looking forward to it!

Tim C Koppang

First Post
Piratecat said:
Tim, that game looks really cool. How many years has it been around?
Thanks! Hero's Banner came out in the latter half of 2006. When the sign-up thread goes up, feel free to sign up for the game and check it out. Love to have you.

EDIT: Whoa, just noticed you're in Boston. Road trip, perhaps? :)

thalmin

Retired game store owner
And Piratecat is hosting the Boston GameDay at the same time as ours (not the first time we have shared a day.)

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
Ninjacat said:
Vyvyan Basterd, Laurie, are you guys gonna make this one?

We will be there despite our neighbors efforts to schedule a Progressive Dinner (whatever the heck that is) for the same day.

Buzz, please sign me up in the opposite slot of Ninjacat. D&D 3.5 Book of Nine Swords high-level adventure. I'll get more details up later, I'm being beckoned to play Munchkin right now. :)

WJMacGuffin

Explorer
If I could, I’d like an afternoon slot for:

Game #: Wireless Memory Downgrade (WMD)
PARANOIA XP
8 players

Rumors are treason because they’re always false. Take the rumor that an entire sector has been evacuated. If it were true, we have heard about it on the news. The rumor that vending machines and doors are killing people? Just plain silly. That so many Troubleshooter teams have died investigating the evacuated sector that The Computer is drafting regular citizens into new teams? That doesn’t even make sense. Well, I gotta run. Remember, rumors are treason!

Oh, I almost forgot! The Computer has drafted you into a new Troubleshooter team. I’m sure your mission will be safe and glamorous. Have fun!

-------------------------------------------------

PARANOIA is the best damn rpg ever! Do you really want to play D&D again? What is wrong with you? Drop the d4s and play a real game for ….

(Cut! Too inflammatory. Focus on the game’s strengths.)

PARANOIA is a darkly humorous science fiction rpg set in a dystopian future where you aren’t the hero—you don’t even matter! You don’t need to know any rules because it’s against the rules to know the rules! Your character will die multiple times because the GM hates you! Everyone will laugh as your character gets mangled repeatedly!

(Cut! Too, um, real. Try again.)

PARANOIA is fun. Other games are not-fun. Play PARANOIA.

(Eh, good enough.)

Players and in-game roles:
1. Team Leader:
2. Comm Officer:
3. Equipment Guy:
4. Happiness Officer:
5. Loyalty Officer:
6. Hygiene Officer:
7. Medical Officer:
8. Bait:

Tofu_Master

Explorer
Hee Hee, another GameDay another chance to kick some demon butt!!! :D Count me on board, Ninjacat. See ya then, friend.

Hope you're feelin' better Reid. :eek: It'll be nice to see you @ GameDay!

HinterWelt

First Post
Let's see. I should be able to run Shaolin Squirrels and Squirrels Ahoy in four hours...hmmm, so tough.

Buzz, could I have a slot in the afternoon for Squirrels Ahoy unless popular demand for Shaolin Squirrels rises to the top. I will bring my Squirrel Attack! the Board Game in case we have some extra time. In general, I will expect to be pretty squirrelly the whole day. ;)

Bill

buzz

Adventurer
Tim C Koppang, Vyvyan Basterd, WJMacGuffin, HinterWelt... added.

Tim, I went ahead and listed your game as being for 4 players.

HinterWelt, how many players?

buzz

Adventurer
BTW, since the afternoon filled up so fast, I added a 7th event spot. We don't need to fill it, but we can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads