• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chicago Gameday XIX 3/15/08: Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No events for me this gameday--I'm expending my creative juices planning for 4 classrooms of high schoolers.

But damn you all and your good events that I want to play in. There's already conflicts between events I want to play in.

Jerks. ;)

Ninjacat

First Post
buzz said:
I still have the pic, so don't sweat it.

Booyah, Sir, and thanks. (I've still got it on my site, but I'd have to go into the admin to figure out where the heck it actually is, lol.)

Also, Vyvyan Basterd emailed me, wondering if we could swap slots, so as to spread the D&D a bit more evenly. Like I said before, I'm catering to my players here, and I rather like the look of a couple of the afternoon slots (Trev, I feel your pain! Darn cool stuff, all happening at the same time...) so if you could swap my SPN event to the morning and Vyvyan Basterd's D&D to the afternoon, that'd be swell. *g*

-Thanks!

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
Dark Blade Rising
D&D 3.5

Hidden away in the Barrier Peaks, a secret society practices a martial path unknown to most of the Flanaess. Here, in the Temple of Nine Swords, the elders of the Sublime Way seek to train trustworthy followers to fight against the evils of the world. They gather weapons of great legacy to aid them in this battle. A recent foray into the mountain of the white plume recently turned up a weapon of unspeakable evil. A black blade created with the singular purpose to devour souls. The elders sent operatives scouting for a means to destroy the blade. One returned with news of a strange metallic fortress buried in the peaks to the north. A team of initiates was sent to find a way to destroy the blade within the alien fortress. But something foul has befallen the scout, an unimaginable event and the elders fear the worst. You have been called upon to ensure the blade has not fallen into the hands of evil. You’ve witnessed the power of your enemy, what they did to your brethren and you know that this evil must be stopped.

This event uses the Tome of Battle: Book of Nine Swords expansion. Familiarity with the rules is helpful but not required. 17th-level pre-generated characters will be provided and available for review before the event. Please choose a character when you sign up (characters will be available soon Buzz).

Lachet of the Desert Wind – Jade Phoenix Mage
Medid, Devoted of Wee Jas – Ruby Knight Vindicator
Sihol of the Diamond Mind – Eternal Blade
Dokhum of the Iron Heart – Bloodstorm Blade
Tulan Seine – Shadow Sun Ninja
Raphek of the Stone Dragon – Deepstone Sentinel
Nequill of the Tiger Claw – Bloodclaw Master
Wiston the White – Master of Nine

buzz

Adventurer
Vyvyan Basterd said:
Lachet of the Desert Wind – Jade Phoenix Mage
Medid, Devoted of Wee Jas – Ruby Knight Vindicator
Sihol of the Diamond Mind – Eternal Blade
Dokhum of the Iron Heart – Bloodstorm Blade
Tulan Seine – Shadow Sun Ninja
Raphek of the Stone Dragon – Deepstone Sentinel
Nequill of the Tiger Claw – Bloodclaw Master
Wiston the White – Master of Nine
*All* of the PCs are Bo9S classes? THAT IS AWESOME. :cool:

Aside: For a 17th-level one-shot, you might want to consider the character sheet format WotC did for their 20th-level GenCon delve in '06 ('07?). Google is failing me right now, but I have copies of the sheets I can forward.

EDIT: I think these are the ones

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
buzz said:
*All* of the PCs are Bo9S classes? THAT IS AWESOME. :cool:

Aside: For a 17th-level one-shot, you might want to consider the character sheet format WotC did for their 20th-level GenCon delve in '06 ('07?). Google is failing me right now, but I have copies of the sheets I can forward.

EDIT: I think these are the ones

*I* would be OK with character sheets like this as a player. My regular players would probably moan and groan about "evil WoTC cheaping out on the character sheets." :D

I have one of the characters ready now as an example. What's the best way to post it here?

Edit: I was also going to attach the relevant maneuver cards to each PC. I assume this is OK since WoTC has them as a free download on their site.

buzz

Adventurer
Vyvyan Basterd said:
*I* would be OK with character sheets like this as a player. My regular players would probably moan and groan about "evil WoTC cheaping out on the character sheets." :D
Cheaping out?

Vyvyan Basterd said:
I have one of the characters ready now as an example. What's the best way to post it here?
You can post them as attachments when you post in a thread, or you can send them to me and I'll put them up on gameday.buzzmo.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads