• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chicago Gameday XXIII is July 18th: SIGN UP!

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Sorry to hear about that, Anthony. :( Get better!

Canceling that event affects the following people:
1. Dokomo
2. gperez1234
3. waterdhavian
4. jesusfreak444
5. Painfully
6. Gwen110

Unfortunately, we only have one more open seat in the afternoon. If some kind soul would like to pinch-hit and run a 5-6 seat event in the afternoon, it would be appreciated.

FWIW, I can handle up to seven seats, rather than the afore suggested five seats, for my afternoon game should no one be able to step up to run a full game. Also, if it comes to it, a couple of folks can play the Medieval Fantasy Combat Miniatures Game in the second slot on one of the 3 x 6 hightops, if they would like. It would only take about ten minutes to teach the rules and get them started, which I could do while the players in my RPG are getting acquainted with their pregen characters and one another. So, there's a couple more options for those needing an afternoon game.

I hope the eye gets better, AR!

Lifelike

First Post
Heya Buzz,

i'd like to give up my afternoon spot (Ashes to Valkyrie evening slot 5).

My summer classes are in finals week so I was on the fence about whether i could afford to sacrifice an entire day's work. Now that we have 6 gamers without slots, a half-day gaming seems like more than enough for me.

If there's interest in another 4e game, I'd be happy to either run my morning event twice (doesn't help two or three of the displaced, though) or run another 19th level romp through a dungeon crawly adventure.

If anyone has a whole mess of 3.5 characters of a particular level, I could pull something off the shelves and run that if people preferred.

Those are really the only two games I feel particularly comfortable running at short notice, though.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
If there's interest in another 4e game, I'd be happy to either run my morning event twice (doesn't help two or three of the displaced, though) or run another 19th level romp through a dungeon crawly adventure.

If anyone has a whole mess of 3.5 characters of a particular level, I could pull something off the shelves and run that if people preferred.

Those are really the only two games I feel particularly comfortable running at short notice, though.

Do you still have that Feng Shui stuff that you ran for us a few months back, or has that been recycled into something else?

buzz

Adventurer
FWIW, I can handle up to seven seats, rather than the afore suggested five seats, for my afternoon game should no one be able to step up to run a full game. Also, if it comes to it, a couple of folks can play the Medieval Fantasy Combat Miniatures Game in the second slot on one of the 3 x 6 hightops, if they would like. It would only take about ten minutes to teach the rules and get them started, which I could do while the players in my RPG are getting acquainted with their pregen characters and one another. So, there's a couple more options for those needing an afternoon game.
Thanks, Mark. jesusfreak444 grabbed seat 5 in your event. But I'm not going to mark it full just yet, given your offer.

Heya Buzz,

My summer classes are in finals week so I was on the fence about whether i could afford to sacrifice an entire day's work. Now that we have 6 gamers without slots, a half-day gaming seems like more than enough for me.
I certainly appreciate this, but please don't feel you have to sacrifice. I've removed you from that event, regardless.

Your call, sir. Two of the displaced people are already in your morning game, but we could possibly slide them into Mark's event. Think about it and let us know.

Or, if anyone else would like to step up, they are welcome.

ekb

First Post
Cancellation-Fest '09: WTF?

I have a draft of a "young magicians at a wizarding school" game that I could bring along with the intent of having experienced players such as ourselves trying to break it to bits in the afternoon. The system is very social and very simple - my 4 year old does well with it - so I could just go over it at the table.

If no one else has anything "real" to run in the afternoon, I'll take anyone who wants to walk up and sit in on it - booth-demo style, no big fuss. All you'll need is a d12 and maybe a pencil...

If this does come about, that means there will be a seat open in the McGuffin's "mystery game" meaning that there will still be some small amount of player choice. Which is always a good thing for a con, no matter the size.

buzz

Adventurer
ekb, another option to consider is to run your existing event in the afternoon. Unless we get a rash of walk-ins, you may be empty in the afternoon. Just a thought.

Dfranco83

First Post
Heya Buzz,

I know its always more awesome and educational to play in Shadowrun than studying for finals. However, its all good man and good luck with Finals.

Remove ads