• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Choose an RPG system for 'Saw'

RyvenCedrylle

First Post
My wife and I just got back from seeing Saw V and it got me thinking - were I to run a 'Saw'-like campaign, with the PCs in the 'game,' what system would I use? Maybe World of Darkness or Burning Wheel? Curious as to what you all might choose.

Greg K

Legend
I have only seen the first saw movie and I don't recall too much about it. I might try d20 Modern using the victim classes from RPG Objects's Blood and Blades: A Profiler's Guide to Slashers. I don't know if it would work or not, but it was the first thing that came to mind. I might also try using GURPS.

Last edited:

Derro

First Post
The thing about Dread is that the system is really player vs. him(her)self. Being physically responsible for the result of the challenge adds an element that is really only present in LARP. And it is very tense. I poo-pooed Dread a bit when it first came out but I take it all back. It is by far the best system for psychological horror one-shots to date.

Last edited by a moderator:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads