D&D Movie/TV Chris Pine tells Gamesradar+ he's "pretty confident" Honor Among Thieves sequel will happen

Inappropriate language
For dumping hard on the OG Snow White, which upset the traditionalist Disney fans alot, so the ones that are also Hunger Game fans would likely skip this one because of her.
Here's an article that goes into more detail.

It seems to me that the hatred began after a controversy involving West Side Story:

In June 2020, when West Side Story was in post-production, a Twitter user accused the film's lead actor Ansel Elgort of sexually assaulting her in 2014, when she was 17 and he was 20. Conveniently, Elgort did minimal press when the film was released that following year, leading to Zegler and her fellow female cast mates being constantly expected to answer for his allegations.

What she did say ("You just hope that the people involved are OK, that they are asked in a respectful manner and that they are given the opportunity to answer for themselves," she told the Hollywood Reporter) was considered by those following the story as a weak response.

In mid-2022, she told Elle the questions drastically impacted her mental health.

"I was sitting there having just turned 19, on the precipice of what was promised to be the biggest moment in my life, and was being held accountable [by the public] for accusations that not only had nothing to do with me but were made about a situation that was said to have occurred [five] years prior to when I had met and worked with this person," she said, reflecting on the press tour.

"With no thought to the fact that I was also 17 when I met this person, 17 when I worked with them, 17 and 18 when I had to do love scenes."

After its release, West Side Story was nominated for the most prestigious award in film: a Best Picture Oscar.

She was one of the film's leads, so many assumed she would be in attendance at the ceremony. That was until Zegler responded to a fan question about what she was wearing to say actually, no, she wasn't invited.

At the time, she was filming for Disney's Snow White in the UK. After her tweet blew up and she admitted to being disappointed at not be able to support West Side Story in person, she was offered a presenting role at the ceremony.

She attended, aided by a shift in Snow White's production schedule.

The outrage to this was wild.

How dare she pause a (Disney) production to celebrate the success of another (Disney) production? How much money is she costing DISNEY? Who does she think she is? Such a diva!

If this makes her the 'most hated woman', I'm going to guess a) it likely didn't have a dramatic impact on the box office on the film and b) these haters are absolute bleeps who could be better spending their time going after the real problems in Hollywood, and are likely misognistic bleepybleeps.

Also the article indicates her comments were that the Snow White remake would differ because the storyline was from 1937.

Me thinks you should be linking things to backup your statements.

Mod Edit: Whether or not you agree with someone's actions, we expect and require you to keep your words civil here. Inappropriate language removed ~Umbran

Last edited by a moderator:

OB1

Jedi Master
I do think it's likely we'll get a sequel, especially if HAT continues to perform well on streaming over the holidays.

I still think the most logical path for a sequel is to have Pine and Rodriguez captured by Thay, and have the main plot follow Simon, Dorrc, Kira and a couple of new adventurers travel to Thay to rescue them. Should help to keep the budget down as those two I think got around 30 million for the first film, but in more supporting roles they may be able to get them for less (though I'm sure with a piece of the back end as producers or something).

And of course, Xenk would come in for 20 minutes to help the party as well.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Why is Rachel Zegler unpopular?

The article also doesn't seem to have any of the facts right? Like it says the film is about the events leading to the Hunger Games... despite the fact that watching the first 30 seconds of a trailer tells you that the film is about the 10th Hunger Games?
It's sort of both. Yes it's the 10th Hunger Games but it's also the transformation of the Hunger Games into what it's to become - a society wide event as opposed to a little noticed punishment, with more than just some kids killing each other in a broken down sports arena.

It's sort of both. Yes it's the 10th Hunger Games but it's also the transformation of the Hunger Games into what it's to become - a society wide event as opposed to a little noticed punishment, with more than just some kids killing each other in a broken down sports arena.
In other words, a desperate attempt to revive a dying franchise by upping the stakes, regardless of whether or not it makes sense.

Who mysteriously also mentioned her ethnicity a lot. Spoiler alert: The people hating on her don't give a crap about an 80 year old animated cartoon.

Some do, but the wiser ones don't, although not liking race swapping characters doesn't make someone a racist, especially when there are actual racial minority characters you can use use like Tianna in live action movies, it makes them a traditionalist.

Still folks got over it eventually. I rolled my eyes, but didn't care about her race, because I don't really believe in race as something other then a social construct, and racial background and ethnicity isn't as important to Snow Whites story as characters set in the real world.

Personally don't care, Snow White was ground breaking at the time, but also not to my tastes, I prefer the Disney Renaissance movies to the Golden Age.

Disney's Hercules is supposed to be race swapped as well, which I'm fine with, because the Greek Gods were worshipped on three continents for centuries, and it wasn't unheard of for their Statues to partake of local elements, like Artemis wearing Indian Bangles, or Zeus riding Indra's Elephant on Indo-Greek Kingdom coinage, or Hercules being adopted by Buddhists as a protector of the Buddha.

In fact some of Hercules myths occur in Africa, India, Asia Minor, and India.

Folks confuse modern Greece with the ancient Greco-Roman world,which was much bigger and diverse.

BTW Mirror, Mirror already did the kick ass Snow White better, the cartoon Snow White's outfit looks goofy as **** on a real human being.

BookTenTiger

He / Him
Some do, but the wiser ones don't, although not liking race swapping characters doesn't make someone a racist, especially when there are actual racial minority characters you can use use like Tianna in live action movies, it makes them a traditionalist.

Still folks got over it eventually. I rolled my eyes, but didn't care about her race, because I don't really believe in race as something other then a social construct, and racial background and ethnicity isn't as important to Snow Whites story as characters set in the real world.

Personally don't care, Snow White was ground breaking at the time, but also not to my tastes, I prefer the Disney Renaissance movies to the Golden Age.

Disney's Hercules is supposed to be race swapped as well, which I'm fine with, because the Greek Gods were worshipped on three continents for centuries, and it wasn't unheard of for their Statues to partake of local elements, like Artemis wearing Indian Bangles, or Zeus riding Indra's Elephant on Indo-Greek Kingdom coinage, or Hercules being adopted by Buddhists as a protector of the Buddha.

In fact some of Hercules myths occur in Africa, India, Asia Minor, and India.

Folks confuse modern Greece with the ancient Greco-Roman world,which was much bigger and diverse.

BTW Mirror, Mirror already did the kick ass Snow White better, the cartoon Snow White's outfit looks goofy as **** on a real human being.
If the only reason someone doesn't like a character is because of a race, then that is, by it's very definition, racist. The person professing that opinion may not consider themselves racist, but the statement they are making is a racist statement.

Remove ads