D&D Movie/TV Chris Pine tells Gamesradar+ he's "pretty confident" Honor Among Thieves sequel will happen

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
I'm not sure we should take Thanos as a rule that says "looming threats" work over time. It's a singular example and post Endgame MCU has not suggested ongoing success with the model.

You don't need an ongoing threat or story. Just make each film good.
Agreed. I think a self contained story that world builds would be fantastic for a movie. Leave end game multiverse stuff until folks are ready for it.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
The Star Trek movies only existed ao that Paramount could keep the rights they had from CBS after the breakup. But now theybare back together, so Paramount has nonreason to maintain rights.

I don't want anything to do with other planes in the sequel, if they make one. They've barely touched on the Forgotten Realms, and Marvel has completely soured me on extra-planar/multiversal/whatever settings. I'd much rather see D&D films be relatively grounded; there is more than enough exotica in settings from the Forgotten Realms, not to mention creatures, magic, etc..

To be fair there us only so much FR you can fit in a 2 hour movie.

Anyways this article is about the Hunger Games: Birds and Snakes on a Plane, but most of it is applible to DADHAT and D&D as a whole.

‘The Hunger Games’ Prequel Is Another Failed Franchise Relaunch In 2023

PS the the article forgets it also stars one of the most unpopular actresses right now, that likely hurt the box office at least somewhat.

I think the directors at one point talked about the first D&D movie being a one-off and that any sequels would focus on a different cast of characters. That being said, the core cast of the first movie were pretty great together, and it'd be a shame to not have more of them.

As an aside, this fills me with no small dread. The Tim Burton of today is not the same Tim Burton that made the first movie.

Pod people Tim Burton is making Beetlejuice 2?

The Star Trek movies only existed ao that Paramount could keep the rights they had from CBS after the breakup. But now theybare back together, so Paramount has nonreason to maintain rights.

To promote an upcoming TV show.

Say do a Star Trek Legacy movie, leading into a Star Trek Legacy TV show on Paramount+, like right at the end of the movie before the credits in bold advertise for the TV series coming.

This would also provide time for SWNs to wrap up, I mean at most SNWs can have 4 to 5 seasons max.

To be fair there us only so much FR you can fit in a 2 hour movie.

Anyways this article is about the Hunger Games: Birds and Snakes on a Plane, but most of it is applible to DADHAT and D&D as a whole.

‘The Hunger Games’ Prequel Is Another Failed Franchise Relaunch In 2023

PS the the article forgets it also stars one of the most unpopular actresses right now, that likely hurt the box office at least somewhat.
Why is Rachel Zegler unpopular?

The article also doesn't seem to have any of the facts right? Like it says the film is about the events leading to the Hunger Games... despite the fact that watching the first 30 seconds of a trailer tells you that the film is about the 10th Hunger Games?

It also says that the film is likely to reach 350 million; while doubling the budget to get the total cost is not always accurate, seems like the film could make a profit. So 'failed franchise relaunch', maybe. But not a disaster?

Not sure if I can treat the article seriously when it gets the very, very basic facts right.

Especially since it's Forbes. They are not a serious, interesting or factual article generator.

Same characters or different, I think both could work. For the same characters, more Harper shenanigans, perhaps this time vs. the Zhents or Cult of the Dragon. Zhents could hint at a deeper conspiracy from the 1st movie, Cult could run off the dragon appearances from the 1st film. Personally, I'd go for some sideways hints to Wave Echo Cave, Phandelver and/or Baldur's Gate.

Either way, having Xenk show up again as a recurring character would be something I would definitely like to see. And some sort of sidewards involvement from Szas - perhaps directing things from the background for revenge against foiling his plans in the first movie.

Honestly I'd focus more on Xenk, Doric, and Simon, with some more characters from the novels and BG3.

I like Chris Pine, but he's simply not worth 9 million dollars, his name doesn't bring in 9 million dollars of business they wouldn't have had otherwise.

Unfortunately Holga is a package deal with his character, same with the daughter so they'd be out too.

Maybe adding Farideh and Havilar to the cast, or Everis Cale or both, a team brought to together by Elminister.

Why is Rachel Zegler unpopular?

The article also doesn't seem to have any of the facts right? Like it says the film is about the events leading to the Hunger Games... despite the fact that watching the first 30 seconds of a trailer tells you that the film is about the 10th Hunger Games?

Not sure if I can treat the article seriously when it gets the very, very basic facts right.

Especially since it's Forbes. They are not a serious, interesting or factual article generator.

For dumping hard on the OG Snow White, which upset the traditionalist Disney fans alot, so the ones that are also Hunger Game fans would likely skip this one because of her.

Remove ads