Class Compendium: Heroes of Legend

Camelot

Adventurer
Sounds like those of us who are only adding Essentials to our current games can skip the Heroes books and just wait for this, and it's inevitable sequels! This is exactly what I want; Essentials has been striking me as "Eh, sounds cool, but too separated from the rest of the material that I use," and this will be just what I need to integrate the new design into my game. Thank you Wizards of the Coast!

Korgoth

First Post
I like it! A way to incorporate the stuff from the original books that people like (Warlords, rituals, multiclassing, etc.) while using the errata and rules revisions in Essentials.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
I TOLD YO

Ok, I am stopping, not yet.

So we have a title change? Also, still nothing official from the WotCies.

EDIT: Also looks like the first of a series. EDIT 2: As noted by Camelot.

Also, just for fun, I confirmed that this is listed on Amazon Canada and UK.

Last edited:

AngryMojo

First Post
Update in the October news on WotC's website.

Looks like the name is Class Compendium: Heroes of Sword and Spell, and compiles the updates for the original PhB builds of Cleric, Fighter, Rogue, Warlord and Wizard, along with feats and explanations of how they interact with Essentials mechanics. 6x9 paperback format, almost like a "Next step in complexity" from HoFL.

Scribble

First Post
Update in the October news on WotC's website.

Looks like the name is Class Compendium: Heroes of Sword and Spell, and compiles the updates for the original PhB builds of Cleric, Fighter, Rogue, Warlord and Wizard, along with feats and explanations of how they interact with Essentials mechanics. 6x9 paperback format, almost like a "Next step in complexity" from HoFL.

That news article is awesome, simply because it has a picture of a chicken typing at a computer.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
I've just heard that Wizards will be producing most books in the paperback format from now on - printing them in China and shipping them worldwide.

Cheers!

Sweet. I was really hoping they would come out with a product like this. It makes total sense. Drop out all the obsolescent stuff from the PHB and you end up with a pretty compact book. I'm loving it, warlord goodness and all. Presumably we can expect to see something similar for PHB2 classes at some point as well, maybe even PHB3, though honestly some of those classes could kinda use a bit of a reworking...

Almacov

First Post
Excellent.
I'm very happy rituals will be making a comeback, and I really like the new paperback format. ($20-25 pricing makes things like this very viable as gift options. And they're so cute and small...)

I look forward to having this around the gametable. (Along with whatever future class compendium reprints the warlock and bard...)

Oh! There's a question...
I wonder if they'll include the Strength Cleric in this, or just leave it in the past.
I know what I think they'll do, but it will be interesting to see...

I hope this also contains new art. The art direction lately has been great.

Last edited:

Remove ads