• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Cleric MC

Hagan Grimmbrow

First Post
I'm debating MCing my cleric of The Raven Queen into...something else. I just hit 4th level, so I have some time to mull it over. i just wondered if there were any suggestions.
His high stats are in Strength, Wisdom, and Charisma. His Con is medium and Dex and Int are low.

Kinneus

Explorer
I find that (in 4e anyway) there's really no reason not to multiclass. A multiclass feat is basically a skill training feat with some bells and whistles attached.
Now, if you're planning on actually buying some power-swap feats, then obviously you need to be a little more careful in your consideration.
It's tough to say without seeing your particular stat array, but Warlord seems a decent choice. You can take advantage of your good Strength and Charisma that way. If your Charisma is really good, as high or higher than your Wisdom or Strength (which would be unusual, but not impossible, for a Cleric), then you can considering multi-classing to Warlock (Star Pact or Fey Pact, obviously).
Paladin might be good too. If you find yourself tanking a fair amount already, a once-per-encounter Divine Challenge will improve with that. I've never quite liked the multi-class Fighter feat... a +1 to a single attack and the ability to mark a single foe once per encounter just isn't worth your one and only multiclass, I don't think.
One of my personal favorites for a Cleric is Ranger, though. Hunter's Quarry gives a little bit of a Striker-like edge against a single opponent. More importantly, you can use it to get training in Nature, and easily expand your repetoire of rituals. Finally, your high Wisdom will synch up nicely with some Ranger powers, provided you have the Strength to hit with them.

yesnomu

First Post
Battle Awareness (MP) is very nice, and you qualify easily. It all comes down to whether you'd like to branch out or specialize, and what PP you're interested in, if the game gets that far.

Hagan Grimmbrow

First Post
Thanks. I guess my only other question is which MC would make the most sense for my character. I have a few of those classes in my party, so i could RP that i learned from them. On the other hand, my character, and all other characters in our party, were recently revealed to be Dhampir or Dhampyre or however you want to spell that. I chose that for my 4th edition feat and i'm curious as to what feat would compliment that the best.

Colmarr

First Post
I've never quite liked the multi-class Fighter feat... a +1 to a single attack and the ability to mark a single foe once per encounter just isn't worth your one and only multiclass, I don't think.

I'm not sure I agree with that. A free action +1 to hit is excellent for boosting your chance to hit with that daily or encounter power.

But that aside, fighter multiclassing leads to Pit Fighter and Kensai, both of which are excellent PPs for battle clerics.

Thanee

First Post
I like Warrior of the Wild. Perception is great to have for a cleric (high WIS) and the Hunter's Quarry encounter power is a nice bonus.

Bye
Thanee

nittanytbone

First Post
I like Warrior of the Wild. Perception is great to have for a cleric (high WIS) and the Hunter's Quarry encounter power is a nice bonus.

Bye
Thanee

Agreed. This is a great choice, at least for heroic tier. You may want to switch your MC feat later on depending on PP choice.

chitzk0i

Explorer
Several wisdom-based classes are coming up in the PHB 2. Avenger, Druid and Invoker all use wisdom as their primary stat, so you may want to hold out for one of them. There's also Warden, which is strength primary and wisdom as a secondary. We haven't seen any of the multiclass feats, but flavor-wise, you could probably get away with Avenger or Invoker.

renau1g

First Post
If you're going strength-based and plan on picking up some of the powers that the MC feat will get you, I'd suggest Fighter and pick up some of their powers later.

Remove ads