• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Closed - Grim Hyborian Tales - Game Thread Created.

Fenris

Adventurer
ragboy said:
Hmmm... why? His current build doesn't use a shield or TWF... Am I missing something (honestly...not being flippant)? Seems like it wouldn't affect his 'style' at all... Or do you mean that he could just use a greatsword to better effect?

Well this would give me the option to use a shield. But if I recall the GT rules aright, I think making it exotic to use one-handed dropped the damage. So we'll leave it a two-handed martial and not worry about it :)

ragboy

Explorer
Fenris said:
Well this would give me the option to use a shield. But if I recall the GT rules aright, I think making it exotic to use one-handed dropped the damage. So we'll leave it a two-handed martial and not worry about it :)

I know using it two-handed increases the damage by 1.5, yeah? Is there a GT rule that's different? (back at work, so no GT SRD makes me blind).

Fenris

Adventurer
No, not the damage multiplier for STR. This has to do with building the weapon. Sp I came up with this by:

Well I typed in all in then deleted it because I wasn't sure if I could post it. And then Haskins would really be dead ;)

But one of the modifications to a weapon: is that if the weapon is large you can drop the damage die by one step to make it a hand and a half weapon requiring the exotic weapon to use one handed.

Pages 88-89 when you get home.

But I want the d10.

Fenris

Old One

First Post
Bumporama...

Figured I would bump this up and see what the scoop is...are we cranking up anytime soon?

I will be on business travel most of the week, but will have good internet access. I definitely think I want to go with the knight...more "Hyborian" in flavor :p!

~ OO

PS - I am not sure I understood S-Ds last post...are there just going to be two of us?

ragboy

Explorer
I didn't understand it either. Sworddancer: Are you computer problems temporary? I'm going to start tonight, so we'll fold you in if you get that sorted out...

All: I'll make a first post tonight. I need names for your characters, by the way... :)

Fenris

Adventurer
Ragboy and OldOne,
Ok if Old One is going with his knight, which of my characters works better with him? I can go with either. So Ragboy I'm looking to you for advice on which you feel better encompasses the feel you want. Old One gets a vote as well. Either works for me, so let's build the party.

Fenris

ragboy

Explorer
I think either one would be fine. The ranger/archer dude is a little weak in a straight on fight, but as I said (and especially if you two are the only ones playing) there'll be plenty of mooks to provide fodder.

The only thing that swings my vote to the archer dude is that I built an adventure specifically with him in mind... :)

The good news is that since we're going to jump in and out of the character's timeline, you could choose to run one or the other before we start the next one... i.e. there'll be a natural break at the 'end of the adventure' and we may go 12th level and you could use the swordsman for that one...).

Old One

First Post
Arturio the Poitainian

For generations, the Knights of Poitain have provided the striking arm of Aquilonian armies. Their irresistable lance charge, followed by the deadly play of their greatswords, have routed enemies from Nemedia to Zingara and beyond.

Most Poitanian nobles have faithfully served the crown, and basked the attendant awards. Unfortunately for Arturio, his father and older brother chose the wrong side of Aquilonian internal "disagreement" - including betraying a border post to a Zingaran princeling. Only his position as a second son - and a previous decoration for bravery - prevented him from traveling to the headsman's block with his relatives.

Banishment and a disgraced family name followed him to the Aquilonian border...

Now he wanders, dreaming of a way to return the family name to greatness...and killing things that get in his way ;)!

~ OO

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads