• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Collaborative Cave!

Arnwyn

First Post
The number of rooms is fine, IMO. I despise linear complexes, and what you have above allows for an appropriate number of player "decisions", IMO.

And it's damn cool, too.

(Disclaimer: Just my opinion, based on things I like.)

der_kluge

Adventurer
Arnwyn said:
The number of rooms is fine, IMO. I despise linear complexes, and what you have above allows for an appropriate number of player "decisions", IMO.

And it's damn cool, too.

(Disclaimer: Just my opinion, based on things I like.)

Thanks. I went ahead and reduced the number of numbered rooms to 12. I think it's a little better now. Some of the rooms were kind of small, and their descriptions can be included in nearby rooms, if needed.

I also added a room signup sheet at the top.

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
Which way does the water flow in rooms 6, 8, and 10? Also, I love it when adventures have a Scale This Encounter for each encounter. It's pretty straightforward, but vastly increases the utility of an adventure.

-blarg

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I agree - awesome Map.

So anyway I've never participated in a Collaborative Dungeon but I do love caves.

So do we establish a theme for the cave? or at least a Cave type?

der_kluge

Adventurer
blargney the second said:
Which way does the water flow in rooms 6, 8, and 10? Also, I love it when adventures have a Scale This Encounter for each encounter. It's pretty straightforward, but vastly increases the utility of an adventure.

-blarg

It could go either way, or no way at all. It's up to whomever takes that area, really.

der_kluge

Adventurer
Tonguez said:
I agree - awesome Map.

So anyway I've never participated in a Collaborative Dungeon but I do love caves.

So do we establish a theme for the cave? or at least a Cave type?

Theme is that it's the lair of a dragon, probably set in a forest, in the hills or in a mountain. Other than that, it's open. Cavern type would probably be earthen/rock, like any other cavern system, really.

Remove ads